AP source: Dolphins owner mulling possible shakeup (Thursday)

310 replies

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:19 AM

Just arived

Jan 2, 2014, 11:22 AM

So now darlington is going off with more "news" about nothing. Ross is in the building today.

Jan 2, 2014, 11:22 AM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

Just arived

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:25 AM

"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:

Just arived

Given who he surrounds himself with, I am surprised he didn't show up in a jet.

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:27 AM

"jim1 wrote:

I'm all for firing Ireland, but the thing that really concerns me is the absolute necessity to solve the OL problems in FA and the draft and how incompetent Ireland has been at managing that position. We can't afford any more John Jerrys, Tyson Clados and Dallas Thomases, not this year. This year, we absolutely have to get it right, too much at stake. We need someone who can recognize the value of Evan Mathis and Donald Thomas type players, and someone who can sift through this OL draft class and come away with multiple quality players.

We had both of those guys (Mathis and Thomas) and didn't recognize the value.

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:28 AM

"Samphin wrote:

Given who he surrounds himself with, I am surprised he didn't show up in a jet.

The Jet is at the airport.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 2, 2014, 11:29 AM

"KB21 wrote:

The Jet is at the airport.

Jan 2, 2014, 11:30 AM

Are we moments from diving into another crazy coaching/gm search !!!

Can't Wait !

JIjim1New Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:30 AM

"KB21 wrote:

We had both of those guys (Mathis and Thomas) and didn't recognize the value.

Something has to change. I've been trying to figure out this OT class- love Matthews, love Robinson, the rest have questions. I like Morgan Moses, but the guy who I saw recently who I would pull the trigger on at #19 if he's available is Cedric Ogbuehi.

Dallas Thomas- I still can;t figure this guy out. Decent size, pretty good feet, but something is lacking there. If he can't make it at LT I don't think that he makes it all all, just not dominant/aggressive enough.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:31 AM

"KB21 wrote:

The Jet is at the airport.

...in New York

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jan 2, 2014, 11:31 AM

Air Force Dumb has landed... Rizzmiggizz @RizzWrites

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 2, 2014, 11:31 AM

Me on twitter all morning:

emocomputerjockemocomputerjockNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:32 AM

"P h i N s A N i T y wrote:

Are we moments from diving into another crazy coaching/gm search !!!

We're not. The reason there's so much speculation and wharrgrarbling is because there's nothing to report. There's nothing to indicate anything is going to happen outside of some assistants probably getting the axe, and while Sherman had his moments he wasn't the primary culprit of the offense being asstastic either.


Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:35 AM

"Samphin wrote:

...in New York

I doubt he rode a helicopter from New York to Miami.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:36 AM

"KB21 wrote:

I doubt he rode a helicopter from New York to Miami.

...nevermind.

It was a joke about his Jets contacts.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:38 AM

"P h i N s A N i T y wrote:

Are we moments from diving into another crazy coaching/gm search !!!

Can't Wait !

I doubt it.....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:40 AM

"Samphin wrote:

...nevermind.

It was a joke about his Jets contacts.

Hey. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee this AM. I didn't pick up on the joke.

RevRickRevRickSupporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:41 AM

"Samphin wrote:

...nevermind.

It was a joke about his Jets contacts.

Boo!!! Hiss!!!


We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:43 AM

"KB21 wrote:

Hey. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee this AM. I didn't pick up on the joke.

May want to switch to a dark roast. ;)

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:43 AM

"SICK wrote:

Me on twitter all morning:

Lol funny gif. Accurate


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jan 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

I think Sherman will step down. There will be no need for firing. I am not confident that Irish gets canned. I can only hope we get the best play-calling OC available.

Jan 2, 2014, 11:46 AM

"emocomputerjock wrote:

We're not. The reason there's so much speculation and wharrgrarbling is because there's nothing to report. There's nothing to indicate anything is going to happen outside of some assistants probably getting the axe, and while Sherman had his moments he wasn't the primary culprit of the offense being asstastic either.

Agreed; my previous post does include its news about nothing. Just merely adding to the suspense and chaos of things, as I always do. I truely would prefer to start fresh though. If Ross & co. actually believe there are more favorable alternatives out there, and tannehill's in favor... go for that, as apposed to the continuity of this system.

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:46 AM

"SICK wrote:

Me on twitter all morning:

Hilarious, exactly what I've been doing at work with this forum, and the club forum all morning since twitter and stuff is blocked at work for us.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jan 2, 2014, 11:53 AM

"P h i N s A N i T y wrote:

Are we moments from diving into another crazy coaching/gm search !!!

Can't Wait !

Not at all. But we have another year of Ireland rant threads to look forward to.

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 2, 2014, 11:53 AM

"Samphin wrote:

May want to switch to a dark roast. ;)

I'm using the cheap stuff the clinic gets.