1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And so, it's been a year...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Such' started by Celtkin, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    A year ago today, the foundations were laid for the creation of ThePhins.com. Since then, we have grown to be the second largest Miami Dolphins fan site and the fastest growing Miami Dolphins fan site on the planet. We have you to thank for what we have become.

This site began with a goal to create a Miami Dolphins site that was built with a strong sense of community -- a virtual family that would be unmatched in the virtual world. We have done that and we have you to thank.

We believed that if we put the fans first and provided a home for people who shared our ideals - that fans can communicate with one another in a civil manner, even if they disagree, that we would find an audience.

From the beginning, we cared more about quality than quantity. Forums are successful because of the people who make a home there and because of the members who give their time to keep the details in order. Because of this philosophy, our numbers have grown and we have been blessed beyond our wildest dreams.

For all these these, we have you to thank.

Please join me in thanking those who call this place home and to all of those members who have given unselfishly of their time and money to help keep this dream a reality.

George, the staff and I are truly humbled by what you helped create and sustain.

Thank you.

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    woot!!!!!!! been amazing....heres to many more years to come!

njfinfan and Celtkin like this.
  3. peastri

peastri iD'Artiste Luxury Box

Mar 25, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Congrats guys and gals! It's been an incredible first year, no to mention a fast one. Here's to many, many more :ffic:

4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Its been an amazing year! This site has come a long way! its great to see how far it came!

Celtkin and njfinfan like this.
  5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Yes it has JT! Now the next order of business is for you to get rid of that huge Yankee sig. :up:

:tongue2:

peastri and Jt0323 like this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    All I can say you all make the family what it is, and continues to be.:up: I look forward to meeting as many of the family as I can in person.:hi5: This has been a tough year for me personally, and I wanted to say thank you for your support, thoughts and prayers. Much love and appreciation.

Celtkin and late again like this.
  7. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    That we are the 2nd largest Dolphin fan site and the fastest growing is in a sense amazing. It's certainly counter to the popular thought as to what people want out of a message board forum.
    You look around and most are full of rude behavior. It's either encouraged or at best ignored and/or excused. I mean honestly, this is probably the most polite message board one will ever visit. And I say this as a positive. I don't want to get online and argue and vent and otherwise take out my frustrations on some anonymous and unsuspecting individual. Nor do I like to witness someone else doing it.
    So thank you for that. I've never regretted the decision to hitch my wagon to yours when you made that mass exodus.

Celtkin, njfinfan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  8. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Thanks for the great year everybody. I know there will be many more to come.

Celtkin and Fin Fan In Cali like this.