1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alter Bridge - AB III - Album "Review" (by me, w/link to stream 2 new songs)

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by brandon27, Oct 13, 2010.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Just wanted to share this here, I think I remember some folks here really enjoying their music in the past.

So I managed to get my paws on a copy of the entire new album from Alter Bridge. It's phenomenal in my opinion, not that I expected anything less from Tremonti and the guys. Myles sounds incredible, his writing on alot of these songs is evident. Tremonti has some good solo's on here too, but they dont seem to take over the song, and not fit anymore, he's playing more to the song, which is cool, because the solo's fit better, but its a bit of a drag to me because that dude can play for sure, and I love hearing it.

The album is out in Europe already but doesn't come out until November 9th I think in North America, but yeah its well worth the cash, take my word for it. If you're a fan of the band, you'll love it.

Some dark songs on it, some upbeat tracks, and some masterpieces as well. I must say, A Wonderful Life is a great song, similar to In Loving Memory from One Day Remains, and Watch over you, but more of a musical piece. I Know it Hurts is upbeat, and rocks. Still Remains is another *** kicker of a track. Slip to the void is another awesome track that will rock your socks off too after a slow, dark, brooding intro. The heavy Tremonti riffs are evident on every song, some you just have to listen harder to hear, as theyre burried, but its a solid listen. The first single is called Isolation, and its pretty damn awesome!

The album ends with a song called Words Darker Than Their Wings, and it is quite a stirring vocal performance by both Tremonti, and Myles Kennedy, but mainly Myles as he goes Jeff Buckley style near the end of this tune. His voice soars through the entire album really.

All in all, 14 great songs on this one. Well worth checking out, and buying, and of course seeing them on tour when they hit the US this winter.

I give it a 9/10. Not going with the perfect 10 because I miss the crazy solo's, even if they don't fit in the song all that well, but thats just me. All together, the songs sound much better though.

Check out this link to hear Isolation, and Words Darker Than Their Wings, and read this guitar magazine's take on the album.

http://www.musicradar.com/guitarist/alter-bridge-ab-iii-track-by-track-review-278474

And another review, this one from artistdirect.com:
    http://www.artistdirect.com/enterta...ab-iii-review-5-out-of-5-stars-review/7680895

Any questions on it, let me know!

Rock on!!! :guitar: :punk:

padre31 likes this.