1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another interesting stat...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Through four games, the Dolphins offense has only turned the ball over ONE TIME. And that was an interception on essentially a hail mary. 2007 turnovers through four games? 9. That right there shows you the progress the team has made in one year...as well as how great Chad Pennington is at securing the ball.

The Aqua Crush and GoPhins! like this.
  2. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

fingers crossed:wink2:

3. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Well, twice with the Bess fumble, which is still pretty darn good.. Ill take 1 turnover every 2 games all year long.

4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

Technically that wasn't the offense turning the ball over. But yes even with that Bess turnover, that stat is mind blowing. I hope we can continue to keep the ball and not give momentum back to other teams. We don't have to be flashy, but just steady ball control is so crutial to have a chance to win week in week out.

hugoguzman likes this.
  5. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    This is a tremendous stat, and if we continue to avoid costly turnovers, we will continue to win games.

Moreover, if we can start creating more turnovers on defense, this team will go from a feel-good story to a legitimate contender.

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Oops, I didnt even read the word "offense", my bad, I got a case of the Monday's.

I still like the stat that we havent given up any 4th quarter points while still scoring 24.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Penalties and turnovers are big reasons we lost those close games last year. We'll be a much stronger team if we continue as we have been.

8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

Hey don't worry, there is lots to be happy about today, and well i did the same thing on another thread. Saying we only had one turnover :lol:

And i didn't know that second stat line. That is mind blowing for a team that couldn't stop the run or the pass last year. Who would have thought we would statistically improve after losing Zach and JT. Unreal.