1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else enjoying the high stakes Phins games?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Dec 11, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've got to admit it, after 07, and the bleakness, the last two Decembers have been a blast.

The last time the Phins had back to back December games that mattered was 8 years ago...8 years...there was a brief chance in Saban's first season, but until Sparano and Co came unto run the thing, it had been almost a decade since the Dolphins mattered.

Now we head up to Jacksonville, every play matters, every decision matters, it has been a long time since we all weren't looking at Mock Drafts in November and playing for nothing at all.

For me, I love the high stakes tension, can Sparano pull it off? What does Ricky and JT have left in the tank? Can Joey Porter still make impact plays? Cameron Wake, can he make a sack that matters?

Chad Henne, how good can he be?

Gotta admit it, the Big Tuna, Irish, Sparano, these cats know what they are doing, we win in JVille we are back in the hunt, the patsies lose to the Panthers (which could very well happen BTW) and we are in the AFCE leadership position.

Savor it fellas, and especially enjoy it, these situations do not come along everyday in the NFL.

djphinfan, eric, xphinfanx and 3 others like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Oh me me me me!

3. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Better believe it. Also enjoying knowing that they can come back and win and that they will only get better over the next few years. I don't miss the Buffalo dread, the December meltdowns or the ultra conservative offensive play calling of the past. I do miss the big play pass game but I think we will get that back very soon.

padre31 likes this.
  4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    To tell you the truth, I would like us to win some games big so my heart lasts longer.

These nail-biters are killing me.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Gak,,,December meltdowns and Buffalo "late season game" dread, sheesh you are no diletante Dolphins fan Sir!

How about "no kicker misses against the Miami Dolphins"?

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Even when the GMen had Parcells, and LT and crew, they rarely blew people out, more or less what happened is what we saw on Sunday, close game, the defense choked the opponents offense, wind blew paper around the Meadowlands and Pat Summerall and John Madden would talk about "Angelia Landsbury and Murder She Wrote".

You know the drill NJ..:up:

7. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    I carry many scars but many moments of joy.

padre31 likes this.
  8. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    I agree I have been carrying Xanax bars to the games with me to keep me leveled...LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Oh, I'm savoring every minute padre.
    I am so proud of our team.
    I can't watch the game Sun. We have to go to my husbands moms after church.
    So, I'll come in that night to get all the facts from you guys.
    All of you enjoy the game and yell for me too.:up:

xphinfanx and padre31 like this.
  10. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This year has been a heart attack waiting to happen.
    In the 13th game of the season down 14 points that was it season defiantly over. But wait they pulled out of the 14 point deficit to win, not only a win but a win against the Pats. The whole season has been a last second nail biter.

Its still not over just unreal.

11. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    This coaching staff and this team are building towards something special. This is by far the most excited I've been since the Shula/Marino-in-his-prime years. It would be nice to be entering a December with no significant injuries and a 3 game lead in the division but having a shot at the playoffs after the disasterous start and the major injuries makes me proud of the team and the coaching staff.

Looking at the future... Honestly look at the division, why on earth should we NOT win the division next year? The pats are going downward, the Bills need a coach, the Jest aren't going anywhere, this team should be giving us a lot of exciting football in the next few years. Sparano is going to get us a title, I think he is that good of a coach.

12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i've been watching this friggin sport too long lol. I waited seven years to have faith in a organization that might rebuild this once proud franchise. Once we got them I gave them three years to rebuild the franchise in their image. Last year and this year are like preseason games to me. Next year is when I think we start playing for real. A shot at the AFC Championship and beyond

13. GreysonWinfield

Nov 1, 2009
    Yep and 2nd 1/2 defensive meltdowns. The San Diego playoff loss in 1994. Oh the pain, the pain.

14. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you are master of the pep talk :yes:

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nah, I have Ted Ginn on the praise agenda this week, not the whole team.

Sunday is going to be one hell of a fight the way I see it, the Jags know what is at stake, they are at home, they have weapons, the Phins know that they must win as well.

Fun stuff Brother, one pick six, one missed field goal, one blown use of a timeout could cost either team the season, and both Staffs know it...

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    with you on this one
    contrary to popular belief
    i remain
    if we don't win
    i'm putting the loss on you padre... j/k
    win out... tough sell
    do it....

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Good times brother good times..

We win this freakin game, and its about to go up a whoooooole nother level my man.

Its like what Prez said in a way...this is all gravy to me...and Henne....

What does this season being relevant in december say about our head coach?..doin it with a first year qb and a 32 year old running back..