1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all the receivers played well today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Dec 6, 2009.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Give it up for all our reeivers today.

Bess had his best game yet, Hartline is starting to become reliable, Ginn had two huge clutch catches not to mention a monster return and even Camarillo had a couple of key catches. Also Fasano seemss to be back.

It really does seem that a big part of the problem a month ago was the receivers getting used to hennne. every week the chemistry gets better. henne still has alot to work on but we're getting there.

I think every game, the need for WR drops in relation to Linebacker

2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Great job by them all today, definitely. Bess had the one drop on fourth down, but it would have been a very difficult catch. I'd hate to imagine if Ginn had dropped that one. Also, on Ginn's second catch on the slant, he ran a beautiful route. Absolutely gorgeous, hopefully I can find someone to make a .gif of that. Any volunteers?

resnor and adamprez2003 like this.
  3. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    good point :lol: if that was Ginn, it wouldnt have mattered that he had 100 yds, the one drop would have cancelled everything. thankfully the expectations are more sane for the other receivers.

On that pass to Bess I really thought the drop was on Henne. There was no reason to fire that howitzer at that distance in that situation. he has to learn to take a bit off, especially when you have the time to do so which he did on that play

4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I agree. At the same time though I'm almost happy about it. The mistakes we see with Henne are overwhelmingly mistakes that correct themselves with experience. In the future, he senses that he has more time and will also learn to ease up a touch on throws like that. Same with thing really with the first half interception. Take those things away with experience and we have a hell of a bright future under center right now :yes: We've already seen him make practically every throw, and he never seems to make the stupid facepalm throws. I think Pennington helped him a lot in that aspect.

dolfan7171 and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    at times he forces a throw. but when he gets burned he immediately makes up for it. bills game was the exception. thaat ability to bounce back and make up for your misttake is the mark of a winner. he has several traits of a winner. i cant wait till it all comes together for him

2k5 likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    the receivers were great today because Chad Henne was great today

7. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    some truth to that but they did well also. great game by offense

Rocky Raccoon, 2k5 and Killerphins like this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The Pats had no answer for Bess, and I feel bad for Camarillo because the guy is all heart and he is money but I doubt we keep him after this season.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  9. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Also, was it just me, or was the pass blocking exceptional today? Just one sack and it seemed like Henne had all day a number of times.

jetssuck likes this.
  10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    ery good but i also was extremely i mpressed with henne's pocket movement. i wrote in a post earlier this week how he needed to imporve that by next year but today was fantastic pocket mobility, moving with purpose, stepping up in pocket when needed

11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Well, overall, this is the worst pats defense we've seen in years. All the guys that used to make all the plays for them, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, Samuals, etc. have all left in one way or another. And they have not done a great job (surprisingly) replacing them.

They still have big ol' Wilfork, so their run D is still pretty darn good. But right now, Banta Cain is their best pass rusher. that's not good. Our Pass blocking showed that ain't getting it done for them.

adamprez2003 and 2k5 like this.
  12. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    agree. how can you not like camarillo but i just dont see him here next year either.

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i thought he did well in the pocket today too
    improvement already in that area
    i'd like to see Henne put a little air under the football when needed, a little more touch
    that is the main thing i see that needs improvement

14. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with the fact that Ginn has put himself into a position where every ball that touches his "two" hands is magnified. Heading into today's game:

Ted Ginn Jr. - 8 drops in 342 plays. 8 drops/ 25 receptions. Those are the worst numbers in the league.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

With numbers like that it's kind of hard to make a case that the real problem is over reaction and bias.

As far as today's game, that catch he made at the sideline was the most impressive thing I've seen him do as a receiver. That wasn't one of his "track star" plays.

These next four games are a perfect opportunity for him to show the FO that he should be in their future plans......in fact it's probably critical that he does.

Disnardo, Fin-Omenal, eric and 2 others like this.
  15. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Ginn deserves some praise for sure. He was getting open a lot and made two clutch catches.

Bess was a monster...

jetssuck, adamprez2003 and Stitches like this.
  16. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    They all played well. If only we had a consistent deep threat though.

17. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Honestly....I think what we saw today was finally a good offense. We became a passing offense today, we spread the field and boom all of the sudden the recievers look good. I really have felt for a long time that our biggest problem is just the offensive scheme and not as much of the players. We finally spread the field and let our recievers loose and thats what we have to do now especially since Ronnie is out.

The O-Line is solid and they are giving Henne time, lets spread them out and let our quick recivers run some slants and crossing patterns and I really think were going to see a lot more production out of all of them. Just like the title said, every reciever looked good out there today. Hartline and Bess were the shining stars of the game to me, but they all put in a solid preformance.

Hopefully we found something here, if we stick with it, its could be a fun season ending.

Fin-Omenal and adamprez2003 like this.
  18. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    a touch more accuracy and a touch more touch lol... I agree

19. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    How about D-Bess?

This kid is becoming Nat Moore right before our very eyes.

20. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Or OJ McDuffie, Mr. 3rd down.

21. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    of course its overreaction. He didnt drop that many all of last year and I think he had over 600 plays. What was Ginn's number's last year...5 or 6? If this was a consistent problem then we should be concerned. If its a new problem then we must assume there are factors other than his hands that are causing it. Meaning, its temporary. His play in the last few games shows his hands are coming back. He's bailed out Henne on a few occasions and made some very pretty catches along the way.

Too many posters want instant stardom from players and dont allow for the natural learning curve to take place. He's got another year from this FO guaranteed unless some sub 4.4 receiver becomes available. Unless you can name one, he's our receiver for one more year so get used to him.

