An Outsiders view..

96 replies

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:30 PM

Well, as much as it pains me I gotta agree with the Jets fans here. After this season, Dolphins fans are delusional if they think Henne is better than Sanchez. Give Sanchez some credit where it is due. He won the Jets a couple of games in the 4th quarter this year, I don't care how bad the teams were that he beat. He's far from an elite QB, but as of right now I'd say the Jets at least have a QB they can win some games with.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:31 PM

"resnor wrote:

Because some silly Jets fan claimed that Sanchez has essentially taken the Jets to the playoffs on his back the last two seasons. Last year, he was a huge liability. This year, he had Holmes taking 10 yards slants, and turning them into 50 yard game winning tds.


I must have missed that post.

sent from my EVO 4G

-Ed-

MarinePhinFanMarinePhinFanNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:32 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

Well, as much as it pains me I gotta agree with the Jets fans here. After this season, Dolphins fans are delusional if they think Henne is better than Sanchez. Give Sanchez some credit where it is due. He won the Jets a couple of games in the 4th quarter this year, I don't care how bad the teams were that he beat. He's far from an elite QB, but as of right now I'd say the Jets at least have a QB they can win some games with.

Correction, they had some good luck and a few players who can win with a QB like Sanchez.

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:32 PM

Its the people who live in glass houses....thing

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:33 PM

Like I said, HOLMES won some games in the fourth. Sanchez wasn't throwing 50 yard td bombs to win games. He threw slants to Holmes, and he did all the work.

If Sanchez were on the dolphins, and Henne on the Jets, we'd still be having this same argument.

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:34 PM

"MarinePhinFan wrote:

Correction, they had some good luck and a few players who can win with a QB like Sanchez.

I agree, at this time he is not much more than a game manager. Lets see how he fares on Sunday.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:34 PM

"MarinePhinFan wrote:

Correction, they had some good luck and a few players who can win with a QB like Sanchez.

Whether you want to face it or not, if Henne had won some games the way Sanchez did this year we would all be singing his praises. Hell, some of us still do even after the dog **** campain he had this year.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:35 PM

"resnor wrote:

Like I said, HOLMES won some games in the fourth. Sanchez wasn't throwing 50 yard td bombs to win games. He threw slants to Holmes, and he did all the work.

If Sanchez were on the dolphins, and Henne on the Jets, we'd still be having this same argument.


Go watch the Houston game.

sent from my EVO 4G

-Ed-

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:36 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

I must have missed that post.

sent from my EVO 4G

Here you go:

"GreenMachine wrote:

That's it..Give up on a second year QB. Give up on a guy with nothing but an upside. How many QBs do you know that got their team to the playoffs in his rookie and Sophomore year?

Giving all the credit to Sanchez. Silly.

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:36 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Go watch the Houston game.

sent from my EVO 4G

Houston, the one that had the 32nd ranked pass D? Really? I prefer to watch the game at NE. I am not saying he is not better than Henne, but if he is its not by a heck of a lot. Not now anyway.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:37 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Go watch the Houston game.

sent from my EVO 4G


How about the other two games? Was the Houston game the one where Jason Allen was about five yards under the receiver, and the safety didn't come over to help? That pass? I could have made that pass.

Jan 4, 2011, 04:38 PM

(why are the Dolphins afraid of doing this?)

because it makes logical sense, and we love to do the opposite.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

PS17PS17New Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:38 PM

resnor...

I don't wanna get banned, so I'll hold my tongue on your comments.

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:39 PM

Didn't Roethlisberger go 15-1 as a rookie? Come on, the Jets are where they are because of their D and LT running the ball so well early on.

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:40 PM

"PS17 wrote:

Come on now. Henne has regressed while Sanchez has improved, however slightly. One franchise is trending upward with the other is trending downward. Just facts my dude. I'm hardly ready to anoint Sanchez, by the way. I think he is developing at an okay rate and you'll see big strides next season. He avoided the dreaded "sophomore slump," which has to account for something. But I digress...

This thread isn't about the Jets.


Sanchez hasn't improved. Check his QB Rating. He's roughly the same QB. He has a lot more attempts, which means bigger numbers, but overall it's hard to say he's improved. Henne has definitely regressed. Hard to say if that's all on him or the coaching staff. His confidence is definitely shot.

BTW, Henne is 3-1 against Sanchez in his career. So, he's got that.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:40 PM

"PS17 wrote:

resnor...

I don't wanna get banned, so I'll hold my tongue on your comments.

Then explain to me, how NYJ plans on A) beating Indi on the road and B) IF they win how they match up against a rested and motivated Patriots team

I am sure this can be explained w/o banishment risk.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:44 PM

We're so crappy Pats fans don't even care about us anymore. Shoot me now.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:45 PM

I think it's maybe safe to agree that neither Henne nor Sanchez are great QBs at this stage. Unfortunately for us, Sanchez still has a starting job in the NFL. Henne likely does not. Sanchez is also playing bonus football right now, and when a QB gets his team to the playoffs, I don't care how it happened, he must have done some things right.

I hate defending the Jets and their team. But at some point we need to stop making excuses and realize that it's not just luck. Right now the Jets are a better team than Miami. Plus every time I say nice things about the Jets, bad stuff happens to them. So here's hoping Indie throttles them this weekend!

AuburnAuburnNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:45 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

We're so crappy Pats fans don't even care about us anymore. Shoot me now.

LOL ~ they have their hands full with Pitt, Balt and the Jets. And Indi.

Sucks that we aren't relevant.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Jan 4, 2011, 04:47 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

We're so crappy Pats fans don't even care about us anymore. Shoot me now.

Now we know how the Bills feel...:pity:

PS17PS17New Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:47 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

Sanchez hasn't improved. He's roughly the same QB. He has a lot more attempts, which means bigger numbers, but overall it's hard to say he's improved. Henne has definitely regressed. Hard to say if that's all on him or the coaching staff. His confidence is definitely shot.

BTW, Henne is 3-1 against Sanchez in his career. So, he's got that.

It depends on how you look at it with regard to Sanchez's improvement. Obviously, as a Jets fan, I'm going to look at the improvement in areas such as TD-INT ratio and the clutch play at the end of games. The fact that he did not regress his sophomore year in the league is improvement alone. I don't like using it as an excuse, but Brian Schottenheimer finally got his head out of his ass later in the year (ie. Pit, Chicago games) and started tailoring the offensive gameplan to Sanchez's strengths. He mixed it up on first down instead of always running it (Jets had highest 1st down run% in the league), and started calling for more quick, easy passes, instead of bombs and low percentage passes for the whole game. He needs to improve his completion percentage though, big time. And that is one of the more important QB statistics.

"Auburn wrote:

Then explain to me, how NYJ plans on A) beating Indi on the road and B) IF they win how they match up against a rested and motivated Patriots team

I am sure this can be explained w/o banishment risk.


Keep the ball away from Peyton by pounding Shonn Greene and having Sanchez put the ball in the hands of his playmakers. Quick passes to Edwards and Holmes. The Indy secondary is trash. Quick passes render Freeney and Mathis almost useless. And with the way Ferguson is playing this year, Freeney won't do much of anything anyway. New England, that's another story. I don't think anyone is beating them.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 04:50 PM

"Auburn wrote:

You can replace "Henne" with "Sanchez" in that sentence....and Miami with "New York".


I love when we bash other teams QB's, but the fact is one has his team in the playoffs and the other does not.

And I think everyone of us would rather be in the playoffs.

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:50 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

Mcdaniels, Noland and Marshall reunited.....not going to happen.

Yeah anyone that mentions McDaniels coming here, well that is ludicrous. McDaniels shipped Marshall to Miami for draft picks, then he is going to come here and coach him even more closely than at Denver ? :lol: As Keyshawn Johnson says, "C'mon man !"

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Jan 4, 2011, 04:52 PM

"muscle979 wrote:

We're so crappy Pats fans don't even care about us anymore. Shoot me now.

It's sad but that is the state of our franchise now. :tantrum:

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Jan 4, 2011, 04:52 PM

"Auburn wrote:

This is why I love the Jets fans. You give Henne, Santonio Holmes, Cotchery and Braylon Edwards and see how does. Even with all those weapons the Jets lost 10-6 to us and 45-3 to NE. Good luck vs. Indi, where Freeney and Mathis will eat the Sanchize alive. Jets talk a lot of bravado for a team that has accomplished absolutely nothing.


I would rather have Marshall, Bess and Hartline, although Holmes with his speed would be appealing.