1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anquan Boldin

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by dgb11112, Nov 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    I just thought this might be of some interest to everyone. I wouldn't give up a lot though.

Anquan Boldin-WR-Cardinals Nov. 14 - 6:26 pm et

The Cardinals will try much harder to trade Anquan Boldin this spring, according to ESPN's Len Pasquarelli.

Pasquarelli says that "some coaches and team officials are at their breaking point with the seven-year veteran." Boldin was held out of the Week 9 win by the team and wasn't afraid to publicly let the team know about it. Boldin also hasn't been happy with his contract for some time now as he'll make "just" $3 million in 2010.
    Source: ESPN.com

WWW.rotoworld.com

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    He's a very good player, but his salary demands are going to be high and I doubt he will be worth the trouble.

I'd rather go after a D. Bowe in KC than Boldin.

I think Denver will resign B. Marshall, plus he's a idiot, so pass on him.
    Steve Smith (Carolina), too old

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    His price has to be dropping. I would guess that the max they get for him is about a 2nd and a 5th. I'd do it for a 2nd and a 6th depending upon what happens with Marshal and the CBA.

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I might be wrong but i cant see the Big Tuna bothering with him.
    Cardinals have had to much media and it gives back negative to the team as a whole.
    But keshawn Johnson was alot the same on the media.I think Tuna brought him on board.

5. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    I'd like Miami to get him but I doubt it happens.

I also doubt we get Bowe as I doubt KC would give him up cheap enough.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I hate to say no because we desperately need help and the choices are limited but given his health and age, I don't see where he really deserves much more money than what he's being paid.

He's certainly not the 10 mil a year guy he thinks he is.....

Clipse and Stitches like this.
  7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    He is the perfect WR for us. Sparano would give his left nut for a WR that is as talented and physical as Boldin is.

We need a Wr who wants the ball in crunchtime, and has proven he can deliver results. I don't see many options for Miami. If we are serious about adding a playmaker at WR, Boldin needs to be near or at the top of our list. Henne would certainely appreciate it.

8. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    We shouldnt even be having this conversation........Thanks Wanny:pity:

eric likes this.
  9. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah I would like the Dolphins to look into this. It would be great to draft our own receiver but we also need a guy like Boldin. If the price is right they should go and get him.

10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Unless it's for a 4th (maybe a 3rd, maybe) then no thanks. Not worth the money he thinks he's worth, he's 29, injury prone, and somewhat of a cancer. If there's no CBA and the top WR FA's will be UFA's, I'd much rather give up high picks and break the bank for them (Jackson, Marshall, maybe Edwards) than Boldin. I'd only trade for Boldin as a last resort.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I have Marshall #1 on the list and Boldin second.

12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    agreed about marshall. he has to be number one. i have a cluster **** for number 2. boldin is intersting but has negatives. how beat up is he? does he still have the fire?

13. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    We could probably get him at a decent value draft pick wise but really his contract demands are a bit out of line with his age/injury issues. We aren't going to give him a 10 mill a year deal either so I doubt he even wants to come here.

14. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Would rather have Marshall, we should drop the $$$ on him.

15. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    2010 FA Wide receivers

Antonio Bryant is on the franchise tag and has been injury prone. I’m not sure the Bucs actually let him get to the market. Derrick Mason is still a starter at age 35, but the Ravens may well opt to keep him around before free agency begins. Terrell Owens had trouble getting more than one team to give him a big contract last offseason, and that was before his lost season in 2009.

Other than that, it's guys who you could get on waivers.
    Arnaz Battle, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Nate Burleson, Tim Carter, Chris Chambers, Antonio Chatman, Terrance Copper, Bobby Engram, Brian Finneran, Mike Furrey, Greg Lewis, Brandon Lloyd, Derrick Mason, Shaun McDonald, Sean Morey, Muhsin Muhammad, Kassim Osgood, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, David Tyree, Bobby Wade, Kevin Walter, Kelley Washington, Ernest Wilford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81423860&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true