1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alosi Banned for Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Larry Little likes this.
  2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    It's a fair punishment. But I do think the Jets coaching staff was told to stand there and they're lying about it to not get Ryan in trouble.

Larry Little likes this.
  3. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Stiff, but fair. Plus, the NFL is going to stop the whole lining coaches up on the sideline thing.

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Good call.

5. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I actually feel kind of bad for the guy. I'm sure it was a split second decision and it just totally blew up in his face. I mean it was a stupid thing to do but I doubt it was premeditated.

6. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    It does appear as tho they are lined uo to play "Red-rover,red-rover,send Carrol right over"

7. dolfan87

dolfan87 Super Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    It was stupid, uncalled for, and reckless. Having said that the punishment does not really fit the crime. Had Carroll been seriously hurt, then I think he would of deserved it. What I think the league and Jets are doing here is punishing him severely in order to make darn sure no other team tries it.

8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I think it was Westhoff's orders.

This is hilarious. Its as if they waited for Francesa to do his show, listen to how bad he'd rip them, and then went with his punishment suggestion.

Ozzy likes this.
  9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I wonder how much 3 weeks worth of pay and a 25k fine hurts him? Does a S&C coach make as much as the vet minimum?

10. RunRickyRun

RunRickyRun New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    This quote is why I believe is was ordered
    If thats true, then The NFL needs to come down on them. All of them, as in the Jets.

11. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Naaa. Leave them alone. Just have the whole team ready to split the fine and send the toughest player full force into them.

12. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Fair punishment. He did apologize immediately after the game, and in person, which is was the saving grace in this situation.

Ultimately, only one guy stuck his knee out. You can guess at the rest, but you can't prove.

If Carroll had been injured or the punt returned for a big gain he should have been fired.

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Ryan's a *****...he knows damn well what was goin on..not saying he wanted the dude to trip him...but he had them line up so when Carol got blocked that way it would screw him up.

Lookin at them standin in formation like that...man if Brian Cox was still on our team!!!

14. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    He is taking the hit for the rest of those coaches in one sense. It is clear that there was a premeditated intent to line up like that knowing the gunner was going to be pushed out of bounds. I don't doubt it was Ryan or Westhoff who ordered that (that's likely why he's not fired). Had he been fired, he could have said, "we all lined up for that purpose ..." Seriously, how many coaches line themselves up like that, all together, all with their legs spread, braced for a potential hit? And, when a player is being pushed out of bounds - they don't even flinch or move back instinctively? The only guys who don't move back instinctively are guys who are expecting it and not intending to move!

But, when it was clear that Nolan was going to avoid them and the coach couldn't move any further - he stuck his knee out.

Given that pretty clear situation - the punishment is absolutely fair and not at all excessive - injury or not.

I suspect it was Ryan or if not then it was he who set the atmosphere. Buddy Ryan was just as ruthless and willing to do whatever to hurt guys or do something outside the rules.

15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Have to disagree with that. It's what could have happened not what did happen. That's kind of like saying, "Hey, that guy shot a gun at me, but he missed, so it's all good."

To me it's a happy medium. His job would have been a little severe.

16. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    I think he should be fired and banned from the NFL, stuff like this hurts the integrity of the sport. Bad Sportsmanship has no business being in the game and an example should be made. A coach in his position should know that what he did, could have ended the players career or severely injured him.

17. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    good call by the jets, no more or less is required.

18. happy

happy New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Rex set it up and watched. See this. He also walked over to within 3 feet when he was down for a close up look. Tough to beleive him when he said he didnt see it when the video shows this is not true.

Attached Files:

Da 'Fins likes this.
  19. happy

happy New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Here is the video. see for yourself

[video=youtube;BxqN_t9XI64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqN_t9XI64[/video]

20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I agree. I think he got off easy.

21. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    We took the high road and won the football game. I'm good with it.
    But..... I still think someone should have been over there to call out that sideline.
    Those *** holes treat Carroll like that.... Dirty cheap shot and planned.
    That reeked like nasty vagina

JMORGAN6977 likes this.
  22. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    That pic and video, Happy, is clear. When has anyone every seen 6 coaches line up like that? They don't line up that uniformly for the National Anthem! If I'm the league I'm sending a letter to the Jets - on top of the whole tripping - and let them know that it was pretty clear what the intent was and that they will be watched for any other type of activity and fined severely should any other sort of attempts be made like that. A warning at the least should be made.

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Fair punishment IMO.
    But if it were up to me I'd have him get dyssentry.

24. happy

happy New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I watched another Jets game I had on tape and there was no line up like that at all. This was 100% set up.

25. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    There are players that have done worse playing every week who have been fined less in ratio to salary and suspension. It's done and time to move on.

26. happy

happy New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    This was not one guy but a Jets plan. This is very differant.

27. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I do think there is a cover up of sorts here but so what? I like the action taken, and I'm sure the league will be watching closely as to what the Jets and there staff does in the future...

28. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I doubt that will ever be proven. If it is then there would be more serious repercussions upon the team. The penalty was more than harsh enough to whom it was levied upon.

29. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    I"m not a conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't put anything past the Ryans. And Lets face it that coach isn't missing out on anything, suspended 3 games, i'm sure with the healthy contract RR has he can more than afford to compinsate him for his lost wage. Or pass the hat for a critical win and a playoff birth. If they score on that TD and win the game heads would explode.

30. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

You're missing the point. The fact that Carroll wasn't hurt has no bearing on the punishment. Just like if I were to get pulled over for DUI. Even if I didn't hurt anyone the possibilty is great and my actions will get me a fine, jail ect etc...

His malice, carelessness, and plain stupidity determined this punishment. IMO, he got off too light. The NFL isn't even going to do anything to him.

31. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The NFL shouldn't fine this guy based on whether or to what extent Carroll got hurt. They should fine him based on the fact that he could have seriously injured or even ended the guys career with that stupid 'lapse of judgment'... What they need to do is put rules in place so that it can't occur again...a 3 yd buffer on the sideline or something... That may seem like too much room to move guys back, but there is already rumors and innuendo that it was orchestrated. That would be the last thing I'd want to hear actually happened if I were the NFL...it may or may not have and there isn't any proof either way except for circumstantial evidence, but there is a way to eliminate it from happening...