1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After watching the game over twice...where was Al Johnson?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Dec 25, 2008.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I watched the game live..then again on my DVR and then again on NFL Replay...and I saw no hide nor hair of Al Johnson. Going into the game there was alot of talk that he would split snaps with Satele at center but it looked like Samson went the whole way. Was it a coincidence that Satele played one of his best games of the year? I am just wondering do you think in such a big game that they will try to incorporate Johnson into the lineup or just go with what we got for now?

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well, I can't imagine that the coaching staff was unhappy with Satele's play in that game, for one.

Switching Johnson to Center might just be a mechanism to deal with powerful NTs. The Chiefs line someone up in a 1-technique routinely, but it's a barely-300 pound guy with no significant reach advantage on Satele.

3. HugeFinFan

HugeFinFan Woopsy Daisy!

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    I think it was because it was so cold, it was best to go with the starters because they were warm and loose. Standing on the sideline for a quarter and then going right into the action is a lot harder to do when you're freezing cold.

4. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    im guessing that they liked the matchup. now this week they may not as jenkins has the ability to manhandle samson.

5. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    yep , it was because of the weather, it was also the 1st game of the year they let the same 5 guys who started the game , play the all of it together.They said it was because of the weather.