1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After week 6, which coach is the first to get let go?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by steveincolorado, Oct 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    My money is on Jim Zorn. If not tomorrow, then next Monday when the Redskins get a bye. I hate when coaches get fired, but it's part of this business.

2. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah I would say Jim Zorn also,he seems to really be on the hot seat over there. I really can't see the Titans letting go of Jeff Fisher so that is probably out of the question.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Rex Ryan? :chuckle:

Clipse and steveincolorado like this.
  4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Why him, he's one of our best coaches:shifty:

anlgp likes this.
  5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Jim Zorn clearly. I think Jauron lasts the season unless they just utterly collapse. Marvin Lewis has taken himself off with a solid season. A guy I think may be something of a surprise (but wont get fired in season ...) Norv Turner.

Some others that are on the hot seat - Wade Phillips (Jones has said hes safe for the season, but after?), Raheem Morris (Cam Cameron Syndrome), John Fox (Carolina struggling hard), Jack Del Rio (up and down), Tom Cable (Al Davis, nuff said).

6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Raheem Morris won't be fired. Bucs think he is next great coach. Hahaha
    Zorn Will be fired along with Jauron. Not a matter of if but when.
    I think Jeff Fisher could be let go.
    To answer actual question tho I think Zorn goes first

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Just as we thought of Cam. I think if they go 1-15 or even 0-16 he may be gone.

Fisher I dont see being let go, but then again who wouldve seen Shanahans either. And Jaurons case is so strange. If he can lead the Bills to a 6 win or better season, he may end up staying. I dont get it, but that seems to be the MO up there.

I forgot to mention Gary Kubiak as well. He may end up in a Tony Dungy lite situation where hes assembled some good pieces but cant (in his case) get to the playoffs. A subpar 8-8 season and I can see him gone, but not midway.

IMO, the only real threat to get canned imminently is Zorn. 3 losses to winless teams, and your only win against a winless team is really really bad. If the Eagles get pissed off by this weeks loss and come out and just thrash the Skins, thats gotta be it.

cnc66 likes this.
  8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Jim Zorn without question. Jauron should be fired, but he wont.

9. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i dont agree with zorn and here's why.

1.the redskins have hired sherman lewis to take over playcalling and lessons the load on zorn so the skins are willing to give him the rest of the season.

2. their season is already pretty much washed in that division i believe but the experience is good for this very raw 2nd yr hc.i felt it was a really big jump for zorn but he is good peolpe in a very bad situation,i mean come on..they appoint a guy to call plays that they just hired 2 weeks ago to be a consultant!! not saying shermin is a poor choice but the front office has been making some very wierd decissions as well(give the man a real coaching staff!!

3.after all that i really have to say that zorn will not be their hc come next season as snyder imo is going to go after a cower,gruden..someone with more experience and a name.

Zeke0123 likes this.
  10. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Im gonna nickname Snyder "belly flop" because all he cares about is making a big splash without any regards to chemistry fit or anything else football related with his moves.

11. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    After last night do any of you think Norv Turner is on the hot seat?

steveincolorado and cnc66 like this.
  12. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    I would agree with the posters who believe that Jim Zorn is the first to be let go. I think they are just going to wait and see if their new play caller can make any type of improvement. If he does, than I believe Jim is gone before the end of the season.

13. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Bolts should fire norv.. and hire shanasham

texanphinatic likes this.
  14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bolts should can Norv and AJ Smith, Marty S is still out there.

Zorn is clearly on borrowed time.

Mike McCarthy up in Green Bay is not really impressing anyone..they were supposed to contend for the NFCN title and they are an average team at best.

15. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    I hope Mangini gets fired.

16. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Fisher? He'll be on the Hot seat after his little Manning Jersey stunt that he pulled. Fired? I doubt it, a lot will depend on how the season pans out. Jauron's got to go IMO, I'd rather he stay, but if Wilson has a single brain cell that is still coherent he'll dump that bozo before the season is done.

late again likes this.
  17. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    With several teams turning in some disappointing performances this is probably as good a discussion as any, steve.:hi5:
    Now if it were up to me to make the decision, it would be Norv Turner. Last Monday night I heard Jon Gruden actually state that Turner is an excellent HC! Turner has 11 yrs of HC and after 11 years his record is 77-95, with a total of 4 winning seasons. Only 2 of them are where his teams recorded double digit win totals. One of them of course being when he took over Marty Shottenheimer's 14-2 Chargers. Sorry for the rant, but for me one of life's greatest mysteries is why Norv Turner keeps getting HC gigs.
    Anyway, Jeff Fisher is really straddling a fine line. He showed up at a public speaking function to introduce Tony Dungy. When he came out to introduce Dungy he was wearing a Colts jersey and told the crowd he just wanted to feel like a winner!. Wow! This is the Titans main division rival.
    I think it's going to be Zorn, though. Snyder has shown himself to be impatient.

opfinistic likes this.
  18. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    You type much faster than I do...:knucks: But we had the same thought

opfinistic likes this.
  19. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    I can't help but look at Norv's neck when the camera gets put on him. Has anyone seen it? It looks weird.

20. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I'm telling you that was an asinine move. I realize it was for a charity event and it was probably self depreciating humor, but not smart IMO.

late again likes this.
  21. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Turner is almost as bad as Jauron. The Bolts have some severe injury issues, but they arent playing well either.

McCarthy I think is safe for another year, they really need to get that OL fixed up. Im gonna say Lovie Smith needs to make the playoffs or else next year as well now that hes got Cutler - I remember his seat getting a little toasty at a few points despite the SB appearence. But again, they both have at least next year to work on imo. :)