1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anquan Boldin VS Cards OC

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GISH, Jan 18, 2009.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Did anyone else see the argument between Anquan Boldin and the Cardinals offensive coordinator on Arizona's final drive? What was that all about? I think it was Boldin complaining about being used as a decoy, while Fitz steals the show.

Anyone else have info on this?

2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I read the OC lips and I swear he said "Go home, Go home!" Then Boldin said some **** and the OC said "Yeah? Go ahead!"

Could be wrong though.

GISH and gafinfan like this.
  3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I don't think Boldin is full of himself to the extent that he tried to pull a T.O. By the way, the Cards' OC is former Cowboys WR coach Todd Haley, who famously yelled at T.O. for being late to the field after he stopped for a #2. T.O. whined about it to the media, naturally.

Boldin is not T.O.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    lol boldin gets a pass for asking to be traded and now this too?

5. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Ok I have to say it was unprofessional for Boldin to be arguing with any coach on the sidelines, but I think its a huge stretch for anyone to compare him to TO.
    Boldin does not have a history of doing this nor is he a huge distraction in the locker room or throwing his own team mates under the bus in the media. If Boldin still wants to be traded and prefers Miami I would welcome with wide open arms.

6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well a player should never yell at a coach but in the heat of the moment its understandable. Boldin isn't a TO or Chad Johnson type player so I just say its a heat of the moment thing.

7. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It looked to me that Haley was saying "Don't call me that" then he said the "Yeah? Go ahead!"

Seems to have gone from competitive fire and arguing over strategy to the personal side. NOT a good sign IMO.

Good thing is that they have plenty of time to work whatever the issue was leading up to the Super Bowl.

Brown42000, Clark Kent and SICK like this.
  8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Even better: they can win games without heavily involving Boldin. Steve Breaston is more than capable, which is why I think Boldin is expendable on the part of the Cards.

9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    As long as he's not doing pushups for the media in his driveway, getting 15 yard flags, and gathering a mob to go against the OC, I'm ok with Boldin.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Competitive fire or not, your about to go to the super bowl and your yelling at your OC? What? Something about it just doesnt sit right. That said, if he can be picked up via a decent trade Id bite.

11. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    im not advocating we should trade our pick for him but a player of his caliber is worth a 1st, esp a late first. if Roy can go for what Dallas paid for him, I can see at least a 1st for Boldin & maybe more. Nevertheless, i would trade our 2nd in heartbeat for Boldin.

12. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I saw it too but have no idea what it was about. Boldin is such a team guy, during the season, its hard to believe it wasn't warranted in some way by him.:shifty:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    First and foremost, Boldin has been nothing but absolutely Team-oriented and a real Profesional since he signed his contract with the Cards.
    He spoke up about watching Fitz get paid so much, then let it go away, as he should. That is nothing more than posturing for this next years contract extionsion if he should get one (The Cards are absolutely MAXXED at the Cap).

Not sure I would trade away our First or the Second we got from Washington as he has endured many injuries this season, and a bad hammie always seems to go on and on and on, but he is a great "Team guy" and still a very very good WR.

Whatever was said with his OC will be long-forgotten by both guys before Practice resumes Tuesday :up:

gafinfan likes this.
  14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Boldin prolly called him a *****.

15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    http://ballhype.com/story/anquan_boldin_is_a_jackass/

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/18/freeman-calls-boldin-a-jackass/

http://www.sportaphile.com/2009/01/19/its-safe-to-say-anquan-boldin-wont-be-in-arizona-next-season/

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/post/People/Athletes/NFL/Anquan+Boldin/61568926.blog/1

some info on the situation

16. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    no, we have greater needs with that pick than a wr

gafinfan and GISH like this.
  17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    your wide receiver love is well noted.. no way we give up our 25 for a WR.. no way.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i agree. id rather take my chances with tj hoozurmomma in free agency, than give up a 1st.

19. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Boldin is a prima donna Diva that this team would avoid like the plague.I really don't think Bill would take on this head case for free, let alone give up a pick for the cry baby.

padre31 likes this.
  20. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    agreed.

21. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Disagree 100%. WR love just took a very mediocre team in AZ to the Super Bowl. I would trade that 25th pick in a hearteat to get a franchise WR in Boldin. In a heartbeat.. And we would make out like bandits when you compare what Dallas gave up...

