1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else think RT17 is...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ET7, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    He's not the biggest problem, but he is not a savior and certainly not worthy of being called a franchise QB yet like people were saying after the 3-0 start. The jury is out on him. Same old, same old.

Jeff Ireland is a bigger problem, or is it coincidence that this team had looked EXACTLY the same for 5 straight seasons now? And they'll just keep extending him. Instead of moving forward we just keep standing still.

2. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    This is a west cost read system for QB and the WRs.
    They have to make right decisions on the field. There is nothing wrong with playcalling majority of the times. The QB and the WRs are not making winning plays.

3. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON

Oh by the way...Marino didn't go to the playoffs every year either.

4. Patssuck

Patssuck Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    How many fumbles does he have this season as compared to Tannehill? Better game how many times in a roll has Tannehill fumbled deep in our territory? Respectfully open your eyes,.

5. JamesyEsq

JamesyEsq Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    England
    I desperately want to believe in Tannehill, but i just don't see it, sorry. The talent at QB in the next draft is strong, it will be a big mistake to pass on it

6. Finfan7273

Finfan7273 New Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Florida
    Personally, I'd be content with a quarterback who could hold onto the football.

Bpk likes this.
  7. iknoweverything

iknoweverything Banned

Oct 22, 2013
    Me thinks you're giving Tannehill too much credit by saying average to good QB. Tannehill SUCKS!! Period.

8. Patssuck

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Three turnovers in the second half.

9. ABrownLamp

ABrownLamp New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Not in Clearwater!
    Yeah. Good point

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He will have the rest of the season, but man the TOs are getting bad. Yeah the protection and supporting cast has not been stellar, but you cannot exacerbate the issue by giving up the ball. If we finish with a losing record and bring in a new GM and coach, I would absolutely be ok going with another highly drafting QB. In this day and age, as important as the position is, and as cheap as rookies can be, you draft QBs. You don't have a Sam Bradford weighing you down for a decade anymore.

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  11. Patssuck

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Agreed we should be thrilled that this guy has turned into a slightly better Sanchez.

12. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Tannehill is a turnover machine, that is my issue with him. He has all the tools to be a very good QB, but I think he falls into the same class that guys like Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder, Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn, and Sam Bradford fall into. The talent is there but I have serious doubts that he can put it together. He's getting the crap beat out of him every week and at this point it wouldn't hurt just to sit him down for a couple games and give Pat Devlin a chance. I like Devlin quite a bit and I think he's worth a look. I've been saying that for two years now.

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Not all fans, just the idiots.!

14. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't think Tannehill is a winner, and that is what this team needs. Guys like Manziel, MCcarron..They are winners.

15. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Really? So, after dominating the first half, and running the ball particularly well all first half, it makes sense to come out in empty backfield sets on our first drive of the second half?

maynard likes this.
  16. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    So, it was idiot Dolphins fans that caused them to lose in Foxboro despite a 2 TD lead going into the half? Wow.

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  17. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Give him time and give him time.
    As in it's only his second year and he only has a micro second to throw a foreword pass let alone the bomb.

18. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Or maybe just a QB who doesn't constantly turn the ball over and who could lead us to our first playoff win since the 2000 season?

19. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    He's just a mediocre quarterback so far. Nothing more.

20. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

Unfortunately using Wallace as a deep threat appears to be the only use he is to this team. He hardly ever seems to get open on short routes and even when he does, he only catches the ball about 50% of the time. He appears to be a bust for the Dolphins so far.

What makes it even worse is that it is being reported on local TV that Brandon Gibson, who has been their most reliable WR this, year is probably out for the rest of the season with a leg injury. This means Wallace will have to step up his game even more and I just don't think he can.

MAFishFan likes this.
  21. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    If I'm getting hit as a QB by a good defensive play in the backfield then sometimes you have to give credit to the D player. Brady fumbled....guess what?....his OLineman recovered it. Its a biatch but I guess when you open your eyes you accept it.

22. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I got the fix how about we trade for another old Offensive Lineman this week. That will surely fix all our issues. j/k sorta..

The problem begins with Ireland and ends with Sherman.. Philbin wont fire him because of their history but that will be his ultimate failure as a coach and what gets him released in 2 years.

Sherman went away from everything he did in the first half. It's like he thought ok there going to change it up and stop what were doing do now were going to change up our Offensive to counter that and it failed.

Also if I see this team run the same 4 plays at nausium once again. 1st Play try to run up middle, 2nd play short pass before the sticks making it 3-2 and on 3rd down trying to pass I am going to puke. I mean thats 90% of our offensive game play. This team is sloppy, predictable and we deserve to be 2-5 how we beat the Colts is beyond me.... I am mentally gone from this team and I hope ROSS reads these kinds of threads because I was going to buy 2 Jerseys for my kids at Christmas, but Im afraid they will get picked on if I did so I'm not putting them through that misery... Ross Your **** team doesn't deserve my money. Im out for the season on the fins now it's officially over.

This team will win 5 more games and finish 7-9 or 8-8 miss the playoffs and not have a shot at any sure fire studs in the draft. It's become the norm... Until Ireland is gone I'm not spending a nickle more on products.... Maybe my money will make Ross listen since our words haven't...

23. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm a huge fan of Tanny but....his high passes have destroyed Gibson and Keller and no game is complete without a Tannehill fumble.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phinatic19 likes this.
  24. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    People are saying "oh look at Brady he fumbled, look at Manning he threw a pick" the difference is those QB's are winners in this league. Their teams win games year in and year out, the lead teams that are consistant teams of contention. OK...Manning/Brady sets the bar too high??? Phillip Rivers...He's a winner, he's the type of guy that if you have on your team you can beat anybody anytime on any day. Same goes for guys like Matthew Stafford, and Tony Romo.
    In my opinion there are no more excuses for Ryan Tannehill. I'll support whatever we decide to do but I don't believe in him as much as I want to I just don't believe he's the guy.

25. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    Thats not it though bro, You Tannehill supporters are completely blind to the fact that even when he DOES have time he still isn't making things happen the way they should be happening. The overthrows are a thing of pure puzzlement on my part. How in the hell does he miss that bad? The pocket awareness, yeah blame it on the O-line but Aaron Rodgers won a super bowl playing behind a badly beat up mediocre offensive line. The bottom line is Ryan Tannehill is not a winner. He's got all the physical attributes to be a good QB in this league but he simply is not a winner.

TooGoodForDez and JamesyEsq like this.
  26. Speedy

Speedy Dolfan forever! :-)

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    I really want to believe in him, but the turnovers make it tough for me sometimes. I'm all for giving him more time to develop, because it's only his second year. But if the season continues like that, I sure hope we finally get a new GM that drafts Manziel. Love him, he's a winner.

Don't know, I'm torn... :pity:

27. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    I'm torn too and thats the worst position to be in with a player...Look at what Brees ended up being...Still...I just don't see it with Tannehill. He can clearly be a good backup QB in the league but I don't feel confident with him as our guy week in and week out. We need a winner, we need someone who can carry a team on his back if he has to. Tannehill can't do that.

28. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He showed WAY more than Brees did his first two seasons.

29. pmj

pmj New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Ok then go get one. Find the "winner" qb that is so easy to get. Keep the same oline and weapons though, I want to see how that works.

MAFishFan likes this.
  30. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    or
    Stupid, just stupid. He also didnt cough up the football in extreme situations, fold under pressure, throw ridiculous interceptions, take stupid sacks or make terrible reads. He also didnt have a running game for most of his career and can you really call The Mark's brothers or Chris Chambers , superstars. Ryan Tannehill is a fine QB but he couldnt hold Marino's jockstrap. Tannehill is Chad Pennington without the smarts. Maybe they will come, maybe they wont, but a franchise superstar? a HOF'er? I certainly dont believe so.

PhinishLine likes this.
  31. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have thought all along that Tannehill is still a HUGE question mark for this team. I wasn't a fan of drafting him with the first pick of the Dolphins in 2012. While he has shown flashes of being a good QB, he has also shown that he just can't do it on a consistent basis.

I don't think he throws deep passes very well and he is very inconsistent on short and medium range passes. He throws one great and the next one is behind the receiver or over his head. His lack of pocket awareness has been a major problem and that continues to remain a problem. Obviously having the worst pass blocking OL in the NFL only makes matters worst for Tannehill. I think we still have to see how the rest of this year plays out and if Tannehill can show vast improvement over the last nine games.
    If he shows improvement and appears to be headed in a positive direction, I think the Dolphins next GM should try and fill other areas of need on this team in the early rounds of the 2014 draft.

If on the other hand, Tannehill doesn't show solid improvement for the remainder of this season, taking a QB in the first round of the 2014 draft might be the right thing for the next GM to do.

32. scotty_irnbru

scotty_irnbru Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    Manziel could be the least likable human being since Ryan Seacrest. An entitled self satisfied smug ***. However he does seem capable of playing football. I think 1.5 seasons is too short to cut bait on a 8th pick qb who was regarded as a project, has spent this season playing behind a sieve, last season with no weapons, the most plain play calling. The issues are bigger than RT, he's not innocent but there are many other problems.

RevRick and cdz12250 like this.
  33. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    If he can't get to mid 80's QBR then it's definately time to move on. I've seen enough. He's not franchise material. Well maybe average franchises but not good ones.

34. ExplosionsInDaSky

Sep 13, 2011
    Well first of all i'd start by getting a QB that knew how to read a defense, and had a mastery of the offense he was running. Secondly that guy would carry himself as a leader....Off the top of my head I happen to really like Johnny Manziel and it just so happens that we will probably be in a position to draft him.
    Nobody said it was easy to find a franchise QB but we have been without one since 1999. Funny how EVERY other team in the NFL has been able to find a franchise QB or atleast a guy that can win games, except us during that span of 15 years.

35. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Tannehill lacks fire you see in other quarterbacks. I even see fire in RG3 and I don't even like RG3. There is no command in the offense, or command that this is HIS team, it's all robotic just like Henne was for us. And Henne was an accurate passer himself for our team. A puppet at quarterback isn't what we need. Bring in Murray or Mettenburger. Have them compete for the starting job. If that doesn't light a fire under Tannehill's *** it's over.

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  36. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Tide is turning. Suprised but am I really?

37. Speedy

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    Yeah, because he likes to enjoy his life. The media has overblown that whole story. He's not hurting his team, so let him have some fun. He takes football serious, so I could care less about the off the field stuff (as long as he's not hurting the team of course). That's just my opinion, of course. I love that guy. But I'm always in the minority. For example, I can't stand Tebow.

38. scotty_irnbru

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    It's not about his play, I'm not questioning that. I just dislike him. Disliked Tebow too.

39. Speedy

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    But do you dislike him because of his offseason? That's what I meant was overblown.

I respect your opinion though.

40. scotty_irnbru

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    I can't place it exactly, its the entitled attitude. The 'money' gesture. Yuck. Show some humility. The ncaa effed it up but he still doesn't strike me as a person I'd want to hang around with. Again, just to confirm, he's a heck of a player.