1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow Me to Congratulate...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Dec 28, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    [admin] Please use appropriate language as this is a family site! [/admin]

1. All the Dolphin players who went 1-15 last year. Worst to first, baby!

2. Chad Pennington. No analysis is necessary. You know the story.

3. Tony Sparano. You did it. No more Tony Soprano jokes. The dude made a name for himself

4. Bill Parcells. You done did it again. What a difficult task, and you done did it again!

5. Jake Long. Your Wolverines really blew it last year. You kicked *** for Miami this year. Screw Matt Ryan. You were the right choice. I really believe that now.

6. Ted Ginn, Jr. MVP of the most important game of the year.

7. Ronnie Brown. Healthy and productive after a nasty ACL.

8. Thephins.com staff. Somebody invested a bunch of money into starting a message board for a team that went 1-15. Balls. Thanks for not banning me.

9. Section126 and Padre. Obama won and we still won the AFC East! The world has not ended!!

10. Gardenhead (me). You were a true believer and watched all the games with a passion.

Everybody else, please feel free to add to this list of people to congratulate!!!

opfinistic, ascii, larfo2224 and 6 others like this.
  2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Grats to Joey Porter for setting the Franchise mark for sacks in a season.

3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

He didn't quite make it... :no:

But grats to him for setting a career best in sacks this year... :up:

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Congratulations to our WR's for working so hard with Chad to improve their game. They never stepped away from a challenge and never quit working. They went beyond what was required and really stepped up.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm throwing out some love for Anthony Fasano. He continues to be a major factor and what a great adjustment and catch he made for what turned out to be the game winning touchdown.

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    That was a great catch. Turned to the inside to catch the ball and saw the ball thrown to the outside. Turned around and won the game! Fasano rules!

7. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I want to give a shout out and congrats to every Phin fan that believed that the Dolphins would and could do this well. I certainly didn't. I doubted the Dolphins throughout the entire off season. Even though I am a life long fan, I just didn't think we would do this well.

I was in traveling hell today and didn't get to see or listen to the game. No worries though, every Dolphin fan I passed in the airports, we were able to stop and give each other updates on the game and share a smile for a few minutes and go about our way. We have a great network of brothers and sisters and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Go Phins! Why not us. Why not a first round win at home against the Ravens.

dolphindebby and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Congrats to David Martin for learning how to catch. I hope his injury is not too serious.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  9. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Oh snap you're right. I need to do some homework. I agree he had a monster year either way.

10. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    :yes:

What a trade. Love that he's a fin. We should maybe look into trading for some more ND players...

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  11. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I want to give a shout out to the fans on here who i have talked phins football with for quite sometime now. A lot of rough conversations over the years and a lot of doubting and loss of hope. Its always been very fun though and now we can celebrate the happy times.

12. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Wow! You've come a long way.

Ya know, I re-watched the 1st Dolphin-Jet game of the season on NFL network the other day, and Jake has come a long way too. He was a little shaky in his first start as a pro, but today I don't think any pressure came from the left side. The guy's become dominant in just one season.

13. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I agree with all the above comments, to add...

Our ROOKIES, for making me a believer we have a really bright future with loads of talent.

Merling, Long, Langford, Bess, Carpenter, Fields, London, Polite (not sure if he's a rook)

To henning for his confidence turning creativity to use the wildcat and instill confidence in our whole team. After the second game, that turned the mentality of the team around.

Huizenga, thanks for giving bill 9 mil per.

Patrick Cobbs. Special teams, 3rd RB, tackles, Returns, catching and running. You are a monster in my books and i hope there is a long term deal waiting for you.

Goodman. I dogged you bad after the Zona game. You have redeemed yourself in spades. I consider you one of the better corners, if not the most underrated in the NFL. Today you were a MONSTER. Hellavu game AG.

Ricky. Thanks for comming back and staying clean. Your a joy to watch and you redeemed yourself this year for the past years of disapointing off field issues that effected this team. Glad your around for this turnaround.

Special Teams. You have slowly been getting better for 5 weeks now. Today you were monsters, you didn't give up a big play, you blocked a punt and didn't give the game to the other team. This unit has turned the corner.

Our TE"s. Fasano, Martin. You two have been so good all year. Another solid game by both. Even if martins was short, that catch was big early on.

This team rocks! Go phins, beat down those crows next sunday.

14. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Everyone, including myself, who have battled through last year and the years prior. To all, including myself who have had to tread through posts looking for a postive one. In the end, all works out. Enjoy the post season and don't take it for granted. What a year to be proud of!

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    My list includes: (of those not mentioned already)

Will Allen: Personifying "Underrated" every week for every season he's been here. You should be going to the Pro Bowl too.

The Jets: Thank you for getting Favre and letting us have Penny for free. I'm so embarrassed, i didn't get you anything...:shifty: Also "thank you" to your fans (obnoxious ones at the bar today), coach & QB (not greeting the champs at the end) for continuing to be the classless losers from top to bottom, you have always been. Without you being you, Jets, this win would have been just a pinch less sweeter, may your next draft be as successful as they have all been...:shifty:

Rocky Raccoon and GARDENHEAD like this.
  16. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Congrats to Ted Ginn. Through all the fans fighting over you and your draft status, you managed to keep working on your game and you made the two biggest catches in the biggest game of the season. You singlehandedly beat the bills earlier in the season, and we wouldn't have beat the jets without you.

Rocky Raccoon and gafinfan like this.
  17. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    How about Jeff Ireland. He did a great job as a first year GM. We need to insure that we keep our front office in place for years to come.

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The biggest congrats have to go to Mr. H....Thanks for giving us Tunaland and co. this season, Thanks Mr. H....

Also, congrats to Woody Johnson for finding out that 'buying' a championship is easier said than done...

Congrats to Brett Favre...A great career, a lot of fun memories...now go on back to your farm in Mississippi and enjoy your life...you deserve it and coming back will only tarnish what you've done so far...

Congrats to Dan Marino, still the all time leading single season passing yardage leader QB....

Congrats to all Fins fans...win or lose next week and to coin a phrase from Independence Day, NFL....Weee'reee baa-aaack...!

19. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Oh yeah, I forgot....

Congrats to the Jests for having to give up a 3rd round pick for Favre...