1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost time my friends!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SICK, Sep 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wow.....it was just yesterday it seems, people were saying glen dorsey already "has a dolphin jersey with his name on it" after the seasn ended......it seems like hours ago we were anticipating our draft (past the first round)......and it was just minutes ago it seems....our first day of training camp started....

well brothers and sisters.....less than 1 week.....thats right.....6 days....till our boys take the field....with a new swagger.....a new edge....a new mind set......ready to pound those J-E-T-S into the miami soil........

are we ready for some football!!!????!!

what's everyones plans for sunday?

ill have my ronnie brown jersey on, beer in my hand, and chips on my lap......my baby boy will be in his zach thomas outfit...starting for the first time a long tradition of me watchin the ball game with my boy!!!!

what's your plans for sunday???

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!

J-E-T-S......SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!! SUCKS!!!

2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Enjoy the game with your son! I'll be at Miami Mike's Sports Zone with all the other Dolphin faithful - well, except for Dolfanrodney who will be partying at the game with Sean (Skeet84). Represent guys.

3. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I will be at the game in the MIA. Woooo Hooooo

cnc66 and njfinfan like this.
  4. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    :woot::party::hammertime::amen:

I'll be wearing my Ronnie Brown jersey and pigging out on my couch.

5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I will be watching my Fantasy Football leagues, the NFL Network Sirius Radio scorekeeper, the games on CBS and Fox (probably the Panthers and for sure the Titans :pity:), and finally watch the game on NFL.com (which is like watching a cheap version of the game but its weird how excited you get when the little sliders on NFL.com get a first down or big gain for the Fins/the opposite for the other teams).

I can't wait for a whole day of football Sunday (and as well on Saturday). :yes:

felly smarts likes this.
  6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Go to a Bar and watch the game!

7. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Yeah well I live in the sticks so the nearest bar is like 40 miles away that would televise the Fins game. :pity:

8. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
  9. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Well my JT jersey has gone into retirement for now, so I'll "unretire" my ricky williams jersey! whoot whoot!

I'll be ordering up the sunday ticket, small price to pay to get every phins game. My market doesn't show too many fins games. That is until a few years from now when we dominate the Football night in america and MNF games. Until then, sunday ticket it will be.

I'll be jersey on running to my living room like its christmas morning waiting for the CBS pregame show to come on. Cook a huge breakfast just in time for kickoff (it starts 11am for me).

Go Dolphins! whoo. hooo.

Crush those stinkin jets

10. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    I'll be up at 6 a.m. getting everything ready, then waiting for the parking lot gates to open so we can get our beloved spot, tailgating, then I'll go in to watch the warm up and game. I can't wait. :up:

njfinfan likes this.
  11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
  12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    That's why the food really isn't part of the equation.

13. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Looks like I'll be at the game with really good seats. Hopefully the Football Gods allow me to walk out of that stadium with a Dolphins win!!!

14. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    Game day isn't coming soon enough.

Game day I will check out The Phins. Com and watch the pre game shows. My wife will make me a couple of pizza's to eat while watching the game.

Game time I will watch the game while keeping pace at The Phins. com.

15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I haven't been this excited for a season in a few years. I think this team is finally heading in the right direction and I cannot wait to show everyone what we're made of this year!

6 DAYS UNTIL KICKOFF!!!

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I hope to god we get the "W" !!!!

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sitting on my couch, by myself which i prefer, scared as hell that Brett Farve is gonna put 21 points on the board before our young team figures out the speed is different from preseason to regular season.

Our secondary is gonna have to play light out on sunday because Bretts playaction, ballhandling and misdirection will eat our young defense up. sorry guys, iam just worried as hell of this game, its an awfully big game to be playing in so early, i hope we dont get shellshocked.

18. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I will be in Macedonia or Bulgaria suffering from a monster hangover after the Macedonia V Scotland Wolrd Cup qualifier game (optionally I will be sunburnt like hell considering it will be 33c which is something a wee boy from Glasgow has never seen before :D).

