1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy Cohen article

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ohio Fanatic, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Say what you want, but Brian Hartline is justifying his contract IMO. Guy is playing his heart out. Even with his new contract, we are getting good value with the guy. Combine that with Clay's performance and what we were getting out of Gibson before the injury, I'm pretty happy. Wallace obviously isn't living up to his salary yet, but as the offensive line hopefully keep improving (with some offseason upgrades) Wallace will keep making more impact.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/andy-cohen-a-terrific-win-dolphins-may-have-found-another-gear?_ga=1.96364252.1962209265.1370520543

LandShark13 and MrClean like this.
  2. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Reading Andy Cohen is like listening to an old lady talk about her grandchildren lol

3. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    given how people complain about the Miami beat writers, I think Cohen and occasionally Darlington help balance it out.

xphinfanx and maynard like this.
  4. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    There are so many young receivers we passed on in the draft that could be doing what Hartline is doing (or even more) at a fraction of his price. He doesn't make enough plays or have as big of an impact on coverage schemes to justify that salary.

5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Yeah, sometimes a message from the Ministry of Information is needed

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Hartline has been a very good signing. He's top 20 in receptions and has about a 68% first down percentage. He's been that security blanket for RT as he excels at what is arguably RT's best throw. Basically those were the things he was signed to do. On top of that he's improved his TDs from the last few years.

toto and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I was reading Andy when you were still crapping in your diapers.

8. MrClean

There weren't many receivers in the last draft who could have made that TD catch he made against Pitt. That was Raymond Berry like.

9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not sure what that means? Based on some of the threads that may have been as recent as this week.

10. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I think you are over-embellishing to keep with your agenda. Yes, there are always a couple of WRs drafted every year that outplay many veterans. only a couple of teams get to draft those players. Looking at the stats, of the 20 or so WRs ranked ahead of Hartline in yardage, almost all of them have big contracts. The exceptions are Alshon Jeffries, Keenan Allen and Michael Floyd and TY Hilton. only Jeffries has more TDs (6 vs 5) in that group.

We locked up Hartline with a mid-size contract and he's producing.

gunn34, GMJohnson and toto like this.
  11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Are you my grandma?

12. MrClean

LOL. Rafael it's good to see you have a sense of humor sometimes. :up:

xphinfanx and rafael like this.
  13. MrClean

I dunno. did your grandma hold ya up by one leg and hose you off with the garden hose when you shat yourself?

14. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Oh. No, that was FinD

15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Ok that's funny. :lol:

16. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    It kills you to even think the GM did something right.

xphinfanx, ElNino and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    A little back-handed compliment there. LOL But I get that I'm more reserved online. In person I'm generally considered a smart-*ss with no filter. Online I tend to think before I post and more often err on the side of trying not to offend or insult. But everybody insults Maynard, so I figured that was okay. :wink2:

DOLPHAN1, djphinfan and MrClean like this.
  18. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    He's been incredibly unappreciated my many the past 2 seasons. He has been the main bright spot from the 2009 draft class.

19. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Here I was thinking they were kidding

20. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I've always thought he was like the Kiss of Death. It seemed practically every time the Dolphins would do some good things for a few weeks, he'd write an article in Dolphins Digest gushing about the team's potential. Almost Inevitably the team would then go into the crapper.

maynard likes this.
  21. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Slightly off topic but since you brought up clay I've been wondering what type of money clay will demand if he keeps playing like this and if that will provide problems with the salary cap.
    Clay deserves to be paid well if he keeps playing like he's been playing, but I guarentee you we didn't expect to pay him much long term since he was our plan b going onto this year and we paid for Dustin Keller. Just something to think about imo