1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here ever sold your Lease car at the end of term?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Coral Reefer, Jun 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Challenge:

Getting a straight answer on the true process for selling your Lease car at the end of the term to a 3rd party rather than turning it in or buying it yourself.

This is supposted to be a simple process. However, I can't seem to find anyone within the car dealership that can tell me how. If we buy it out and then sell it, both I and the buyer have to pay sales taxes. They have a process to overcome that called a 3rd party transfer but I can't seem to get a straight answer from the dealer or the local DMV here.

Anyone ever pull this off or was advised how this process is supposed to work?

I'm offering a free Delicious McChicken or Mcfish sandwich to reward anyone who can help me with this. :wink2:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  2. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    My dad did it with company cars when he worked for Volvo. They way he worked it was he paid off the remainder and then the title was mailed to him. then he just never registered the car and the sold it to his sister who, when she registered it had to pay sales tax.