An open letter to Miko Grimes
76 replies
Greg Cote
Miami Herald
May I call you Miko? I'd like to call you some other things, as I'm sure the Dolphins organization would, but for the sake of decorum we'll stick with Miko. I wonder how it feels to be a wife who publicly embarrasses her prominent husband (cornerback Brent Grimes) and in doing so also embarrasses the employer who is paying said husband rather lavishly?
Miko, you are the loose cannon in the Dolphins family. I'd liken you to the slightly deranged aunt who the rest of the family is afraid to invite to the reunion for fear of what she'll say or do. Your latest public affront was to slam quarterback Ryan Tannehill and also several local writers who cover the Dolphins fulltime. I would call what you did unprofessional, but that would suggest you are a professional or have a profession beyond shaming your husband and the Dolphins.
He's right. If they had any spine, he'd be gone, conduct detrimental to the team.
But they seemingly have no spine.
"resnor wrote:
He's right. If they had any spine, he'd be gone, conduct detrimental to the team.
But they seemingly have no spine.
Pretty hard to discipline the player for the actions of his wife. The NFLPA would be all over that one...
Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
If you guys stop paying attention to her, she'll go away.
If you stop clicking links that talk about her, then the reporters won't talk about her and she goes away.
You're complaining about the monster in the basement all while sending food to it.
Yeah, but Grimes should be disciplining his wife... My guess is that Grimes is a goner next year, or the FO wil take it out of his ass in reduced salary, more than they would have otherwise.
"Fin D wrote:
If you guys stop paying attention to her, she'll go away.
If you stop clicking links that talk about her, then the reporters won't talk about her and she goes away.
You're complaining about the monster in the basement all while sending food to it.
Disagree Fin. Miami HAS done exactly what you suggest. They have ignored the problem. This has resulted in the problem becoming much worse. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. I agree with the open letter. The Dolphins should be strongly refuting what she has said, and Grimes should be apologizing for his wife's behavior.
"jim1 wrote:
Yeah, but Grimes should be disciplining his wife... My guess is that Grimes is a goner next year, or the FO wil take it out of his ass in reduced salary, more than they would have otherwise.
A. Disciplining his wife??!?!??!?! This isn't the 1950's.
B. I'm talking about what we can do. We have no power of Grimes, Miko, or the team. We can however stop feeding the beast...and just stop helping her and stories about her trend.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
Disagree Fin. Miami HAS done exactly what you suggest. They have ignored the problem. This has resulted in the problem becoming much worse. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. I agree with the open letter. The Dolphins should be strongly refuting what she has said, and Grimes should be apologizing for his wife's behavior.
Who said anything about the team?
I said the fans and the media. They have NOT ignored her.
Furthermore, you have no idea what the team has done to try and quiet her.
The team can tell him to shut his wife up or get the f*** out. She runs her mouth, both of them get sent packing out of the family. Simple.
"jim1 wrote:
The team can tell him to shut his wife up or get the f*** out. She runs her mouth, both of them get sent packing out of the family. Simple.
What's he supposed to do to keep her quiet exactly and why in the hairy hell would he have more loyalty with a team over his wife?
"brandon27 wrote:
Pretty hard to discipline the player for the actions of his wife. The NFLPA would be all over that one...
Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
She's not just his wife, though. She's his agent, right? Brent should hire a different agent. The fact is, I would imagine that Brent, on some level, she's with this garbage she spews. Otherwise, why keep an agent who is actively destroying your ability to earn in your profession?
If be interested to see how a conduct detrimental to the team played out.
"resnor wrote:
She's not just his wife, though. She's his agent, right? Brent should hire a different agent. The fact is, I would imagine that Brent, on some level, she's with this garbage she spews. Otherwise, why keep an agent who is actively destroying your ability to earn in your profession?
If be interested to see how a conduct detrimental to the team played out.
No. Condon is.
"Fin D wrote:
No. Condon is.
Well, that's good, I guess. Thanks for the correction.
"resnor wrote:
Well, that's good, I guess. Thanks for the correction.
I think she's his business manager, or something like that.
"Fin D wrote:
A. Disciplining his wife??!?!??!?! This isn't the 1950's.
B. I'm talking about what we can do. We have no power of Grimes, Miko, or the team. We can however stop feeding the beast...and just stop helping her and stories about her trend.
Yes, as in telling the worthless ***** to shut the **** up.
"Fin D wrote:
Wow.
You know what wow is? That skank writing in social media that Tannehill is dropping jizz in the mouths of south Florida sports writers that her husband has to deal with in his work. That's a wow.
"jim1 wrote:
You know what wow is? That skank writing in social media that Tannehill is dropping jizz in the mouths of south Florida sports writers that her husband has to deal with in his work. That's a wow.
No, what's wow is that you think Grimes should have more loyalty to a football franchise that will drop him first chance it gets over the woman he married and loves. What's also wow is your flagrant disregard for women in general, apparent by your language and suggested actions that a husband can discipline his wife as if he was in charge of her.
As I said, its not the 50's. Women are equal and this is America. She can speak her mind, even if its repugnant.
And if you want her to stop, then quit clicking links about/or from her.