Will be sitting checking the internet feeds over my phone so keep me up to date in here guys :D

19. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    If the DLine can get pressure and collapse the pocket causing Favre to step up and try to push the ball Miami will win this game because as strong an arm and as big of numbers as Brett has put up he makes stupid stupid decisions at times trying to force the ball where it shouldn't be.
    If the Jets have to throw enough for Favre to get three Td's I expect an equal number of picks to go along with it again if we can get pressure and the DB's can hold onto the ball because Favre will deliver some presents to them if he pushes.

20. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    The way we combat that is to control the ball. We have the makings of a very good o-line, Ronnie and Ricky in the backfield and a QB that I think may be able to convert 3rd downs. Sustaining a couple of drives early, even if we don't score is going to be critical. As for the D, I just hope we can get a 3rd down stop or two. Getting off the field was our biggest problem last year.

But as much as we're feeling pressure, this game is even more important to the Jets. They're expecting playoff run and could looking at an 0-3 based on their schedule if they lose in Miami. Opening day on the road is always tough.

21. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Ball control will be huge. On the sideline Brett can't hurt us.

22. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Would've been making the trip down with about 15 of my friends but I can't since I have to stay home and take care of the animals as my parentals are heading to Aruba the day before the game. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm sure they'll all represent well. BP who posts here is one of them making the trip.

Either way, Football is back. I'll be home on my 40inch flat screen HDTV in either a Favre TShirt or Jeresy or Rhodes jersey and ready for this season to finally officially begin.

23. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    I just got a 52 inch LCD and Sunday Ticket but I always like the energy of going to the bar. Gonna be a tough call. Been awhile since I've seen all my football friends.

24. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    wow now that is a tough call. Life is good if these are you're toughest decisions in life :yes:

25. mexican phin

mexican phin New Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Sunday Ticket (Mexico)

GO PHINS!!!

26. beemerdaddy

beemerdaddy 2008 AFC EAST CHAMPS

Mar 23, 2008
    ORLANDO FL
    Jets game

i will at the game cant wait jets suck suck suck

27. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    Home made hot wings, Beer and pacing the floor watching my beloved fins beat the Jets!!!!!!!!

28. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    kicking back at a buddys house watching week ones biggest upset

29. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I doubt it'll be televised here. Don't have sunday ticket and I don't go to bars. So, once again, I'll be depending on you guys all day. I'll either wear my JT, Zach, Ricky jersey, or maybe Marino, don't know yet, but I'll wear it to Sunday night services at church. Oh, and my good luck socks from '72.

30. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Wish I could make it to the game this weekend :cry:

Hopefully I can hit up at least 3 games later in the year.

31. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    Life, welcome back

SICK likes this.
  32. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Congrats on the new baby boy.

I'll be sitting in my living room watching on my tv with the surround sound and a nice cold one in each hand wearing my Jake Long jersey.

SICK likes this.
  33. Spegg

Spegg Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    For the first time in 11 years I will not be going to the game. Had to give up my tix this year. One of the hardest decisions I have ever made. Hopefully I can get them back next year. It was either the tickets or live in a box under I-95. I almost chose the box.

I am weighing my options for the game and somehow, someway, I just may end up at the game come kickoff.

34. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I know where you're coming from. We had to cut our directtv down to just local channels. I hate it because I won't get to see any games probably, or get the nfln. :cry: But, it was that or eating and my husband said we needed to eat. I tried to talk him out of it. LOL

35. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thanks buddy!! I can't wait to watch the game with him...hes only 7 months old but ill try to get him to enjoy it somehow :lol:

36. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Which part of 95? :lol:

37. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    i actually rather watch games at the house versus going to them

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  38. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    WOW. And I thought I was the only one. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for choosing to watch games in my own house when the opportunity to go to a game is presented.

MelbournePhin likes this.
  39. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    its a hassle. driving in the traffic, paying to park, paying to eat and drink, waiting in line to piss, idiot rival fans, etc etc

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    seemed like an eternity no?

god i cant wait for kickoff!!!!!!! :hi5: