1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albert's Injury

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I wish you only the best Branden Albert !! You are a big part of our improved OL play and I hope for you personally that you heal well and are as pain free as possible !! I look forward to your return as soon as you are healthy and ready..It has been a pleasure !!

LET'S GO FINS !!!!

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Its official: Torn ACL and MCL. Not good.

3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    I heard out 9-12 months on the radio. Wish him a speedy recovery. Hopefully he stays close to the team.

4. argos31

argos31 Member

Jan 2, 2014

The contact was on the outside of the knee which puts strain on the MCL. So that was his best hope, but if it is severe enough the tear of the MCL can also tear the ACL. The impact of the contact I thought it could have been a tibia/fibula or MCL.

MCL is on the outside of the knee, ACL on the inside. Very often the ACL when torn also tears the MCL, as in Albert's case I guess the contact was to the MCL, but was so severe it got the ACL too.

5. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Damn, I hope he makes it back to playing again...Modern medicine should take care of this though.