1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April Fools pranks around the interwebs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DrAstroZoom, Apr 1, 2009.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    GMail has a great joke on login introducing members to Gmail Autopilot by CADIE:

And Wikipedia has populated its home page with a bevy of humorous entries.

Have you found any other goodies?

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the website that cadie supposedly made is hysterical......

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    i got an april fools played on me by some girl last night at like 3...i was pissed. :sad:

dolfan32323 and opfinistic like this.
  4. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

Nothing this year, but my personal favorite was probably 8 years ago, when I was living in Buffalo. The most popular local morning radio show (Shredd and Ragan) broke the news that the Buffalo Sabres had been bought by Paul Allen were moving to Seattle. They had some guys on the team, including the coach, in on the joke, giving depressed interviews about how sorry they were to leave Buffalo, and how this came as a huge shock to them. Callers called in venting righteous rage and indignation, and since Buffalonians are natural pessimists (having arguably the worst 20th century of any major American city will do that to you), the whole city fell for it, hook, line and sinker. As the show went on, they dropped hints that steadily built to the conclusion that it was a hoax, such as referencing a non-existant website that broke the news, and the fact that the Sabres would be rechristened the "Seattle Supersabres", in an effort to have cross marketing with the basketball team.

The best part was that several days later, there were still people upset because they thought the Sabres were moving!

The all-time classics are here, including the great Sidd Finch.

anlgp and GridIronKing34 like this.
  5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    last year here they said on the radio that obama was going to make a stop at the airport. People showed up at the airport :lol:

6. phunwin

This wasn't really an April Fool's Joke, but it was a hoax that was almost a year in the making:

My sister (almost 3 years younger than me) has a birthday of Nov. 6. When she was probably 5 years old, I started a steady campaign of disinformation to convince her that her birthday was Nov. 4, not 6. My parents were somewhat confused by this, and let it go. Well eventually I succeeded in brainwashing her into thinking her birthday was November 4th. My sister was a greedy little child, craving presents and attention, roughly in that order. So, when the morning of November 4th came around, she woke up, happily burst into my parents' room and started yelling "Mommy, Daddy, it's my birthday, I want my presents!" My parents had to gently explain (while suppressing the urge to strangle me) that her birthday wasn't for two more days. So, she returned to her room, completely dejected, and had to wait two whole days for presents and her party.

7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    She showed you her Johnson afterward?

Dude, that is so evil...I wish I thought of that when me and my sis were kids.

OpeIsDope likes this.
  8. phunwin

In a totally unrelated note, I went on to become an insurance defense attorney.

opfinistic likes this.
  9. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    An attorney too! I feel the evil oozing from my monitor! :hi5: I may need an attorney by the time this election is over.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    www.movieweb.com is trying to tell everyone Zach Snyder has been tapped by George Lucas to re-do episodes 3-5.

11. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    "unrelated"

12. phunwin

I've been accused of stealing Christmas.

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    And.... was it true? :shifty:

14. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Actually, I shouldn't dog you, as you fight for my side.

15. phunwin

Yes, but I released Santa and the reindeer after protracted negotiations with the FBI. No charges were filed. I caught a break, as the Special Agent in Charge was Jewish and was upset that Santa had been ignoring his house all those years.

:lol: Dog away. If I didn't enjoy joking about it, I wouldn't have said anything. So far I've gotten 4 people busted for fraud and suspended from workers' comp benefits for life, which is a number I'm rather proud of. Offhand, I'm guessing those 4 cases saved our clients (one of whom was the State of New York) somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.25 million.

16. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The joke was on you man... That sucks ***.

Mainge and opfinistic like this.
  17. phunwin

Aw come on, apart from the miserable winters, collapsing economy, complete lack of a job market, fans of the crap-*** football team, suburban sprawl and the fact that probably 2/3 of the city looks like a caricature of Detroit, it's not that bad.

opfinistic likes this.
  18. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    You forgot the smell. I drove through there once, had to roll up the windows and fart in the car to make it tolerable, but you nailed everything else.

19. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

i wish...at least i would of gotten laid then.

opfinistic likes this.
  20. Philter25

Philter25 New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    You want sexy-time with a chick with a weiner? :no:

21. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

[​IMG]

whatevers free