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    the cardinals are in the super bowl because of their entire team, not because of their wrs. it wasnt their wrs who stopped michael turner and matt ryan. it wasnt their wrs that stopped the panthers running attack, and steve steve smith. and it wasnt their wrs that caused donovan mcnabb to throw inaccurate passes all night long.

gafinfan, late again and padre31 like this.
  23. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I agreed with you, until I read about his behavior after the game. I have a major problem with that. Your team is out there celebrating their victory that is taking them to the friggin' Super Bowl and you storm off the field because you weren't involved as much as other receivers? That's pathetic and childish IMO. It just shows me that he is all about himself. I was right there with you on the bandwagon to get Boldin in Miami, but I jumped off when I read about that.

I'll be fair and give Boldin a chance to defend himself, but it's not looking good right now. There is nothing I hate more than players who make it about themselves and not the team.

RGF likes this.
  24. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Snifffffff.....ahhhh, the off-season, you can smell it in so many threads!!!

LOL, lets wait and see what takes place with the team and worry about who we sign when we sign them.

anlgp likes this.
  25. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    on a side note, has there been any other QB who has had better weapons to throw to for his entire career like Kurt Warner has had? First he starts out with the Rams and the greatest show on turf. Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk. Then he lands on a team with Larty Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Edgerrin James. This guy has played on some stacked offensive teams!
    Posted via Mobile Device

26. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    peyton manning.
    philip rivers.

27. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008

Peyton didn't have great teams when he came into the league. Other than Harrison he didn't have the other 2 weapons until a few years later.

Rivers has only like 4 years in the league. Besides other than Gates and LT, I'd hardly call his offense stacked. They haven't had a star WR in ages( including Chambers).

Warner has had studs on his offensive teams every season he has played, with maybe the one exeption being that Giants team he played with. But he still had Shockey and Plaxico then I believe.
    Posted via Mobile Device

28. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Jim Kelly had some stacked offenses, Brett Favre for most of his career had a bunch of talent, Peyton Manning (How can you argue against that... Edge, Wayne, Harrison in the past and now Wayne, Clark, Harrison, Gonzalez is getting really good too).

Those guys had talent, but not moreso then KW. However there is one guy who had better, and that is Troy Aikman. Tripplets, great FB and TE, and lastly, greatest O-line EVER.

29. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    how about troy aikman? tony romo? neither put up numbers like warner has.

30. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Troy was on a "run 1st " team.

ahhhh Romo i love watching him play but i won't even try to defend the guy lol

31. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    run first, so what. still stacked, and he got into the hall as a qb.

32. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Talk about knee-jerk reactions. A diva? Really? List his track record.

33. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Nope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no knee-jerk reactions here, the guy is a clown.

34. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

Talk about the proverbial nail on the head.:up:

Theres absolutely no excuse for his actions in a game of that magnitude.

cnc66 and funkdat like this.
  35. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Yes he played with a'lot great players, but his #'s were not as good as other's cuzz he was not asked to pass as much.LOL what are we even talking about here lol i think Warner will be a HOF as well.

36. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    List his track record ,

He started crying about a new deal last summer and his agent has been on the radio saying he's going to be playing for a new team next year when he is not a FA tell 2010....................he got his panties in a wad over his friend getting a new deal.

He is a cry baby lil diva, sorry you don't like that but it's true.

37. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Really? Lets ignore Kurt Warner here. Second most accurate QB in NFL history behind Pennington, with a very good arm and down the field passing. I'll tell you this, the cardinals without Fitz stand a better chance than the Cardinals without Warner IMO. Boldin is acting like a crybaby, and is not as good as Fitzy, but is damn good already.

As for Boldin, mr. injury man and you want to give up our first for a luxury pick. No thanks.

I love WRs, my favorite position. But I know their position is overrated. Knock the QB over and three all-time WRs won't do anything to save you. The team is playing hot right now, Fitzy is having a huge post-season, but overpaying for WR's gets you burnt.

38. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Complained about contract, demanded a trade, complained about touches in a pivotal game, didn't celebrate a super bowl trip with teammates. That last one is enough by itself.

I wonder if the same people giving Boldin a pass gave JT one last year. Hmmm?

cnc66 and funkdat like this.
  39. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    exactly. if it was TO people would be ripping him. but since its boldin its okay or something

Brown42000 and funkdat like this.
  40. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

any person that does anything remotely cancerous in private or public to degrade the team concept would have no place on mine.

IMO the bit about a contract and a trade is part of the business. But it should be handled behind closed doors and not spread out in public. The coaches can decline to comment on it so can players.

The OC thing? Heat of the moment.

The not celebrating with teammates thing? That's kinda what's got me at the moment.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.