AFC East Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Aug 13, 2022.

1. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    If Rodgers is out for the year you have to seriously start considering the theory the Jets are CURSED lol.

Week 1 went really well for the Dolphins. I really hope Rodgers is out. Makes winning the division much more realistic.

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Coach Saleh said they think it's his Achilles. That would be it for his year and maybe his career.

3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    If so.. that settles the debate about whether it would have been better to trade for Rodgers and get rid of Tua.

Tin Indian and Rick 1966 like this.
  4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Might be an overreaction but this division is ours to lose.. the bills just havent been the same since that playoff game where the team chemistry imploded.. and zach wilson is still bad..

5. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm calling press conference tomorrow that Allen suffered a concussion early in this game and played through it.

danmarino, M1NDCRlME and Bumrush like this.
  6. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Hate to see injuries but I have no pity for the Jets.

Silverphin and Phin McCool like this.
  7. Alan in England

Alan in England Active Member

Oct 31, 2017
    after all the hype about Rogers , his season might be over already.

8. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    That game couldn't have gone any better for Dolfans.

Sure no one should wish injury on other players. But this Jets team is not a Super Bowl contender now.

Rodgers goes down and everyone assumes the Bills blow them out. Well no, Josh Allen is a hot-headed moron and lost the game for them.

Jets D is good. Good enough to beat Tua and Co? We don't know they've never played. The Jets have only gotten Skylar Thompson in the McDaniels area.

I can say for certain that this Bills team has peaked.

9. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    It is over. He's done. It's the most Jets thing imaginable.

10. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Rivalry be damned, I hate injuries. I wanted Rodgers to play poorly because I don't like him and of course, I wanted the Jests to fly into the Hudson River like they normally do, but I would never want someone to be injured. Hard to believe a 39-year old man wants to put in the rehab to fix a body that is quite likely to break down again when he returns, so I'm thinking A-A-Ron is having his digital assistant write a two-week notice as we speak.

With that being said, maybe the Jests can contact the Packers about acquiring Jordan Love in 15 years.

11. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Jets had 13 points off turnovers, and some of those turnovers were easily avoidable.. josh allen having a clear 10-20 yard run and instead throws a bomb for an INT.. the announcers goes oh thats just as good as a long punt. Uh. no.. if josh allen takes the run he would have gotten the first down and be near the red zone..

very next play the jets rush for 83 yards.. that can happen at any given play.. some “punt”. Couldve had a scoring drive, instead you gave away three points by not using your brain

12. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    I don’t know about the team, but it sure seems like Allen and McDermott have peaked. They haven’t fixed the run game, nor has Allen stopped turning the ball over. Hopefully, both trends continue.

13. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I think the chemistry they had imploded after that brutal playoff loss to the bengals and evrrything that happened between Diggs and Allen.. diggs wouldnt even show up to offseason workouts and the coaches were like its concerning..

As far as the jets goes.. i was telling everyone i didnt think they were contenders with Aaron.. theyre even less of that without him..

Espn had the audacity to compare Zach wilsons qbr in week 1 compared to other top 5 qb’s.. i saw the same zach wilson as last season.. grt out of here with qbr..

14. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Florez led defense.

So what turned things around for the Tampa Bay offense on Sunday at Minnesota? After the game, Mayfield attributed it to the decision to use tempo late in the first half. On Tuesday night, running back Rachaad White added another wrinkle.

White said Mayfield figured out the Vikings’ defensive signals.

“I just remember Bake came in the locker room, literally at halftime, he said, ‘I got it. We got all these signals,’” White said of Mayfield during an appearance on the Buccaneers Radio Network, via JoeBucsFan.com. “We’re in there talking as an offense and he’s like, ‘I know all these signals. If they do this, they’re going into Cover 2. If they do this, they’re going into Cover 3. Every time I alert this and they do this signal, they’re dropping back to this.’ And I’m like, ‘Wow, that’s amazing.’ . . . I was just listening to him and we were listening to him and we just kind of understood.”

Minnesota’s defense, under new coordinator Brian Flores, had better buckle down in the remaining hours before Thursday night’s game against the Eagles, or Philly will do the same thing that the Buccaneers did, with the offense getting better as the game went on and last year’s NFC North champions likely falling to 0-2.

15. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    I read that too - the Vikings are in deep trouble if that’s the case. They are lucky Chicago is in their division or they’d be looking at a first-to-worst scenario this season.

16. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Defensive lineman Daniel Ekuale left last Sunday’s win over the Jets with an injury and it looks like he’ll be out of the Patriots lineup for an extended period of time.

The in-game announcement was an elbow injury for Ekuale, but Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that the initial diagnosis after the game is a torn biceps. Ekuale is having more tests to confirm that is the case and establish next steps for his recovery.

Ekuale has three tackles and a forced fumble so far this season. He had 19 tackles and four sacks for the Patriots over the last two seasons.

The Patriots also saw defensive tackle Davon Godchaux leave the Week Three win with an ankle injury, so they have multiple injuries to sort through on the defensive front as they move toward their game against the Cowboys.

17. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Jets face the Chiefs and the Pats face the Cowboys this week. We can have a 3 game lead over the division after we blow out BooF.

The_Dark_Knight and Hooligan like this.
  18. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The Pats and Jets are terrible. Just awful. Salah acting on the sideline like he knows the axe is coming, knows there is nothing he can do and doesn't really care.

