1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I playing Job russian roulette?

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Iam a foreman at a State contracted striping company, recently I have felt like I havent got a fair shake as far as my leadership goes. I was on a project before any other crew (Iam the newest foreman by the way) and I had some issues with the customer from a quality standpoint, well he has sent his top crew their and they are struggling worse than I did.

Well all of a sudden he has me working under a guy who was a foreman before but demoted, I asked him about it and he sugar coated it saying we were a team and he didnt view things that way, wich is BS by the way, also said I will continue to be a "leader". But then I look on next weeks schedule and Im on a different crew and the old foreman who was demoted that everyone hates is running the show...

Well tommorow Iam with HIS crew and Iam hell bent on calling off to prove to these guys Im not gonna be lied too and treated that way. These are not nice guys they are ruthless and look down upon us even said he didnt want his kids around "the guys" kids? So basically he is a prick and if I let them emberass me now they will continue too.

I feel like I need to send a message because the talks are going nowhere.

Now as far as job security I seriosly doubt they would fire me over this but their is always that chance. We will be laid off in about a month for the winter anyway in wich I will look for another job wich I know wont be easy but Im confident I could find one, plus I feel like a career change anyway.

I know Im venting but I think this is the right place.....

I know the logical thing would be to swallow my pride and go in tommorow but Im a pridefull person and I feel like its a double edged sword between standing up for myself or taking that 3% chance that they fire me.

Disnardo and Boik14 like this.
  2. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    you used "their" in the wrong context several times. have your resume checked for errors before you go job hunting. good luck:up:

SICK, Boik14 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I am happy to listen to your "venting". Since the job is only for another month anyway, I would simply keep at it for the paycheck and better reference when the job is over. Pride is important but you need to pick your battles. Is this really one you need to fight?

Boik14 likes this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Screw it dude, take the money while you find something better. Cant be too picky with the way things are. I would voice your concerns in a professional manner when the time presents itself but go in tomorrow, be a good solider and if the situation presents itself to speak to whoever is in charge then talk to that person. Unless you have something equal or better lined up, let them pay you..you can still have pride and be pissed at them while you accumulate some cash :)

5. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Sounds like this guy will hang himself anyway so you might as well be there to witness it...and just be a grunt no need to try and bail him out when he fails..sounds like he wouldnt help you.

6. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

So Fin, how did it go?