1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Trekkie Fans Watching the New Series?

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by KeyFin, Nov 8, 2017.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I refuse to pay ABC 7 a month to watch the show AND get commercials every few minutes, but I found the new Star Trek pirated on ShowBox to stream for free. So far I think it's really, really good and it's cool they came out with a brand new angle to the series where the Federation isn't the central point of every decision. It may be my favorite of all the series so far.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's an excellent show IMO. based on first few episodes, It's my favorite as well. I started paying the $$, but will likely cancel and reup next year to catch up on the series.

KeyFin likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Of they eventually release it on DVD, I'll watch it then.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I finished watching the first season (it's only 8 episodes) and they end it on a few cliffhangers so you're ready for season two. I thought it was super well written though and it took every possible advantage with special effects....really fun show! CBS did have a free 30-day trial going for their online content, so if you want to see it for free, just pick a time where you can binge watch over a few weekends.

5. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    8 episodes? How cow, they expect people to subscribe to a special service just for that? I'm not going to go out of my way to watch 1/3 of a season of a show.

KeyFin likes this.
  6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Actually, I just read on their site that they are releasing season 1 in two chapters....the other 7 start again on January 7th. That's still two seasons in my opinion, but at least it's only about 7 weeks to wait for them to restart.

There is still a free trial, although they don't say how long it lasts anymore. So you'd have to sign up, watch all 8 episodes, then cancel before the trial ended. Here's the link- https://www.cbs.com/all-access/

Again, my advice is to download the app ShowBox and watch em free and without commercials. But that's just me.

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    OK. Thats better. Still, the fact that many channels/providers are now attempting to trick people into thinking that they've been around longer than they have is frustrating. It started with reality shows and has bled into scripted ones.

A season is whatever episodes are released within a given year, whenever the clock happens to start on that given show, whether its September or the summer. Usually that means 20-26 episodes, though many networks are getting cheap and cutting that number back lately.

I just watched another show do the same thing. "Two episodes left this season!!!", when they know they'll be back in January with a dozen more.

KeyFin likes this.