The Pats are just overmatched. Belichick the GM is a complete failure, that team is bad. Mac Jones is terrible. Bill O'Brien is a nothingburger.

Honestly, I'm at the point with them that I really really hope neither gets access to Caleb Williams.

Today's loss to the Bills was gutting (this just in, their window is still wide open in a suddenly weak AFC), but the other two teams are bottom feeders. If we can pick ourselves off the mat, we can compete and be a force.

19. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    Zach Wilson leading a Jets comeback against the Chiefs.

Hell may be in the process of freezing over.

20. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Bills got 3 corners injured in the Miami game. One has a torn Achilles. With the travel to London and being thin on the back end, maybe Lawrence can soften up and exploit that defense a bit. The Jets are talented on the defensive side of the ball. Lets see if Wilson can maintain the kind of game he had. The Pats look just done.

21. Alan in England

Alan in England Active Member

Oct 31, 2017
    so good watching the Pats suffer. Belichick is now being exposed as a poor coach who rode on the back of a great QB for all those years

22. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Bills lost to the Jaguars on Sunday and it looks like they lost two members of their defense to serious injuries in the process. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN.com, that the pec injury that forced defensive lineman DaQuan Jones is “not looking good at this point.” Jones was injured in the first quarter.

McDermott used the same language to describe the leg injury suffered by linebacker Matt Milano. Milano left the game on a cart with an aircast on his leg. The Bills also lost cornerback Tre’Davious White to a torn Achilles last week.

Jones had 10 tackles and 2.5 sacks coming into Sunday’s game.

23. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    No sympathy from me. We’ve been bitten my the injury bug on many occasions and all we heard was “injuries are part of the game”.

24. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Jets right tackle Alijah Vera-Tucker will end his second consecutive season on injured reserve after a game in Denver. Vera-Tucker tore an Achilles on Sunday, coach Robert Saleh announced Monday. Achilles’ injuries are easily diagnosed, but Vera-Tucker played a play on it and walked back to the training room. The team called it a calf injury during the game.

“To have this happen again, it’s unfortunate,” Saleh said. On Oct. 23 of last season in Denver, Vera-Tucker tore his triceps.

Vera-Tucker moved from right guard to tackle a couple of weeks ago after left tackle Duane Brown landed on injured reserve, necessitating Mekhi Becton’s move from right tackle to left. Max Mitchell replaced Vera-Tucker on Sunday, and the Jets also have Billy Turner to play the position. The Jets drafted Vera-Tucker in the first round in 2021.

25. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    We need to do the same thing for the Germany game which is even further.

When the Ravens played in London during the 2017 season, they followed the same travel plan as most teams playing in England by arriving on the Friday morning before their game. The Ravens got crushed 44-7 by the Jaguars in that game and head coach John Harbaugh said that informed their decision to try things differently this time around. The Ravens flew to London on Monday morning and they will practice on the other side of the pond ahead of their Week Six game against the Titans.

“It’s mostly driven by the fact we didn’t do well,” Harbaugh said, via the team’s website. “We did the opposite. There’s no data. We looked for it – when you should go out there, what’s the science on that. As often is the case, they really don’t know.”

The Ravens will arrive in London in time to get to their hotel and go to sleep. The team will be off Tuesday and then practice for three days ahead of their matchup with the Titans.

26. Fishhead

Sep 29, 2016
    Bills were this close to losing their fourth game:

27. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Jets center Connor McGovern left Sunday’s overtime win over the Giants with a knee injury and it may be a bit of time before he’s able to return.

Head coach Robert Saleh said the team would be waiting until Monday to learn more information about the nature of his injury and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that McGovern has been diagnosed with a dislocated kneecap. Rapoport reports that it is not clear whether McGovern will require surgery and that he is considered week-to-week at this point.

McGovern was replaced by Wes Schweitzer, but Schweitzer quickly followed him to the locker room with a calf injury. That pushed practice squad elevation Xavier Newman into the lineup and the Jets lost the ball on a botched snap on his first play on Sunday.

It’s not clear what the outlook for Schweitzer is for this week, but shoring things up in the middle of the line will be important for the Jets heading into Week Nine.

28. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I'm really enjoying Denver's taking it to the Bills. I'm not expecting a win, but I'd love to have that 2-game advantage in the loss column going into the second half of the season.

29. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The way it’s going, Denver may indeed pull out this upset.

30. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Naw, they'll screw it up.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  31. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Denver's defense has done a 180 since they played us. They're keeping Allen in check. Vance Joseph might have saved his job.

32. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Too bad their offense can't do a damned thing.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  33. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Especially since Mims is having a great night returning punts. Man, I miss having a guy who can flip the field on returns. Who was the last Dolphin who was that dangerous? Grant?

Rick 1966 likes this.
  34. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    All right! TD Broncos!

35. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Missed the PAT. Again. And with a 6 point lead.

I've seen this movie before.

36. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Denver's defense only plays when it doesn't count.

37. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    They let them score. Payton preferred a 1-point deficit with two minutes to a chance to drive for a game-winning field goal. I'd say he has a lot more faith in Russell Wilson than he did a month ago.

38. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY

More than I do.

39. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Sean and russel are washed. 4 turnovers and only 21 points is egregiously bad.

Rick 1966 likes this.
  40. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Not to mention that Buffalo's D hasn't looked good the last few weeks and the Broncos made them look like worldbeaters.