1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andre Goodman on Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...it-to-cover-new-dolphins-wr-brandon-marshall/

Mostly what we already know. I do like, however, that Goodman mentions that Marshall will appreciate Henne. It kind of intimates that Brandon hasn't always had the strong armed QB (Orton..cough!). To a receiver who's biggest asset is his run after the catch ability, having the ball delivered as quickly as possible makes all the difference...Ahhh, symbiotic relationships are always the best.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't know if that's what Andre was implying. And actually I think that timing and ball placement are a LOT more important for RAC players than the speed of the ball. Chad Pennington was a perfect QB for RAC players because no ball is easier to catch than a Chad Pennington ball, and so players could secure it more quickly and focus on turning up the field. Velocity isn't as relevant on RAC throws because those throws cross shorter distances, and therefore the time difference between a Jamarcus Russell throw and a Chad Pennington throw over such a short distance is minimized. That's just simple math.

What Henne brings to the table, rather, is the ability to threaten a defense in every quarter of the field, at any depth, and in theory this should help receivers to get looser coverage, to get guys guessing wrong, and to be in more situations where they just have to beat their guy.

3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Nah, I remember those passes from Pennington that were on target but a day late and a dollar short. Of course, timing could theoretically negate the velocity argument, but I just don't buy it. Ideally, Henne could provide the best of both worlds. However, I think your point is custom made for a QB like Montana. Whereas, Elway would seemingly validate mine...

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I do believe that the trajectory and velocity of a henne pass can make a difference, and in a game of inches, you never know, I do know the quicker that ball can get into the hands of Marshall on a quick hitch, the better....I believe we have found 4 receivers That can handle it...and got rid of the other, that couldn't.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If Orton could connect with Marshall for 100 catches, I just have to believe Henne will exceed that. I think Marshall's supporting cast: Hartline, Bess, Cammy, will be vastly superior to the cast he had in Denver and I expect to see a huge Welker-like year from Bess in particular, just due to Marshall's presence.

We should be abe to run the ball even better this season with Ronnie healthy (all year please) and a bigger, meaner and more experienced OL. I think we become instantly far more balanced between run and pass due to having Marshall and how opposing defenses will have to respect him, opening up the running game and lanes for our other WR's and TE's.

This will be the most fun season to watch since 08, and should be even better than that turnaround. If Nolan gets our defense up like he did for Denver last season, look out league! :up: