1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Injuries Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Aug 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Did we suffer any injuries last night? And did we ever find out what happened to Lou Polite last week?

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Vontae Davis left the game with what looked like a chest injury.

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Since Polite not only played but carried the ball three times I am going to guess the man is okay. But I didn't hear of any injuries of any kind.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, that is Sparano Speak byroan, last yr recall Chad Henne was pulled against Pitt with a "eye injury" but he was fine on the sidelines, it was the fact Henne made the same poor read and throw and it was picked off.

5. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks everybody.

6. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    A team doctor was looking at him with a stethoscope.

7. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    I think I sprained an MCL when I jumped outta my chair on the second Fasano TD ... I should be ready for next week game though :up:

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And Henne was "looked at" as well both stayed on the sidelines though.

Recall roth's "groin" issue?

And all the while he was running sprints on the sidelines while the rest of the team practiced?

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    That's BS. Henne even talked about it in the offseason. Says he took a shot from Woodley and though it was NOT a concussion, he was advised to sit out. Why would he get pulled for making a bad throw when he had played pretty well all year long (including that game) and it was a close game in the season finale? That makes no sense Pads.

Stitches and Phinj like this.
  10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    "played well all year long"?

Hmm, one seems to forget that Henne had thrown the exact same pic the week before against the Texans, then he threw the ball up for an Int against the Titans. And recall no Steelers Cb had a int until Henne threw that one.

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Henne threw 1 INT against the Texans and it came on a ball that went through Ricky Williams' hands. I never said Henne didn't make mistakes, but he won games and he's our QB of the future, so why make up an injury against the defending Super Bowl champs when he can be gaining valuable experience? Like I said, he was playing very well in that game too minus that pick. It just doesn't make any sense.

12. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

So according to Padre, Sparano is insinuating that Henne had no vision, Roth had no balls and Vontae now has no heart?

I kind of hope this is true as it is hilarious and a glorious mind**** on players.

But something tells me that the injuries were/are legit to an extent (okay, maybe not Roth's)

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yepper, I've said all along, they tell you what they are doing you just have to learn their "code".

When Sparano says "inconsistent" he means "plays like crap to often for my tastes" when he says "reshape their body" he means "they are in poor shape and have bad technique so they are not ready to play"

Recall Sparano went on and on about White gaining weight? But his only mention of his Qb play was "he has worked really hard"?

Though with Davis I think it was meant to mean "failure to man up"

It's Sparanglish.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  14. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Or maybe it was just preseason and it's pointless to have your #1 cornerback playing through a minor injury that could worsen and result in an extensive missed period of time.

15. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Kimbo said it was a sternum problem.

For the record, I can't but the conspiracy stuff. Roth had groin problems for two years and surgery. Then he fails his conditioning test. Whether he dogged it or what, something happened.

Henne said after the game he had double vision. Why would would they have him lie about it? So they could insert Pat White and call no passing plays?

I just can't buy it. Not when they demote offensive lineman and wide receivers and deactivate the star linebacker. And not when every player, to a man, says this regime is brutally honest with them.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

You have that reversed Muck, Roth passed his conditioning test, then "came down with an illness" then Rosenhaus chimed in with something about else, then Roth was on the sidelines the entire preseason running wind sprints during practices.

17. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He failed the conditioning test and initially claimed it was because of illness. Then he and Drew blamed it on the groin.

Weird situation all around.

GMJohnson likes this.
  18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You sure? I seem to recall Roth showing up, passing the physical and conditioning test, then the next day he claimed he was ill?

19. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010

He failed it and blamed it on a sickness. Then Rosenhaus went on TV to say it was a groin.

padre31 likes this.
  20. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Marshall is injured.............:lol:

Brandon Marshall, who said he had to see the doctor after Saturday's game, is perfectly fine, according to beat writer Ben Volin.

Marshall probably just used a minor tweak as an excuse not to talk to the media. There's nothing to see here, except more overblown controversy surrounding Marshall. It seems to follow him wherever he goes.

21. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Sparanglish ??? Pads, that was great......ROFLMAO....

22. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    No... Vontae was being checked out by the doctors on the sideline. They were taking a stethoscope to his chest...

Vonate did hurt his chest... but from the sound of it, it was just minor and he was pulled as a precaution...

23. Andyt30

Andyt30 New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ballarat Australia
    Glad we got away with no Injuries thats one thing no worse then going into regualar season with Injuries.

24. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Greg Camarillo (groin) returned to practice Monday after missing much of last week in addition to Saturday's game.

Camarillo has been battling the sore groin for three weeks now, but he appears to be over the worst of it. He's fallen behind Brian Hartline and Davone Bess, however, and seems destined to open the season as the fourth receiver.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  25. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    :lol: Glad to know my brother and I aren't the only ones that have to take to the car radio to hear the Phins games, Gunner.

Gunner likes this.