1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldon Smith, #smh

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Da 'Fins, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Just crazy stuff from this guy. Who knew he was such massive problem child?

Something is really wrong with the guy and he needs some serious help and transformation as a human.

But, football-wise, this is a blow to the 49ers as, when healthy, Smith was a top level NFL defender and one of the top players on a great defense. With the Bowman injury, and an entirely new secondary, the 49ers are going to have a tough time maintaining their play.

It really shows how fragile teams can be in the NFL these days with not just free agency and injuries but a number of players have entered the league who simply are not very stable people.

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    He's apparently completely unstable, and if he wasn't the super talent that he is, would likely never play another down.

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    At what point do teams cut a player like him out of the NFL forever?

4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    -What's the matter it's not like I have a bomb

-Sir, you can't say bomb on an airplane

-Bomb bomb bomb, Bomb bomb ba bomb. I'm a bombadier

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MikeHoncho and Fin-Omenal like this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    The fact he was arguing and THEN said bomb, certainly seems like he made the comment in jest. Not that it makes it right but the media paints a picture of him running wild into the airport saying I HAVE A BOMB!

6. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    He definitely needs help. Two DUIs, the felony weapons charge from the party where he was stabbed and others shot, and now this episode. All in a period within a couple years.

I mean, it's either one or the other, right? As judgmental as this probably comes off, he either needs serious help (and is making a cry for it) or he needs to shape up and be a citizen of the United States. There are some things you just know better than do -- don't yell "fire!" in a theater, don't get in a car after you've had some liquor, and certainly don't say - joking or not - that you have a bomb at an airport. At some point, you have to take some self-accountability -- either that or society's gonna do it for you... which seems like what's happened here. Hopefully, he has a support group and can get the help he needs, whether it's psychological or just a mentor-figure helping him see the right path.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Are hash-tags a thing now?

TiP54 likes this.
  8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Speaking from vast experience from dealing with stuff like this in airports....you simply cannot say anything remotely close to anything violent towards any worker in an airport....joking or not...the Feds simply do not play around with it.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    #ItsAThing

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Tight ship they're runnin in SF.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have a hunch that Aldon is in the closet.