1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arbitrator Ruling on VJax at 3 p.m. today

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Alex13, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    So if the ruling will be that he can return at week 4, there could be a trade very soon, he is still a FA in my league, just based on the ruling, do you pick him up this week ?

i would have to drop one of these receivers to do it :

Randy Moss
    Pierre Garcon
    Mike Wallace
    Mike Williams TB

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    San Diego isn’t trading Vincent Jackson.

3. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Drop Mike Williams and get Vincent Jackson, he will be traded.

4. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    check that its actually at 9 p.m. eastern time, so then its 3 p.m. over here :up:

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see how anybody can say SD won't trade him when its been reported (by Schefter , I believe) that the only reason a trade hasn't already been completed is that SD and the mystery team couldn't agree on the compensation. At a minimum that shows that SD is willing to trade him.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Because the only team SD is letting Jackson negotiate with is Seattle. It’s a threat, not a genuine offer. “Sign or else."

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That we know of.

If MIN really is prepared to throw a high pick or two at SD then why wouldn't they do it? Obv there's interest from more teams.

8. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    since we got some guys in here now, would you pick him up this week and drop any of the above mentioned WR´s of my team for him ?

9. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    especially whats been reported now....

[​IMG]

and now what ?

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yea, Garcon.

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    How do you know this?

And Seattle might just be the best team in the division so if it is a threat, its not a very good one.

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [​IMG]

rafael likes this.
  13. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    so this is already a good sign, that they are now let the bidding begin

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    More:

-Washington Post

Interesting bc we didn't know that STL was given permission to talk to him.

Apparently, there may be things that happen within the league that we don't know about. :shifty:

15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Because the Chargers invited Seattle to negotiate with Jackson without Jackson requesting any trade; the Seahawks were the only team the Chargers allowed to speak with Jackson; and the Chargers then killed any potential deal by asking for too much.

The Chargers have zero interest in trading Vincent Jackson, just as they have yet to move Marcus McNeill, who is also holding out.

I’m a little worried by the run of the mill thinking on the Vincent Jackson situation. People seem to be thinking “player holds out, team can’t get player to play, therefore team will trade player,” since that’s usually how these situations work out. The problem is, that isn’t what’s happening here. In San Diego, it’s “player holds out, team can’t get player to play, team plays hardball to get player to play.”

This attitude comes from the top and isn’t going to change.

At this point, the only way the Chargers trade Jackson is if they get a really, really good deal for him. But who’s going to make that kind of offer? We were the only team willing to pay up two 2nds and $40 million for Brandon Marshall. No one’s offering that sort of compensation to the Chargers or that sort of contract to Vincent Jackson. No one’s offering that for Marcus McNeill, either, apparently, because he’s still a Charger. You’d think a team like the Cowboys would be willing to pay up, but hey, Alex Barron is still a Dallas Cowboy.

Word of the Vikings or the Rams or the Redskins being actively interested in Jackson is speculation based on outside perception of those teams’ needs.

16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    It's not speculation when STL has already been given permission to talk to VJ.

17. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Another “Sign your tender or else” threat. I’m sure the Chargers would give Detroit permission to talk to Vincent Jackson if only they didn’t have Calvin Johnson on their roster already.

Again, people are approaching this situation way too stereotypically.

18. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol You do realize that you're denying people's interpretations of the situation bc they don't match your own, right?

It's like not acknowledging news bc it's not written by your favorite paper.

19. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Conversely, I’m the only person offering evidence to support my opinion besides “come on, of course they’re trading him” or other similar sentiments.

If the Chargers had granted Jackson permission to seek a trade, and then he had contacted the Seahawks or any other team of his own volition, that would justify the popular opinion. But the fact is, they didn’t and he didn’t. The Chargers granted permission for the Seahawks (and at the time, ONLY the Seahawks) to speak to Jackson about a trade without consulting Jackson ahead of time.

That is a threat. “Sign with us or we’ll trade you to a crappy team.”

The Chargers then undermined any potential contract agreement Jackson and the Seahawks might have eventually worked out by demanding excessive compensation for Jackson. They never intended to trade him to the Seahawks, but using them as a threat made sense: they’re a bad team who spent all offseason looking for a WR (like Brandon Marshall), so that made their potential interest appear at least somewhat plausible (and therefore somewhat horrifying) to Jackson.

But Jackson still hasn’t signed. So they’re repeating the tactic with another bad team, the Rams. But hey, the Rams are also a bad team with WR problems: right now it’s unclear if their #1 WR is Laurent Robinson or Mark Clayton, neither of whom keep defensive coordinators up at night. The Rams are actually more credible as a trade threat than the Seahawks because Sam Bradford needs help.

“Sign your tender or we’ll trade you to a bad team” is just a threat. The Chargers don’t mean it, which is why their trade demands are astronomical. Jackson knows they don’t mean it, which is why he hasn’t worked out a potential contract with the Seahawks or the Rams.

Vincent Jackson isn’t going to be traded. The Chargers will keep him, and if he doesn’t sign his tender, he loses a year’s credit towards free agency, which means this entire drama will repeat next year. Or, if there’s a new CBA and Jackson qualifies for free agency under that CBA, the Chargers will simply use the franchise tag on him.

20. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That's all pure speculation. The only difference being that this is your version.

Btw, SD looks like a pretty bad team as well.

21. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    And so, Vincent Jackson remains a Charger.

Pure speculation, eh? How would you like your crow prepared? :lol:

22. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Since they were obviously negotiating with several teams, it was obviously speculation. Reality is that few trades happen in the NFL. I could claim that every potential trade won't happen and be right +95% of the time. That wouldn't change the fact that it would be pure speculation.

slickj101 likes this.
  23. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol Wow. When did anyone say that a trade would def happen?

Your whole argument that others disagreed with was that SD wouldn't allow him to negotiate with anyone but SEA.

This was proven to be wrong and acknowledged by seemingly every literate person except for yourself when the reports of him speaking with STL surfaced.

Your crow has been cooked and sitting on the table for about a week now.

24. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Oddly enough, pretty much everyone who comments on football was sure a trade would happen.

Also, while trades do happen in the NFL, trades of big-name players rarely happen. Brandon Marshall moves are notable for their rarity.

You’re kidding, right? You have to be. If people didn’t believe a trade was likely, then arguing with me over my stance that a trade wouldn’t happen makes no sense.

25. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol Then show me where I said a trade was def or even likely to happen?

Didn't think so.

Again, the debate was over SD talking to more teams than just SEA.

26. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The debate was over the likelihood of Jackson being traded, and pretty much everyone was sold on the probability of that occurring.

I said he wasn’t going anywhere.

You don’t get to backtrack out of this one. :lol:

27. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    O really? Then like I said, show me where I ever said he was def or even likely to be traded.

For the last time, the debate was over who he was or wasn't allowed to negotiate with.

Pretty obvious you were wrong about STL and possibly MIN so stop trying to act like I was saying something else.

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I asserted all along that he was never going to be traded, that San Diego was controlling which teams Jackson was and was not speaking to, and that ultimately San Diego would never accept an offer.

Right on all counts.

29. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol You said they were only letting him speak to SEA, which has already been proven to be wrong.

But if it makes you feel better then you can go ahead and think that.

Vant a cookie?

30. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    although it was close i guess, 2 teams did had contracts in place with him, AJ aka "Lord of no Rings" just was a ***** about compensation, so it was not lopsided....:lol: