1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Have/Play Nintendo 3DS?

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Alex44, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I know it's not the most popular system with the adult crowd, I mainly bought mine for Resident Evil Revelations which IMO makes the entire system worth it. Amazing game, especially raid mode.

Anyway just wondering if anyone else can recommend any other "must purchase" games or games they are looking forward to. I was really skeptical about the system until I actually played it. Great graphics and the slider thumbpad thing is PERFECT for shooter games.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Take advantage of the backwards compatibility and play the Phoenix Wright games. Ghost Trick is also excellent.

If you've never played it, Ocarina of Time is worth picking up, as are Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Pushmo on the e-shop is supposed to be fun also.

The 3DS isn't a kiddy system. I'd say Nintendo's portables do a much better job of appealing to all ages than their consoles, which tend to be kiddy systems.

Alex44 and Stitches like this.
  3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Desides and I have one. If you haven't played Ocarina of Time, then it's a must (yes Desides, I know Majora's Mask is better). Super Mario 3D land is supposed to be a must purchase game (my interest waned a bit with it however after just a few levels). Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a good strategy game, and I'm going to get Tales of the Abyss (jrpg) at some point.

Lots of good games on the Virtual Console, and way too many good DS games to list.

Alex44 likes this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Haven't played anything Zelda in so long, I saw the game and really considered it but went with RE when I got the 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land was also up there.

I had a Nintendo DS up until about a year ago when I traded it in for stupid reasons, so ]there are games I haven't played yet so that is also an option.

Have you guys (Or anyone else) played the 3D Mario Kart or Starfox games? I mean I've read good reviews but honestly I trust the people on this site more for some odd reason. Critics are often either over sympathetic to a game or over critical.

EDIT: Facepalm moment. Desides had Mario Kart 7 in his first post. Fail.

5. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't have Starfox, but if I could find it for a decent price ~$15 I'd get it. I know it's a solid game, but it's short, and I played the hell out of it on 64.

As for Mario Kart, I just can't handle (mario) kart racing anymore. It's just not fun to me, unless it's battle mode locally.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What if I said I've never played Majora's Mask and find Ocarina of Time to be just average for a Zelda game? :shifty:

Block Fort forever.

The Star Fox 64 remake is supposed to be pretty good. And the original was great too, so I'd say buy it if you're interested.

7. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    You would be blasphemous. ;)
    God that game was so good. One of the best for N64 ever. I only beat the fake Andross because I could never beat the 2nd encounter with Star Wolf!

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I would be aware that Link to the Past is the superior game. :up:

The left path is always the best path. Star Fox series rule.

9. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    You guys are making me want a 3DS bad. Anyone know if a remodel is planned before I go and waste my money?

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

There is nothing to remodel in my opinion. That doesn't mean they won't do something eventually, but in my opinion it's perfect as it is. Screen is well sized, fits nicely in your hands. If anything they will probably just make it slimmer eventually, but to me that isnt worth waiting for.

11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    What Alex44 said. They'll eventually create a slimmer/streamlined revision ala the GBA SP or DS Lite, but so what? That's a couple of years off and certainly no reason to not get a 3DS now if the games appeal to you.

12. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I could see them creating another model that has the 2nd analog stick built in.

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Maybe, but that would result in a larger device overall, or at least something that isn't significantly slimmer than the current design. That's a tough spot they put themselves in.