Another Zach Thomas waiting in the draft

17 replies

DaFishDaFishForum VeteranOP
Jan 31, 2017, 10:03 PM

I have watched this guy play and he reminds me of Zach. He is small but, MAN, does he know where the ball is. What do you guys think?

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/01/31/boulware-shows-scouts-what-hes-all-about/

ColmaxColmaxForum Veteran
Jan 31, 2017, 10:18 PM

Personally, I'm not sold on him, esp when he says you can "build a defense around me".

I didn't know anything about him until the championship. He had some flashes. But, iirc, got lost pretty bad or missed tackles on some plays. Also read he was getting owned in coverage at the Sr. Bowl.

I really do not know much about him, but the little that I saw, I wasn't sold. He might be super good?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

~Henry David Thoreau

STStillyStiffForum Veteran
Jan 31, 2017, 11:40 PM

Reminds me of the redneck linebacker the rock represents on "Ballers"

thetylernatorthetylernatorForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 12:15 AM

I like him, and I think he will be a fine linebacker someday, but if his frame can support it, I'd like to see him find at least 10 more pounds.

I'm still all in on Florida's Jarrad Davis. So many similarities to Luke Kuechley, it's astounding. His sheer athleticism is going to be on show at the Combine, but I believe it's his brilliance in the film room and leadership in the locker room that is going to set him apart. He's the kind of guy you want "quarterbacking" your defense.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Feb 1, 2017, 06:44 AM

Is he a scrappy hard-nosed guy with a high-motor?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

invidinvidSupporter
Feb 1, 2017, 06:53 AM

"MikeHoncho wrote:

Is he a scrappy hard-nosed guy with a high-motor?

Yep. He's a white guy.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 08:26 AM

"thetylernator wrote:

I like him, and I think he will be a fine linebacker someday, but if his frame can support it, I'd like to see him find at least 10 more pounds.

I'm still all in on Florida's Jarrad Davis. So many similarities to Luke Kuechley, it's astounding. His sheer athleticism is going to be on show at the Combine, but I believe it's his brilliance in the film room and leadership in the locker room that is going to set him apart. He's the kind of guy you want "quarterbacking" your defense.

Is the the guy that was injured quite a bit?

Lord help us.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 08:32 AM

"thetylernator wrote:

I like him, and I think he will be a fine linebacker someday, but if his frame can support it, I'd like to see him find at least 10 more pounds.

I'm still all in on Florida's Jarrad Davis. So many similarities to Luke Kuechley, it's astounding. His sheer athleticism is going to be on show at the Combine, but I believe it's his brilliance in the film room and leadership in the locker room that is going to set him apart. He's the kind of guy you want "quarterbacking" your defense.

I like the film on Davis. He HITS people. I like what I see of him tackling wise compared to Cunningham. However, I would be slightly concerned with injury

Lord help us.

FinsterFinsterNew Member
Feb 1, 2017, 10:21 AM

"dolphin25 wrote:

Is the the guy that was injured quite a bit?

Yes, he's missed time in each of the last 3 seasons since becoming a starter, and that's vs college comp.

Great player, but seems frail.

NolePhin15NolePhin15New Member
Feb 1, 2017, 11:05 AM

Pass. Too slow.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 11:58 AM

"Finster wrote:

Yes, he's missed time in each of the last 3 seasons since becoming a starter, and that's vs college comp.

Great player, but seems frail.

guess that moves me back to Cunningham :)

Lord help us.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 02:32 PM

"NolePhin15 wrote:

Pass. Too slow.

"Sounds familiar" -- Zach Thomas

ripper1961ripper1961Forum Veteran
Feb 1, 2017, 05:34 PM

Please no more smallish lb's we need a mauler.

NolePhin15NolePhin15New Member
Feb 1, 2017, 06:49 PM

"SICK wrote:

"Sounds familiar" -- Zach Thomas

Maybe. Im literally going off the FSU-Clemson game where Cook made Boulware look like was running on his hands through quicksand

gunn34gunn34New Member
Feb 2, 2017, 10:44 AM

I liked what I saw of Boulware during the Championship game. He was always around the ball. If he's there in the 2nd, I'd take him if he's not the guy you were talking about being injured 3 seasons. If he is that guy, I'd pass.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Feb 2, 2017, 02:22 PM

There has never been, and there will never be...

Another Zach Thomas

Just stop.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Feb 2, 2017, 04:22 PM

"gunn34 wrote:

I liked what I saw of Boulware during the Championship game. He was always around the ball. If he's there in the 2nd, I'd take him if he's not the guy you were talking about being injured 3 seasons. If he is that guy, I'd pass.

I like Boulware quite a bit, but in the 2nd is a huge reach, imo.

FinsterFinsterNew Member
Feb 3, 2017, 04:34 AM

"gunn34 wrote:

I liked what I saw of Boulware during the Championship game. He was always around the ball. If he's there in the 2nd, I'd take him if he's not the guy you were talking about being injured 3 seasons. If he is that guy, I'd pass.

Boulware will be a later round pick, probably 4th or 5th round.