The main thing we saw today that should help out all of our receivers is the use of slants. The coaches finally feel comfortable allowing Henne to throw those. And thats the thing. Its become pretty obvious we have been running very limited passing games up to now which is going to impact all of our receivers numbers. Now that we're apparently ready to open it up expect all of their numbers to improve along with Ginn's.

You're simply writing him off to early. He's still not a final product. You have to allow for him and Henne to develop chemistry the way Henne is finally starting to do with Bess and Hartline. Henne's weakness is hitting those deep throws. Eventually Henne will improve that and when he finally does Ginn will shine. As we saw today Bess and Camarillo simply cant be running deep flys or posts. too slow

22. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    you could be right :lol: i didnt think of that

dolfan7171 likes this.
  23. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Almost the exact same M.O. Man. Many aspects of his game are the same.
    He really reminds me of Mr Incredible (Nat).
    All we need now is a nice "Helicopter" catch and I am convinced he IS Nat :up:

24. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    all time classic :lol: :up:

25. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

I disagree.....I think your optimism and assessment of Ginn is far too generous. He's a limited receiver that needs to make more plays and more often. His future here and in this league depends on it. He had a nice day today but over all as a starting receiver this year, he's been terrible. I have a feeling he's under the microscope right now and nothing's set in stone as far as their plans for him.

eric and adamprez2003 like this.
  26. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    The key words in that last post is "this year." Judging Ginn on one year is as bad as judging Henne on one year, as some posters have suggested about him. You don't judge any player based on one year. Has Ginn struggled THIS YEAR? Yes. Are his struggles THIS YEAR representative of his career? No. I highly doubt you see Ginn in a different uniform next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

dolfan7171 and adamprez2003 like this.
  27. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i know when ginn picked up that 3rd and 10 if he chooses to not duck down on the safety and runs he might have scored

28. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    And I "know" that "if" Henne had thrown to Ginn instead of Bess (the pick he threw), that Ginn "might" have gone for a td because he had his guy beat to the inside.

You can't play the "if" game. Ginn made a good play, and you're dogging him on "if's". Kinda unreal...but not surprising when it comes to Ginn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

dolfan7171, Ozzy, jdang307 and 2 others like this.
  29. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    All we really need is a true #1. Bess, Camarillo and Hartline are great and it shows when we trust them they can do things. Your pushing it though, you still need that true #1 big play WR. It could be possible that Hartline CAN be[Camarillo can catch, but isn't really fast enough, he's great for 10-20 yards though], but the Phins better not take any chances, they better be very agressive in FA for a WR and drop $$$, and build up the D in the draft. Trying to draft a #1 WR is very hard. We'll be fine for next year if we do that, could be "talkin' super bowl" again in 2010[Finally!] I feel like we're so close, the team has showed they are, aside from the Bills game.

30. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    well in terms of ginn i'm not really in his camp or out of it. i'm agnostic. i believe in the formula of having one speed guy and if we replace him it has to be with a sub 4.4 guy. he has positives and he has negatives. i agree that he needs to make more plays. if thats the criticism then i agree one hundred percent. even if there is nothing wrong with him and the lack of production is based on bad chemistry between him and henne we would need to consider moving him but as of right now noone was really producing until today. we have 4 games where we will probably finally have a full fledged passing attack. He will have four games to produce some plays. We have four receivers who have to do the most they can with the limited opportunities they have. If he still cant produce then there is a problem but i think he'll produce enough that coupled with his returnns we'll keep him and try to get either a TE or a playmaker jump ball type reeiver. So long as we dont draft a speed guy. Free agency not a problem but there is zero reason to draft another three year project speed guy (they usually take two or three years) we should be bringing in players to help us now not three years from now. we have too many holes still to worry about that far off

31. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

If he didn't duck he was going to get clobbered. If he could have withstood it, he was gone but thats a big if...

32. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I focused a lot on Jake Long today, the guy is the premiere left tackle in the game imo..Just dominant.

Franchise tackle, franchise QB..2 players who played big time college football for 4 years together, 1 draft....Respect.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  33. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Its a shame how shockingly unfamiliar stats like that are to us...

"Two" TD passes to WR's? Somebody pinch me...lol

34. CJG

CJG Diehard!

Dec 7, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    its about time Ginn did something. He needs to learn how to catch the ball. He is a great special teams player, but if he caught the ball more often, he'd be worth our first round pick. Great game for Bess too. I think Bess and Hartline are going to be awesome next year.

35. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I think you're more a Dolphin fan rather than a football fan. Yes receptions are the main goals of a receiver, but they're supposed to do a lot more. the fact is Ginn, after 3 years, has horrible route running, cannot block on run plays, has so much speed but can cant break away, and gets jammed at the line way too easy. It has been 3 years and he still rounds out his routes and thats unacceptable, especially with his speed. I get the fact that he's on the dolphins but I'm a football fan first and dolphins fan second.

36. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Teddy Ginn had 141 total yards, he went over 100 on kick returns.

Love to see him make the pro bowl

37. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    You mean when the CB grabbed his leg and tackled him?

38. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I agree FS. Let's just celebrate the victory, and a great game by the receiver corp as a group. Great effort by all.

39. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Now imagine us having a good, high caliber - play making reciever, how much would that boost our offense up? ALOT.

40. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With the big plays that Tom Brady had on us, a ball hawk free safety would be nice. I'm all for drafting/signing a big time WR, MLB, FS, or NT.

dolfan7171 and resnor like this.