1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amid Parcells rumors, Ireland power unquestionable

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Amid Parcells rumors, Ireland power unquestionable
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...t-he-is-thinking-of-doing-what-hes-about.html

Boik14 likes this.
  2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Well, you have to hand Ireland one thing; he's covered his *** while at the same time putting it all on him.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    None of this matters in the long run.

Either the team will be successful and these guys will continue running the show or they'll be fired. It doesn't matter who's reporting to who anymore.

If Henne turns out well, they're in good shape. If he doesn't they're gone, it's pretty much that simple.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Maybe all these Peterson threads will end now.

Boik14, CaribPhin and SeanP like this.
  5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Probably not, I'm sure there will be some inventive conspiracy theory that will throw out the possibility...

Like, if we go 2-14, and Sparano freaks out and kills Ireland, we'll likely get Peterson.

6. R&R_Express

R&R_Express New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    i think this means nothing because if they are bringing in peterson then they will probably be getting rid of Ireland anyways.... though i think that is a BAD move IMO

7. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    This whole thing has been a circus since day one. Accountability and oversight are good things in a corporation, and I'm wonder if we really need another guy with full control and a "what I say goes, so deal with it" attitude. I'm not a big fan of this new "football czar" thing. It hasn't helped us yet, and I'm of the opinion that unless we can get all our people on the same page, it wont help us in the future.

8. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Well it will be interesting in the offseason to see what trends in Free Agency and the Draft continue and which trends fall away. ie: double dipping positions in draft, cutting high priced vets who didn't perform right away, big money on average free agents, undrafted gems etc.

Califin likes this.
  9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Ireland can still be fired.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dude just hides Conu, seriously, he just never talks to the media one way or another, for example, Pat White and Pat Turner..err..who did that>?

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

12. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh...not sure why Armando even wrote the article to be honest. All Ross would have to do is fire Ireland and pay out his contract. Not that I want Peterson here...but this really amounted to a whole lot of nothing. If Ross wants Peterson here....he will be here.

Youd think Armando would have at least put that part in his blog...

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    He hides? What GMs are out there having weekly press conferences? He talks to the media after the draft, so I can't see how you say he never talks to the media.

alen1 likes this.
  14. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    It could all change in the blink of an eye. Parcells had Wayne's undivided attention and we all saw the final results. Considering Peterson and Ross are supposedly "close" friends we have no way of knowing how much Ross confides in Peterson. And we don't know how much influence Peterson has on Ross, nor do we know if Ross has considered the idea of his friend running his new toy. I guess time will tell.

15. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    All I know is, I feel better with Ireland in control at GM rather than someone named Randy or Rick.

adamprez2003 and Boik14 like this.
  16. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    He also talks to the media after interviewing Dez Bryant:shifty: