Anyone going to the MIA - KC game?

74 replies

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 3, 2008, 05:49 AM

"Conuficus wrote:

I'll have a Ronnie Jersey on. It's my Christmas present from the wife. :up:

Sweet stuff, I'm pretty stoked for this game... Now we better not lose the next two, I'll be pretty upset...

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 3, 2008, 06:24 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

Sweet stuff, I'm pretty stoked for this game... Now we better not lose the next two, I'll be pretty upset...

Lol, I hear you. I'm just glad to go to a game after 6 years.

daphinsdaphinsForum Veteran
Dec 3, 2008, 01:40 PM

I'll be sporting my autographed Jim Langer Jersey hehehehehehe

#NFLFU

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 3, 2008, 01:42 PM

"daphins wrote:

I'll be sporting my autographed Jim Langer Jersey hehehehehehe

I'd have that in a case or something. Is that Jersey still intact, and do you still wash it? :shifty:

daphinsdaphinsForum Veteran
Dec 3, 2008, 01:54 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

I'd have that in a case or something. Is that Jersey still intact, and do you still wash it? :shifty:

Well.....

Not in a case
Don't wash it
Still in mint condition...

BUT there's some issues with it. I won it off "the other" site a few months back. I can't remember the name of the company that procured and sold it, but it has the tag and I compared the signature to others of Langer...I think it's legit. BUT when i look up the number on the tag it lists the jersey as someone else. The signatures were on the same day at the same place but there's no way to PROVE that it is a Langer signature. And since it's my only dolphins Jersey I live it up :)

#NFLFU

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 3, 2008, 02:24 PM

You know there will probably a **** load of no shows for this game. I bet we can all end up sitting down by the field. :lol:

I have a ticket that I can reprint a few times to help get people past the ushers if necessary. But you never heard that here..............

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 3, 2008, 09:33 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

You know there will probably a **** load of no shows for this game. I bet we can all end up sitting down by the field. :lol:

I have a ticket that I can reprint a few times to help get people past the ushers if necessary. But you never heard that here..............

That would be awesome :lol:

I know that there will be a lot of no shows for the game because:

A) It's cold as hell
B) The Chiefs suck
C) Did I mention the Chiefs suck?

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 3, 2008, 09:49 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

That would be awesome :lol:

I know that there will be a lot of no shows for the game because:

A) It's cold as hell
B) The Chiefs suck
C) Did I mention the Chiefs suck?

Who gives a **** about the cold. Drink some rum or something and be done with it. :lol:

Take a flask of hot chocolate if you catch my drift in with you, it's all good. I used to go to school in Oklahoma so I have an idea of what to expect. :cry:

I have one of those E-ticket things which I can print off. This is legit, which is crazy. They scan my ticket and off I go. But I can reprint the dam thing, so what the hell?

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 3, 2008, 10:01 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Who gives a **** about the cold. Drink some rum or something and be done with it. :lol:

Take a flask of hot chocolate if you catch my drift in with you, it's all good. I used to go to school in Oklahoma so I have an idea of what to expect. :cry:

I have one of those E-ticket things which I can print off. This is legit, which is crazy. They scan my ticket and off I go. But I can reprint the dam thing, so what the hell?

It's cold in Iowa too so it won't bother me, but if I'm guessing most Chiefs fans won't battle the cold to see their team lose..

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 3, 2008, 10:06 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

It's cold in Iowa too so it won't bother me, but if I'm guessing most Chiefs fans won't battle the cold to see their team lose..

Me either. This is such a rush man, 7 years since I've been to a game. Dam.

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Dec 4, 2008, 08:41 AM

"Conuficus wrote:

Who gives a **** about the cold. Drink some rum or something and be done with it. :lol:

Take a flask of hot chocolate if you catch my drift in with you, it's all good. I used to go to school in Oklahoma so I have an idea of what to expect. :cry:

I have one of those E-ticket things which I can print off. This is legit, which is crazy. They scan my ticket and off I go. But I can reprint the dam thing, so what the hell?

They still need to buy their tickets so they can get IN TO THE STADIUM.

But that would be pretty cool.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 4, 2008, 08:46 AM

"dolfan94 wrote:

They still need to buy their tickets so they can get IN TO THE STADIUM.

But that would be pretty cool.

Yeah, we were talking about inside beating the ushers they have standing around asking to see your ticket.

Might work if we do it right. :shifty:

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2008, 12:44 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Yeah, we were talking about inside beating the ushers they have standing around asking to see your ticket.

Might work if we do it right. :shifty:

I heard that they let everyone in the lower bowl to see warm ups... I'm not positive though...

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 4, 2008, 01:35 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I heard that they let everyone in the lower bowl to see warm ups... I'm not positive though...

Engage stealth mode. :shuriken:

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2008, 01:49 PM

This will actually be my first NFL game ... I'm really getting amped up to watch it. My wife is excited, too.

We're in Section 244, Row 9, Seats 7 & 8. We have a hotel room at the Sheraton the night before and the night after. I'm hoping that's where the team is staying.

Looking forward to doing some tailgating, too.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 4, 2008, 01:53 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

This will actually be my first NFL game ... I'm really getting amped up to watch it. My wife is excited, too.

We're in Section 244, Row 9, Seats 7 & 8. We have a hotel room at the Sheraton the night before and the night after. I'm hoping that's where the team is staying.

Looking forward to doing some tailgating, too.

I'm at the Hilton at the airport Odin, about 25 minutes away are you anywhere near there?

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 4, 2008, 02:04 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

I'm at the Hilton at the airport Odin, about 25 minutes away are you anywhere near there?

I've stayed at the Hilton, it's really nice ... but the Sheraton is within walking distance of the Stadium. We're not really close. The airport is north of town, the Sheraton is on the southeastern side. :lol:

If you're in on Saturday night, you have to go to Arthur Bryant's BBQ while you are in town. It's the best example of KC barbecue in the area. One of my favorites.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 4, 2008, 02:21 PM

Just got my tickets today, super excited! :woot:

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Dec 4, 2008, 09:32 PM

"Conuficus wrote:

Yeah, we were talking about inside beating the ushers they have standing around asking to see your ticket.

Might work if we do it right. :shifty:

I know, but maybe someone else didnt. In some other countries, tickets arent scanned, so people just do what you guys are going to do and those are their tickets INTO the game, so maybe someone was coming from out of country.

I think you guys should be able to pull it off, as long as you never leave your seats, and have to go through the usher again, you dont piss any Chiefs fans off, you dont all go in at once, DUHHHHHH!

I wouldnt do it. I actually like watching games from the upper deck, and I wouldnt risk getting kicked out of the stadium.

BTW: In KC, theyre really strict about Fan Rules. This past year, they made a rule that you cant stand up during games. I doubt everyone does it, but just shows you

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 6, 2008, 09:40 AM

"dolfan94 wrote:

I know, but maybe someone else didnt. In some other countries, tickets arent scanned, so people just do what you guys are going to do and those are their tickets INTO the game, so maybe someone was coming from out of country.

I think you guys should be able to pull it off, as long as you never leave your seats, and have to go through the usher again, you dont piss any Chiefs fans off, you dont all go in at once, DUHHHHHH!

I wouldnt do it. I actually like watching games from the upper deck, and I wouldnt risk getting kicked out of the stadium.

BTW: In KC, theyre really strict about Fan Rules. This past year, they made a rule that you cant stand up during games. I doubt everyone does it, but just shows you

Yeah ... KC implemented new rules this year, mainly due to the rivalries with the Raiders and the Donkeys. If you are unruly they can text the ushers to get rid of you.

As long as you are respectful though, you shouldn't have any issues at the stadium.

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Dec 6, 2008, 11:05 AM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

Yeah ... KC implemented new rules this year, mainly due to the rivalries with the Raiders and the Donkeys. If you are unruly they can text the ushers to get rid of you.

As long as you are respectful though, you shouldn't have any issues at the stadium.

That happens here in Miami too

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Dec 7, 2008, 02:28 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I heard that they let everyone in the lower bowl to see warm ups... I'm not positive though...

No, it's true. They are really lax throughout the pre-game warm-ups. Just act like you know where youre going and they wont bother you.

So, how many people total are going?

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Dec 14, 2008, 11:02 PM

Well, it's a week away.. I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited!!

MOmolankumaSupporter
Dec 15, 2008, 10:19 AM

I'm ready for the game, but it's going to be interesting with being on crutches still :sad: Hope I'll get to start putting some pressure on my leg this week :up:

I know I don't post much, but I am definitely a lurker on the site. When I do post, you should feel honored :wink2: :lol:

TRTractor TraylorNew Member
Dec 15, 2008, 05:32 PM

Forecasts right now are looking like 14 degrees for kickoff on Sunday. If we end up getting any precipitation, it'll play into our hands even more. The more we can steer KC away from the spread offense, the better.

Anyone doing any tailgating before? I might be able to stop by for a few..