Andra Davis Cut

36 replies

Abbi NormalAbbi NormalNew MemberOP
Mar 11, 2010, 06:07 PM

Josina Anderson of Fox 31 KDVR in Denver reports the Broncos have released ILB Andra Davis. The Denver Post confirms.

The move is a surprise as the 31-year-old had a fine first season in Denver, exceeding expectations with 90 tackles and 3.5 sacks as a key figure in the team's surprising 6-0 start.

There not very happy over in Bronco land. They felt he was one of their best defensemen. Nolan connection .....and probably could come at a reasonable Dolphin price...

Move over Crowder.....Torbor who ?

PhinsRDbestPhinsRDbestForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 06:16 PM

Would add good depth and compete with Crowder to start.

Abbi NormalAbbi NormalNew Member
Mar 11, 2010, 06:19 PM

forgot him already, Torbor too

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Mar 11, 2010, 06:23 PM

I'm pretty sure his name is either Reggie, or Creighton.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 06:45 PM

I doubt he signs with us for a SHOT at being the #2 ILB. He will land somewhere with a guarantee to start. He is too good.

JMORGAN6977JMORGAN6977New Member
Mar 11, 2010, 07:11 PM

PLEASE TRADE CROWDER TO DENVER!!!

Crowder Ginn and a late round for Marshall

then of course sign davis and draft Mcclain

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 07:14 PM

getting released for good reason.
Don't want him.We can...
....and will do better before the season starts.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 07:16 PM

"Slowmotion wrote:

Release Torbie fully loaded, move Dansby outside, keep Crowder, Davis becomes starting ILB, Taylor and Wake pick up WOLB duties.

yeah, im sure dansby will be thrilled that he is being moved to a new position one week after signing a deal to be the highest paid ILB in the NFL. and all because Andra Davis is released. :lol: oh, and JT isnt a Dolphin.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 07:44 PM

"JMORGAN6977 wrote:

PLEASE TRADE CROWDER TO DENVER!!!

Crowder Ginn and a late round for Marshall

then of course sign davis and draft Mcclain

Think before you type.:up:

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 08:24 PM

I'm sure the FO will do their due diligence and give the matter the attention it deserves. Factor in the Nolan connection, add I'd say there's a good chance they pursue him. Assuming of course he fits the scheme, and isn't on Nolan's s**t list for some unknown reason.

On a side note, I don't know that much about him. But, if he's an upgrade on CC, and it might mean showing CC the door...I'm all for it!

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Mar 11, 2010, 08:29 PM

"JMORGAN6977 wrote:

PLEASE TRADE CROWDER TO DENVER!!!

Crowder Ginn and a late round for Marshall

then of course sign davis and draft Mcclain

and then we trade a conditional 6th round pick for Peyton Manning!

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 08:39 PM

If Nolan loves this guy, we'll sign him. The End.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 08:55 PM

"JMORGAN6977 wrote:

PLEASE TRADE CROWDER TO DENVER!!!

Crowder Ginn and a late round for Marshall

then of course sign davis and draft Mcclain

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Mar 11, 2010, 09:19 PM

"pigskinguy wrote:

Think before you type.:up:

THIS is one of the best posts of the day :yes:

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 09:45 PM

If Crowder can net us a 5th rounder or higher I'd ship him out and sign Davis tomorrow.

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
Mar 11, 2010, 09:55 PM

I'd like to see him signed for ILB depth, but he probably wants to start. If Nolan likes him, maybe move Dansby to OLB?

I'd love to see JT re-signed and used mostly as a pass rush specialist along with Wake. Let Dansby man one OLB spot, but who would start at the other? I guess JT would be the best option right now. On passing downs Crowder or Andre can leave the field, Dansby goes to ILB, and Wake comes in at OLB.

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

JajJajNew Member
Mar 11, 2010, 11:55 PM

If it weren't for the fact that he performed so well for Nolan I'd say they'd ignore him and go with Crowder. They'll give him a look to be certain since he is an improvement although he's the same in coverage. A three man rotation at LB doesn't hurt though especially if Folsom becomes the 4th guy as the coverage LB.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 12, 2010, 12:19 AM

We should sign this guy ASAP. Considering Crowder's knees aren't the best, it would be foolish to not jump at the chance to add another ILB, especially a good one, into the mix. What is wrong with Davis and Crowder competing for one spot? Competition brings out the best. And, if both play great, Dansby can play SAM equally as well as he can play inside. He is more experienced at SAM too.

The only reason to not sign Davis would be if we have 8 LBers already who are decidedly better. I think everyone knows the answer to that.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

mrozmrozSupporter
Mar 12, 2010, 01:49 PM

Andra Davis cut by Broncos

"In what may be the Broncos' most stunning transaction of the offseason, the team released inside linebacker Andra Davis today.
The Broncos also released defensive tackle J'Vonne Parker.
Davis, 31, started 13 of 16 games at the strongside inside linebacker position while helping the Broncos make the conversion from the 4-3 to 3-4 defensive system. He had 90 tackles."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_14656709

Only mention this because he played for Nolan last season and he appeared to have a solid season.

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

corbyonscorbyonsNew Member
Mar 12, 2010, 01:54 PM

I thought maybe when I first heard of his release because of the relationship with Nolan, but I think he would like to go somewhere where he would start unless we a getting rid of someone else.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Mar 12, 2010, 01:56 PM

wHaT?! That's unbelievable.............! When can we get him in to talk to the "Tuna Team"?

bakedmattbakedmattNew Member
Mar 12, 2010, 01:58 PM

I agree. This could be a good signing, because of his familiarity with Nolan. I also don't see why Dansby would be opposed to playing SOLB.

@matthewfpepin

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Mar 12, 2010, 02:04 PM

merge.

corbyonscorbyonsNew Member
Mar 12, 2010, 02:09 PM

"bakedmatt wrote:

I agree. This could be a good signing, because of his familiarity with Nolan. I also don't see why Dansby would be opposed to playing SOLB.

The question I have with that is not if Dansby would be opposed to moving outside but if we are not better with Chrowder and Dansby inside along with Wake/Taylor outside with one of draft picks at the other OLB.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Mar 12, 2010, 02:20 PM

Great balls of fire.......get him in the door and sit him down for a Dolphin chat!