1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

App State

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by TiP54, Dec 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Remember these guys?
    The team that is responsible for arguable greatest upset of all time?
    Most people never heard of 'em until beginning of this season, where they beat Michigan.
    What most people DON'T know, is that app state won two straight dive I-AA titles and playing for the third one RIGHT NOW on ESPN2.
    I am a junior in high school. My coach graduated from APP state (Boone, NC)
    I live and among other things play football on Fort Myers (SW Florida). We went to App state as a football camp two years straight. We have three graduates playing for them right now.
    Their quarterback is ridiculous.
    In his last game, Armanti Edwards racked up 495 yards of total offense.
    313 yards rushing and 172 passing. And don't think he is a runner who plays quarterback. He was 14/16 with one of the passes being drooped, and the second one wisely throw out of bounds. The scary thing is that he is only a sophomore. He has two more years at app state.
    Beginning of second quarter, app state is up 14-0. The team that they are playing, ironically, looks exactly like Michigan.
    Edwards started pass. On the opening drive he was 2/2 for 60 yards and a touchdown. After Delaware drove down the field, they lost the ball on the 1 yards line. App state recovers and five plays and 99 yards they are in the end zone. Oh yeah, did i mention that it was five RUNNING plays later?
    As i was writing this, App state drove down the field, AGAIN and scored.
    21-0 with 10 minutes remaining in first half.

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    University of Northern Iowa should be there. :(

3. AMfinfan9

AMfinfan9 Junior Member

Dec 14, 2007
    PA
    They're playing Delaware right

4. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    Being a JMU fan, I still cant believe when we lost to them first round of the playoffs with like 30 seconds left... down by 1... and we fumbled in the red zone... why we didn't just kick the field goal, I will never know.

5. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Threpeat.
    Wow.
    They should kick duke out, and move them up.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Or Notre Dame. Both are horrific.

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    They are great. Could probably compete right away in the Sun Belt Conference or w/e and work their way up. Was hoping Delaware would pull it off and bring some pride to the CAA though.

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Scary thought...Edwards is a sophmore.
    SOPHMORE.

Talk about a dark horse for heisman next year.
    App state talked to FSU and somebody else (tenn, maybe?) about playying them in the first game of the season. Both teams refused.
    hah
    nobody wants to risk it anymore.

9. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Calling the Michigan game the biggest upset in history of sports is what is ridiculous. Keith Jackson said himself that App State being a 2 time div I-aa champ is only about ten players from being a solid Div1 program. He basically called out espn and all other sports writers saying they were creating a bigger story that it actually was.

I agree, I can think of a few other events that were bigger, like the Jets over he Cots in SBIII changed the NFL forever. Or how about Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson for the Heavy weight Championship in Tokoyo? Nobody saw that coming.

It was a huge upset but not the biggest ever, plus that kinda takes away from App State and all they have acomplished over the past few years.