1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any fix for "image burns" on a LCD big screen TV?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Coral Reefer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    We spent a good chunk of change on a beautiful HD Big Screen TV 3 years ago.

Damn thing has shadows of images burnt into the screen.
    Ruins the whole HD experience.

From looking around I've found this is quite common too.
    Pretty big problem manufacturers should be letting people know about.

Regardless, anyone know of a fix to remove these image burns or is the TV basically screwed?

Thanks

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I've got something similar in the top right corner of my LCD computer monitor so I hope someone can help us both :praying:

It came from when someone touched my screen the image that was there at the time is still there now :huh:

Good thing it was G rated :shifty:

opfinistic likes this.
  3. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    A few ways you can try

1. Turn off the monitor for extended periods of time. It can be as little as several hours or it could be as long as several days.
    2. Use a screen saver with a rotating image and run it for extended periods of time. The rotating color palette should help remove the persistent image but it could take a long time.
    3. Run the screen with a single solid color or bright white for an extended period of time. This will cause all of the crystals to be reset at a single color setting and should erase and previous image persistence.

Hope this helps

hof13, opfinistic and anlgp like this.
  4. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

you may be able to "massage" the pixels back. if all the other solutions do not work, then gently rubbing your finger over the affected area to coax the pixels to return or release the liquid crystal may work. I would use a soft cloth and only attempt this after all else fails. remember, too much pressure and you will crack the screen.

anlgp likes this.
  5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This. 2 and 3 are most likely to help.

anlgp likes this.
  6. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    So did it work?