1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy Cohen: So Many Options Available To Upgrade Team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jan 29, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol

2. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Although it was a tad bit unorganized I appreciate it the props on the points!

But sadly, I agree with you. I think people are getting far too caught up in the POTENTIAL we have this off-season and are expecting miracles, which is foolish especially with Ireland at the helm.

They view a 2nd round pick as an automatic upgrade. They view a free agent signing as an automatic upgrade. The problem? They are simply ignoring their history. Now, recent history I like. Ireland hit more than he missed, and I really like how our guys are progressing. The negative? It's just not possible that all of those players continue their upwards trend.

Remember Donald Thomas? He looked like a steal and a stud. Then he was injured and poof we have another hole to fill.

If we can walk away this off-season with #1 FA WR, quality value at WR/DE/OL, and we show progress from guys like Egnew, Clay, Vernon and John Jerry... then man we might have something cooking.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Agree Ireland is trending upward since Parcells' departure with his draft picks. Not terrifyingly impressed with Ireland's FA signings, but the third key to that formula has to be the Philbin staff coaching these guys. That's how the Pats hit on so many low draft picks and take a "mediocre" Wes Welker and turn him into a likely HOFer. I think you combine that with consistency (keep Philbin/Sherman/Coyle/QBC/STC/Strength Trainer/et al around long enough for one offense and one defense to become 2nd nature to ALL the players). For 12 years we have not had those four pieces in place nor the talent to perform on BOTH sides of the ball.

Starts with Ross, I really believe he is going to be a great owner, because he really cares and has the $$ to back that up. Then Ireland has to sign the right FA's, draft the right players, fill ALL the holes, and Philbin & staff must develop those players, develop the consistency, and voila: playoff team! (I just wish it were this simple, though I really believe it is, shows how little I really know).