1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy Kaufman: Dead or Alive?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jt0323, Sep 18, 2008.

Andy Kaufman is...

1. Dead

81.8%
  2. Alive

18.2%
  1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Do you think that Andy Kaufman could still be alive? I was watching Man on the Moon yesterday and Andy Kaufman is one interesting person...

Andy wrote a screen play before his death about a guy pretending to have lung cancer faking his death, and he died of Lung Cancer. He never smoked so him having lung cancer is rare...Andy's sister found it odd that the doctor who diagnosed Andy with cancer had been wearing tennis shoes. Another argument made was Andy could of faked his death and later on died.

I think Andy is dead but apart of me wont be surprised if he is still alive. IMO saying he is alive is a stronger argument than saying elvis or tupac is alive

2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'd like to think that he has pulled off, at the same time, the greatest hoax and (once he reappears) the greatest performance piece by any artist in any medium EVER.

Jt0323 and unluckyluciano like this.
  3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    is agree, i would love to know what the statue of limitations would be for one faking their death. But i would love to see someone pull this off... Andy Kaufman was really misunderstood and was one of the most genius comics ever

4. Baxter

Baxter Premium Member Luxury Box

I agree with the last part of your post, and would love to see him just kinda show back up one day but I voted dead. The Doctor my wife and I went too when she was having our son always wore Converse Allstars and a suit... he cracked me up.

5. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Loved that movie but doubt hes still alive

6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    A good amount of Doctors wear sneakers, they are on their feet all day and when doing rounds in a hospital your feet take a pounding.

Samphin likes this.
  7. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

He is dead. That was a great movie and Jim Carrey deserved and Oscar (and for the Truman Show as well), but the movie embellsihed some things for the sake of Hollywood.

Andy was one funny S.O.B. though. He had one of those minds that was able to see beyond the instant, literal joke. He very much s would set things up way in advance only to have it pay off with one person sometimes at a later date.

You have to admire someone like that who is dedicated to his craft as much as he was.

opfinistic likes this.