1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alright Jets organization...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CitizenSnips, Nov 2, 2009.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Where Miami goes from this point, and where the Jets go from this point, these things i do not know. But what i do know is this, the dolphins swept the Jets this year. The two games showed me several things.

1. When miami needs to make the play, we're capable of doing it. Not once, but twice in the two games our offense had to pull a solid drive out in order to win the game. We saw Henne move us down the field in game 1 in clutch time, and in game 2, with the score at 19-24, our offense pushed the ball down the field and got the touchdown to joey haynos. The jets had pushed us around all game, but when we needed it, we got it.

2. When the Jets need to make the play, they can't do it. First game, the jets defense crumbled when they need to make the play. This game, the offense did. Sanchez played a solid game, though his stats suggest he played a very good game, i don't think that's indicative of his overall play. That final drive was a mess on his part and he turned what could have been a 15 yard pass into a 30 yarder. And he threw it out of bounds no less. You could also argue that the jets defense crumbled again because they didn't stop our offense on that last drive that mattered.

3. Bart Scott is, by far, the biggest tool in sports. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the man has accomplished nothing in the NFL. With the ravens defense kicking major tail yesterday against the undefeated broncos, you gotta wonder if they miss Bart Scott or Rex Ryan AT ALL. Clearly we're starting to see that Maybe Scott and Ryan didn't have that much to do with the Ravens success. Maybe, just maybe, it had a little more to do with Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, and the rest of those defensive juggernauts. Seriously Scott, you're not a Raven because they decided you were expendable, and Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs weren't. Remember that everytime you look in the mirror. You were let go for a 34 yr old ray lewis. And that goes for you too Rex. They don't miss your gigantic *** whatsoever.

4. Henne's 3-1. Sure, we got the pats coming up and be that as it may, I think we got something big in Henne here guys. The man can make every throw, he doesn't make dumb passes, and he's definitely a leader out there. And while it may not be fair to compare Henne and Sanchez, lets face it, we got years of this coming. Sanchez may have statistically blown henne out of the water, but Sanchez threw MANY passes that missed their mark. Several passes hit the ground in front of the intended WR, others were misreads and Sean Smith SHOULD have had a pick 6. I can't say i recall Henne making one bad throw yesterday. Granted he didn't throw nearly as many, but I'll bet if we put a tire 20 yards away and pit Henne vs. Sanchez on who could throw the most passes threw it, it'd be Henne by a mile. This is incredible to see such a confident and stable young QB in miami. It's very exciting. Maybe not reminiscent of a certain young QB in 1984...but it's exciting.

Henning sucks Why are we calling wildcat passes deep in our territory on 3rd and long? Why didn't pound the rock against S. Pouha? TE screen on 3rd and long? I thought the knock on this guy's playcalling was supposed to be that he was boring, not cute. Seriously, we have a 1st overall RB and a 2nd overall RB, run it up the gut. A. lot. more.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Henning sucks???? Three weeks ago everyone here wanted to announce him as the second coming.

Coaches have bad games also, but this guy has been better than advertised.

Fin D, unluckyluciano and Agua like this.
  3. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I was okay with Henning prior to last Sunday......some of the stuff like Brown throwing the ball with us inside our own 20 was very questionable.

4. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I dont think I've said it anywhere... but I absolutely hate most of our offensive play calling. And I don't recall anyone saying Henning would be the second coming. I'm quite confused by your post NJFinsFan.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    He was fine i guess in the beginning of the season but the past two weeks have been terrible. with yesterday being down right atrocious.

I didn't even mention the rollout plays. We had Henne, a right handed qb, rolling out to the left, on a 3rd down when we know they'll be blitzing. Henne didn't even get a chance to position himself to throw because hes not freakin left handed. :tantrum: