1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here get the ole "snip snip" ???

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Ughh.....I regret posting this already. Anyway, I have enough kids. The wife and I have no business bringing anymore into this world.

Thinking about a vasectomy. Any of you have experience with this? They have a "no scalpel" technique now. Painless, quick recovery...so they say. It's kind of scary, trying to figure out which doctor is good, if the surgery is right for me, etc...

And where the hell is the anonymous option??!!!

So, any thoughts, knowledge, or experience here?

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    C'mon you bunch of lookie-lous!!! Sack up and contribute! no pun intended:shifty:

3. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    .....unzips

ToddPhin likes this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Yes...well... I suppose that will be necessary.

5. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I have not had it done. Didn't need to since my first wife had a tubal ligation as part of her C-section and when I married again my wife was "past worrying about those issues". I have had dozens if not a hundred parishioners go through the procedure with excellent results over 30 years of ministry. Every guy of whom I am aware, had no complaints and their wives/partners were ecstatic that they no longer had to worry about birth control issues. Positives all around.

Now I am sure there are horror stories out there and you will likely get some here. And yes, I have not done it myself but I would tomorrow without hesitation if there was a need.

Good luck

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Thanks a lot brother. Given our religious backgrounds, this means a lot. I still think back to the unpleasant brow beating I took at Pre Cana almost a decade ago(this was discussed and was not well thought of). I appreciate the forward thinking and what is ultimately very positive reinforcement for me and the wife.

Fin4Ever and Ohiophinphan like this.
  7. Ohiophinphan

Thanks, best wishes to you both! BTW, are you anywhere near Long Valley, NJ?

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I literally just had it done 3 weeks ago.

You're welcome Humanity. And oddly enough it was not court mandated.

I got the scalpel-less kind. It took 15-ish minutes. There was some minor sharp pain a couple of times, but only for a quick second. Recovery was pretty fast. Your boys might ache a little for the rest of the day, maybe the next (1/3 the intensity of blue balls). Its really not that bad. The incision is small.

The worst part was the cauterizing with a welding gun.

Unlucky 13 and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  9. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado

3rd world Dr.

Great, yeah its gonna stick.

10. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    One guy semi-local uses titanium clamps to cut off the vas. I think i'd rather get cauterized though. All I need is to be Wolverine balls.

11. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    No, I'm way South East from there. Do you have friends/family there?

12. Ohiophinphan

My daughter just took a call to the Lutheran Church there. Like me, she too is a pastor. My parents were from Paterson back in the day and I was born in Fair Lawn. Moved from there in 1966 however so I doubt I would recognize much.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  13. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Well...sh!t:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/vasectomies-prostate-cancer_n_5591260.html

I met a new primary, gen prac Dr. today. I chose him because he is a forward thinking Dr. Has a strong background in holistic and alternative medicine, as well as traditional medicine. I mentioned my interest in a vasectomy and he told me there is a new report, barely a week old, that is linked cancer. He then mentioned that hormonally, he was always concerned about procedure.

I don't know. I will continue to research and soul search on this one. Honestly, in this day and age, my prostate is on the radar for potential issues anyway. Problems are so frequent and common, its scary.

He did recommend a urologist, so I may go check that out and discuss with him.

14. Ohiophinphan

Keep getting information. Don't let one bad report deter you yet.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  15. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I'm planning on getting it done in the not too distant future. My wife and I have two healthy girls - almost 3 years and 5 months - and we're done. I'll be 37 soon and my wife is 35, so we're getting to the point where more kids would be hard in a variety of ways. My primary doc does it, so I don't have to worry about where to go, but I'm still nervous. First surgery of any kind, and I'm majorly squeemish in the best of times.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  16. Ohiophinphan

Good call. Best wishes. Thanks for stepping up and sharing here.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  17. Ohiophinphan

Seth and Unlucky: How have things gone? Did you have the "procedure" done? Has it worked out well?