1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aliens vs predator demo

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by daphins, Feb 5, 2010.

1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm reaching out to my phins fans for help. The PS3 Demo is having connection issues and requires 4 people to start a game...so I need 3 of yall to meet me online..i'm daphins......

Yes, that's a problem with the PS3 laugh all you want, but I'd play it on my XBOX that gave me the RROD two days ago...which tends to be a problem with them. So it's all even...

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    multi-player demo? weak.

3. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    played it for 5min then deleted it

Sux

4. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I finally found some people to play with..here's some quick notes

1. Graphics: A lot of people are *****ing about these, I personally think they're alright but nothing to write home about. I now the game is due out in 2 weeks, but I think this might be an older build as I doubt it's 1080p. Looking at the loading screen even the fox logo is a bit jaggey. If the graphcis stay as is I'd consider them ok, nothing special. But I wont be surprised if they make a jump to a more high-res polished version by the time it's released.

2. Sound FX: Playing it on nice surround sound and it rocks. Sounds are taken straight from the movies. I love taht.

3. Gameplay: I may be in the minority (i've played the last one and loved it) but I am really enjoying this game. I think the developers made a few mistakes on this one, and it's having a hard time bringing in people new to the franchise

1. Only Freefor all game mode: This was a big mistake IMO. This game (and the others) aren't intended to be played in a free for all. The free for all is a bit unbalanced between the races (aliens rule right now, No one knows how to use the predators, and marine's are outgunned when alone) which is fine by me, because they're supposed to be. The actual game has something like 8+ online modes and that's what I'm excited for. This game is meant to be played more like Left 4 Dead, where it's objective based and the races can work together. i.e. Marines have to stay together to survive, Aliens need to swarm to take on stronger opponents, and Predators need bigger levels to stealthily pick opponents off.

What's there is tight but if they were going to do mulitplayer I would have hoped that they'd done it with a few maps, and with an objective based mode. They've announced that they're going to include a Survival/Horde type mode which to me is incredibly exciting.

The best parts of these games IMO were when you were a Marine facing an impending opponent. Even now playing as a Marine can be pretty intense. Blips on your motion detector make you spin around to find the threat, and anticipation builds as you have no idea where they'll pop out from, and if you'll have enough time to drop them.

Aliens can break out lights to create dark levels where all marines have to rely on is their lights.

The components are there IMO but they just didn't show it off well. I'm still going to buy it for sure, and hope that they address a few of these issues. As a guy who considered buying a 360 for GOW2's Horde mode I'm still holding high hopes for this game...

A review of the Horde mode that will make you drool

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1061700p1.html

Phinz420 likes this.