Yes, she can speak her mind. But as with any freedom of speech issue, there is often consequences.
How much loyalty is Miko showing to Brent when she's running her mouth, affecting his chances of earning money in the league?
"resnor wrote:
Yes, she can speak her mind. But as with any freedom of speech issue, there is often consequences.
How much loyalty is Miko showing to Brent when she's running her mouth, affecting his chances of earning money in the league?
I'm not saying there should be no consequences or anything of the sort.
All I'm saying is that:
- if you, as a fan, want her to go away, then stop clicking links about her.
- A husband doesn't have a right to discipline his wife or vice versa. They can talk it through or leave each other or get help.
- If Brent was playing at the top of his game, then no team is gonna not pay him because of Miko.
"resnor wrote:
Yes, she can speak her mind. But as with any freedom of speech issue, there is often consequences.
How much loyalty is Miko showing to Brent when she's running her mouth, affecting his chances of earning money in the league?
Based on the CBA there should be no consequences for Brent based on what his wife says.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Fin D wrote:
Wow.
Only speaking for myself here, but my opinion on the matter is not an opinion of a husband "putting his wife in her place" or any nonsense like that. I think any spouse, whether the husband or wife, should have a reasonable expectation that their spouse will not humiliate them or embarrass them in their workplace. And if that happens and continues to happen either the spouse being embarrassed should address it or he/she should expect to no longer be employed by the offended organization.
You're right, we as fans could and probably should ignore it. But it's like asking someone not to stare at a roaring dumpster fire or train wreck. It really is extremely embarrassing as a fan that the team we love is being lampooned by an epic she hag publicly. And her husband, as a prominent athlete on the team we love so much has done nothing to refute what she is saying. I think that's what rubs me the wrong way. If he just said, "Her views aren't mine, and I've asked her to stop." I don't think this would bother me that much. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
Only speaking for myself here, but my opinion on the matter is not an opinion of a husband "putting his wife in her place" or any nonsense like that. I think any spouse, whether the husband or wife, should have a reasonable expectation that their spouse will not humiliate them or embarrass them in their workplace. And if that happens and continues to happen either the spouse being embarrassed should address it or he/she should expect to no longer be employed by the offended organization.
You're right, we as fans could and probably should ignore it. But it's like asking someone not to stare at a roaring dumpster fire or train wreck. It really is extremely embarrassing as a fan that the team we love is being lampooned by an epic she hag publicly. And her husband, as a prominent athlete on the team we love so much has done nothing to refute what she is saying. I think that's what rubs me the wrong way. If he just said, "Her views aren't mine, and I've asked her to stop." I don't think this would bother me that much. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it.
Bingo.
"MonstBlitz wrote:
Only speaking for myself here, but my opinion on the matter is not an opinion of a husband "putting his wife in her place" or any nonsense like that. I think any spouse, whether the husband or wife, should have a reasonable expectation that their spouse will not humiliate them or embarrass them in their workplace. And if that happens and continues to happen either the spouse being embarrassed should address it or he/she should expect to no longer be employed by the offended organization.
You're right, we as fans could and probably should ignore it. But it's like asking someone not to stare at a roaring dumpster fire or train wreck. It really is extremely embarrassing as a fan that the team we love is being lampooned by an epic she hag publicly. And her husband, as a prominent athlete on the team we love so much has done nothing to refute what she is saying. I think that's what rubs me the wrong way. If he just said, "Her views aren't mine, and I've asked her to stop." I don't think this would bother me that much. Maybe he has, but I haven't seen it.
He has courses of action to take. None of them involve disciplining her though. The other issue is none of us know if he has or hasn't done anything about it or if the team has.
Also, maybe he's not embarrassed. Maybe he loves the fact that his wife is her own person. Or maybe not. I don't know, but considering whatever team he's with will drop him like a bad habit as soon as they want then I see no reason giving them more loyalty then he gives his wife. She'll likely be there long after football isn't.
Also, she's trying to make a name for herself. She obviously wants to be in entertainment and becoming a polarizing figure is way to do that in this day and age. Again, Grimes will be done with football by the time he's 40. That's a lot of life yet.
Also, she clearly has the right idea how to break into the entertainment industry, as you know you should stop paying attention to her but apparently, you just can't.
"jim1 wrote:
Yeah, let's equate a message board with what Miko Grimes has said in public about the team and the hand that feeds her. Brilliant.
This forum is public.
"Fin D wrote:
No, what's wow is that you think Grimes should have more loyalty to a football franchise that will drop him first chance it gets over the woman he married and loves. What's also wow is your flagrant disregard for women in general, apparent by your language and suggested actions that a husband can discipline his wife as if he was in charge of her.
As I said, its not the 50's. Women are equal and this is America. She can speak her mind, even if its repugnant.
And if you want her to stop, then quit clicking links about/or from her.
He owes the Dolphins no loyalties.
She, should not be endangering her husband's career though. She's the one disrespecting Grimes every single time she does this. When his skills decline to the point he's no longer great but normally could still get a job, her past behavior will prevent a team from signing him.
I've never clicked a story about her. But you think a fan boycott would muzzle her? You're not being realistic.