1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albert Wilson signs with Vikings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Vikings made official the addition of free agent receiver Albert Wilson on Tuesday, announcing the move. That made necessary a corresponding move, and the Vikings cut running back A.J. Rose Jr. to make room on the 90-player offseason roster.

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Wilson has talent but for whatever reason, we rarely saw it in Miami. He was going to lose out in the depth pool anyway.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    You'd think these guys from New England would eventually learn that no one else is BB, but they often make the same arrogant, closed minded mistakes. He got what was coming to him.

5. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Looks like he's getting love from the Steelers' personnel. He can't put his thumb on them while working under Tomlin and Teryl Austin.

KeyFin likes this.
  6. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Sometimes it seems in a weird way we needed Florez. He got rid of the complainers and those that wanted to do it their way or wouldn’t do what they were told. He changed the culture to follow what was being said but didn’t know when to back off of that. It was almost like a total reset of the organization and now McDaniel can thrive because he’s almost opposite. But he may not have thrived “potentially - I’m bein opponistic” if that ground work wouldn’t had been previously laid.

7. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I mean, if we even kept a few quality players three years ago, I have no doubt Flores would have strung together three winning seasons. He came in with a completely gutted roster and led with an iron fist, which clearly pissed some people off and got some great football out of others. It is what is is though- not all coaches are nice. He was the right man for the job at the right time in his career.

For a rookie head coach that took a huge step up, people are nuts if they expected more in those circumstances.

8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I know that there were apparently some things going on behind the scenes with ownership and potentially the front office, but I really believe that Flores wanted to build a team that wins with big plays on defense and a sandlot/hero ball QB. I doubt that we would have ever had a stable, repeatable offense that runs the ball and passes efficiently most weeks, and I don't know if our defense would have ever been great at stopping the run or forcing punts.

Add to that his personality which is the absolute polar opposite of what I want for our franchise, and I'm very glad that he's gone. Now, I cross my fingers for McDaniel, and we'll see what happens.

KeyFin likes this.
  9. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I think Flo made the mistake of making sure everybody in the building - players and staff alike - knew that his first priority was to himself. He cut/traded/fired people if he felt their upside was too low. I can understand it, because in the end, he'll be judged by the product he puts on the field. I'd want the best out of everybody that reports to me. But people tend to have the same loyalty to you that you show to others. If you cut Kyle Van Noy after one season where he actually contributed much (and he's one of "your guys"), it shows that anybody can be let go for the good of the coach/team.

At some point, that'll bite you in the ***. There comes a time when you need players to want to fight for their coach. I think he had devotion from his defense, but not the offensive players or the offensive staff.

Flo seemed to think that everybody is replaceable, but he found out that in the end, so was he. I'll admit, I was upset when we fired him, but it was more because I'm tired of constantly resetting. Especially after consecutive winning seasons. I have no idea if McDaniel's going to work out. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'd rather play for somebody who saw me as a part of his team instead of an asset. If Wilson's account of being told to walk single file in the building is an example of the communication and control he showed his players, I can understand why he was fired.

10. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Flores thought he was Bill Belichick with his non-answers and cold attitude. It doesn't work when you don't know how to coach a football team. A good position coach, I'm sure.

11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Looking back with what we know now, I'm glad that he's gone as HC as well. I would have loved it if we could have kept him over the defense and brought in a new head coach, but he probably wouldn't have accepted that and I can't blame the guy. He'd have to leave on principle alone.

The glaring problem with Flores wasn't his temperament, but his inability to find an offensive coordinator that could make things happen. Then there was the Brady/Watson aspect- they never should have done that to Tua. They easily could have recruited without it being national media and making their starting QB wonder if he was going to be traded in any given week. Maybe that's not 100% Flo, but he held the press conferences and couldn't say more than "Tua is our QB." I blame him for that as well.

Pauly and Phil Hutchings like this.
  12. Phil Hutchings

Phil Hutchings Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2018
    That's exactly how I felt.

KeyFin and OwesOwn614 like this.