1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albert knows assignments for all line positions; even tight end

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Everybody on the line should...including backups.

3. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Here's an assignment: be ready for week 1.

Fin4Ever and cbrad like this.
  4. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Probably easier said than done. I think it would be nice, but I'd be happy with a lineman understanding the idiosyncrasies of their own position.

It may also be easier for a veteran to understand some of those other positions opposed to younger players. I would think (I wouldn't know) a lineman would have to know at least some of the assignments of the players next to him.

5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    So you guys think this might be a little foreshadowing if Fox plays decent?

If he truly is ready by week 1 it will be impressive. No doubt we need him.

BTW, I'm exponentially more interested in understanding how Delmas regenerated his knee so Damn fast. It smacks of outside the box therapy. Just wanna know which one and who it was.

6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Considering Albert played guard too while at Virginia I don't think this really means all that much. I hope he's ready by week 1 as he was really, really good last year. I think that going into the Lions game PFF had Albert as the #2 tackle in the league in pass-blocking efficiency. I can't remember if he was behind Joe Thomas or Andrew Whitworth, but I think one of them were the only guy above Albert.

I was more interested in them saying that Fox may have an opportunity to play guard when Albert's back.

7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I hear ya...it just should be a professional pride thing IMO. You know how it was in the Navy...you gotta know your job inside-out, then know other guys' jobs...maybe not at expert level, but know what they're about to some level of technical degree.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    ill bet that he will.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think Albert knows his injury history and contract level make him a liability moving forward, he should be working this angle for all it's worth.

10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    LOL, that's the first time I've ever heard rehab alluded to as working an angle.:chuckle:

I could imagine you at an AA meeting and being like, " Hello, my name is Disgustipate, and really I'm just getting a jump on the competition..."

Flmao

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Do guys rehabbing an injury get to sit in the position meetings w the rest of the guys at their position? I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yes.