1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any thoughts on our new Rooks!?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolfanDyl, May 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DolfanDyl

DolfanDyl New Member

May 3, 2009
    SW FL
    after getting too see and hear a little more on our "new" guys thru highlights, interviews, articles, etc. who's impressed you?

I am extremely excited about this group this year...there is something about em'! I believe we have a group that could possibly one day be the core of the miami dolphins... a bold statement I know

I have been really impressed with Pat White and how he has carried himself with the media... from what I hear Sparano is nuts over this kid.

Sean Smith could be a VERY good player down the road. (might make the most immediate impact)

Patrick Turner could catch a lot of balls in the red zone this year. Depending on how fast he picks up the pro game.

Hartline needs a lot of work but I like his potential.

Chris Clemons
    has had a very impressive mini-camp... cant say the same for his interviews.

Vontae Davis need some work as well... but ofcourse his potential is through the roooooof

I cant comment on Nalbone, haven't seen/heard enough on him. Parcells loves this kid.

Just to mention... I know Todd Lowber isn't a Rookie, but watch out for him this year... thats all im going to say

2. RavensD

RavensD New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm pretty upset that we didn't take Smith when we had the chance and let Miami take him instead. Smith is kind of boom or bust, but he has some serious potential.
    Vontae Davis is the same, although I don't know if he's a good fit for your scheme or not, guess we'll have to wait and see how that pans out.
    It's very possible that you just added two Pro Bowlers to your defense, but they will both need to be brought along slowly so dont raise your expectations too high during their first year.

*Edit*

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but burning a 2nd on White was absurd. He actually seems like he's a good fit in your style of offense, but I'm sure you could have taken him at least one or maybe even two rounds later.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't think White would have made it to the third round personally. Some say Bellicheat wanted him and would have taken him with one of his four 2nd round picks. His drafting of a wildcat QB later on in the draft kind of supports that idea.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    :yes:long & strong & mighty fast are all excellent picks & will contribute big time to the defensive backfield

Smith (Long), Vontae (strong) & Clemons (mighty fast):lol:

just need to be coached up & we've got the staff capable of getting them up to speed by playtime

the draft is looking more like the A than the C- that was predicted by the pundits :up:

5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    what was clemons 40 time? and from the reports of it, he sounds pretty physical too

6. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    two thing that are uncoachable: size & speed
    :up:and we drafted it:knucks: