1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After rewatching the 4th QR

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Oct 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Thanks to Tivo.....

-Protection was great, Rex Ryans vaunted defense was rarely pressuring Henne.

-Amazed at Henne looking so "comfortable"

-Hartline will be a very very nice player for us in the future

-GREAT double move by Ginn on Revis who will be a pro bowler and yes that was three Jets atleast 2 yards away from Teddy.

-Losing Cobbs Sucks

- Ricky is just an amazing talent if he was commited to football he wouldve ben a hall of famer no doubt.

-Love the wrinkles Miami has been obviously waiting to through at divisional opponents. -Pat White-

-Was it poor execution or poor playcalling in our 3 losses??

-Smiley played very well in the final quarter.

- On the all out blitz Henne made as good of a pass to Cammy as Ive seen a Dolphins QB make since the 90's.

-Thank you Bill and Jeff for Chad Henne

-Wow we have played very well at Home this year

-Ronnie the beast!! Great playcall Browns first TD off Tackle to the Left, this time right up the back of Smiley...

IMO this bye week needs to be spent working on our Saftey recognition...we still have Drew Brees, Tom Brady(2), and Rothlesberger left. We cant afford bad play from our last line of defense anymore.

Im not so concerned about our pass rush YET, the Jets may have the best OL in football.

All and all a great way to go into the bye week.

2. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    If our offense continues to chew up clock and secondary + pass rush improve just a little, we can win games against those type QB's. We were one stop from beating Manning.

dolfan7171, SICK, anlgp and 2 others like this.
  3. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I think mostly it's that we can't stop any deep passes. Every time it's either a penalty or a catch

eric, dolfan7171, Hexonx and 3 others like this.
  4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That's what worries me also. The Indy game, SD, the Jets... hell even the Bills connected on a couple long pass plays. The only game we didn't get burned deep was Atlanta, and that was only because Matt Ryan missed a wide open receiver.

Even when the safety comes over to help, we're still getting beat.

5. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    boy i sure hope the comment about saving our "wrinkles" and "special plays" for our div opponents is not true..i've heard this earlier in the season and i don't like it.we only play 6 games in the div.we need to do whatever works for EVERY game and not hold it just for 3 opponents.imagine if we had only started marino for games against the jets,bills and n.e only because our coaching staff felt that only those games were must win games and didnt need marino for the rest of the league.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rewacthing the thing, and the crowd noise was amazing, I haven't heard Joe Robie/Landshark that loud...ever.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Well when you play a team twice in one year you ecspecially need to give them different looks. Rest assured the Jets will be better prepared next time, so it becomes a chess game. I think we will start seeing more Pat White vs everyone though, u could tell the defense was REALLy on their heels when he came in...they hadnt a clue what to expect.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    everything coming along very nicely in year Two of the Reconstruction

appears we have our Franchise QB
    godd depth & youth throughout most the team
    the Orca-5 have lived up to expectation
    the running game is the best in the NFL
    our defense bends but won't break, as they acquire their stride & potential
    the defensive unit should be a totally dominate by game eight (expect to see both rookies starting @ CB very soon)

special teams better but needs to step up more to be contender viable
    the Franchise is a WR, NT, ILB away from a SuperBowl (to be resolved in the next draft & free agency)

We will Contend in 20010 :yes: & it is my expectation we win the AFCE in 2009

DaFish and Fin-Omenal like this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    BTW that had an effect on the game, if anyone has the game on DVR, in the 4th qtr (10:10) when Ginn catches that 53 yd pass, Rex Ryan says "****ing Noise"

The crowd drowned out the defensive adjustment call, or it may have, Ryan did not say that for nothing.

10. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    So spot on, and he was pissed he couldnt call in his burger order

padre31 likes this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Im gonna have to watch that again, I coulda swore he said Fu----g Quarters atleast thats what I assumed since that was the defense they were in.

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Could be, but he did not have a second lip movement "quarters' requires two lip movements..he looks up and says "****ing...noise..."

13. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    i just wanted to high light something that might not go into this thread, but been meaning to voice one concern. something that is fixable. but Vonte Davis is extremely susceptible to the play action. i bet you that is the main reason hes not starting over Sean Smith. because hes much more physical and a better tackler. also, on most of him just cover on regular passing plays, he does very well IMO. but that PA has killed him already this year

14. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I kept on asking myself..why is it so loud there??? I can't remember it sounding so loud since the Orange Bowl days

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

I thought he said "****ing torched" referring to 3/4s of his secondary.

Good thing Its something that comes with experience.

padre31 likes this.
  16. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I watched it again this morning before work. I can't get enough of that game.

17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    why would the crowd be making noise when we are on offense? That's pretty stupid support.. just sayin'

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Believe it or not Marty, I asked myself the same thing, and the reason "why" is Miami is simply not used to making that much noise, our normal "sellout" is really more of a 2/3 thirds out, often times with opposing fans in attendance.

On MNF the crowd was just that pumped up, if you listen to the replay the sound never ceases, it is always a roar in the background.

cnc66 likes this.
  19. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

are Jets fans really that loud? :shifty:

20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Drunk Jets fans are the "300 Spartans" of fandom....

21. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    actually i remeber that it was just the crowd after the TD, that place erupted but they still scored again so it didnt really mater.
    But Henne still beat the jets with some ronnie, ricky, white,some kick *** punch ya in the face o-line, Cam, the list goes on and on and on lol