1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFC East: Flip Floppin like a fish out of water

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Dec 8, 2008.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    What does it mean to be a Dolphin right now? It means that you're on the bright side of many flops that have flipped, and many flips that have flopped. Here's some great turnarounds that have benefited the Dolphins.

1-6 or 6-1? - After 6 games the Miami Dolphins were well on their way to a front seat at the New York draft party, with a less than impressive 2-4 record. Meanwhile the Buffalo Bills are the talk of the NFL after sprinting out of the gates at 5-1. The flop gets flipped. Miami has since been 6-1, while Buffalo has pooped out a 1-6 record.

They aren't who we thought they were! - Ok, we probably all saw Matt Cassel put up 400 yards against the Jets and lose in week 11. And everyone noticed when the New York Bretts handed the 10-0 Titans their first and only loss in week 12. So the Jets take sole possession of 1st place in the AFC East at 8-3; and we all pencil them in as a division winner and likely first round bye. But remember, we're all idiots for penciling in anything. The flop gets flipped. Since then, the J-E-S-Ts have wet the bed at home against the one dimensional, defenseless Broncos; and appartentely showed up to the wrong stadium this week against the 49ers. The Jets now find themselves backpedaling, trying to avoid a franchise scarring meltdown. I feel so sorry for them. Flip flop, NOT.

Beasts of the least... - If you're a Dolphins fan like myself, then you know the feeling of being the only team to lose in a week where the rest of the division was victorious. We know all too well. Like a knife to the heart, being the sole loser among a group of winners pierces deep, and is cold to the bone. Week 12 was one of these bitter times. The Jets, Pats, and Bills all won their games by more than 20 points. Meanwhile the Dolphins are left feeling quite humble at the feet of the abusive New England Patriots. But hey, you guessed it. The fish flipped the flop. In week 13, Miami is the lone victor for the first time in what feels like centuries. Then again in week 14, the Dolphins were the lone.....wait, nevermind, thanks Seattle. But nevertheless, over the past 2 weeks Miami has been the lone bright spot in a division that seems destined to be decided in week 17. In weeks 13 and 14 combined, the Dolphins are 2-0, while the rest of the east are a combined 1-5.

Worst to First - In surprising fassion, the Miami Dolphins have managed to climb from the 15 foot grave that was last season, and find themselves tied for first and in control of their own destiny heading into the final 3 weeks of the NFL season. This flip flop is the type of history that Dolphins fans live for. The winningest franchise in the history of the NFL doesn't feel like letting go of their crown just yet. The pains endured through the 2004-2007 era have humbled a fan base, and allowed many of us younger fans to appreciate the wins just that much more. I hope you all like cherries on your sunday; because from here on out, that's what we're getting. Go Dolphins!

TO BE CONTINUED......Penny goes home, the Bretts regress.....

2. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Sure puts a smile on my face.:knucks:

GISH and njfinfan like this.
  3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    great read!

GISH and njfinfan like this.
  4. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thank you Gish, that was a very good read. Maybe the Jets wish they could flip-flop QBs about now :P Go Phins!

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Thanks Gish. Always entertaining. 5 stars for you my friend.

6. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    It's good to be back! For real this time, not like at the end of '05!

7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Awesome Gish. I'm still shocked not as to our overall record, but the fact that we were 2-4 to start THIS season. And have been resilent down the stretch and heading into the home drive.

8. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Ain't that right!

That was a mirage and I don't know how we all didn't know it.

This time we have all the right pieces in place to be successful for some time: Coaching, QB, O-line, etc.

DolfanTom likes this.
  9. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Nice read.

It's fashion, though. Not 'fassion'. ;)

10. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    :up:

11. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think there is a good shot the Bills beat the Jets next week, which would make things very nice for us. Jauron has to be under a lot of pressure to win.....for some reason he got a contract extension by the Bills and then the team goes into the crapper. I think the Jets have been "figured out" and they no longer have that swagger. The Niners and Chiefs won't be easy games, but as long as we don't turn the ball over, I like our chances,,,then Week 17...possibly for all the marbles.