1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are '72 Dolphins the NFL's biggest divas? Get real, Morris says

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Topdawg13, May 22, 2011.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

steveincolorado and Disnardo like this.
  2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Adam Rank = Pathetic excuse for a sports writer.

3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The '72 Phins did something no one else had ever done, something no one else has ever done since. They stand alone in perfection, lording over everyone else.

Suck it, Adam Rank.

And suck it, haters.

4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I would have a chip on my shoulder if I was on this team. They went to the Superbowl in 71, won it with a perfect season in 72 and won a Superbowl AGAIN in 73. Three straight Superbowls, a perfect season, 2 titles and they seem to always be an after thought when people talk about great teams. This is one of the greatest runs in NFL history with the perfect season never being equaled. Yet you rarely hear them talked about where they belong with the Steelers, 49ers, etc as one of the greatest runs in the history of the league.

You have idiots like this guy painting them as divas because they celebrate being on one of the greatest teams ever. You know I'd get together with my old friends, pop open a beer and raise a toast to that team every year too if I was on it. Hell I was born in 72 and never saw those teams and I still raise a cold one to toast them when the last perfect team loses every year.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Never heard of Adam Rank. With a name and writing like that, can't say I will again after this

Themole likes this.
  6. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You know, after reading this articel and thinking it over...even if it were true that the 72 Dolphins were divas, I say SO WHAT????????

We seem to celebrate "divas"...Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson...celebrated!!! People get erections over these players and talk trash...and it's accepted, so again I ask SO WHAT if the 72 team are a bunch of divas?

When I run into Dolphins haters here in Afghanistan (although surprisingly I've run into ALOT of fans this time around), I simply look at them, smile and say...

"Welcome to Perfectville, established 1972, population.....ONE" with the emphasis of holding up one finger.

Themole, Topdawg13, SCall13 and 2 others like this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The people responsible for the single greatest team accomplishment in all of sports, when half the team had the unselfish nickname of the No-Names, and they are somehow divas?

Its complete and utter stupid bs things like this that make me wish there was actually a rapture yesterday.

jetssuck, Themole and jason8er like this.
  8. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    On that note, how much of an idiot do you think that guy is feeling like right about now? LOL

9. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    The only undefeated team ever. They can act however the hell they want.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

jetssuck likes this.
  11. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    This.

And aren't the media's comments rather sad, when they are the ones that always bring it up? It is the media that always seek out our boys every year a team begins to threaten that record, and not the other way around.

12. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You're right....THEY are the ones that always bring it up....making some comment like, "...the 72 Dolphins are now popping the cork on the champagne now that the last undefeated team has now lost."

jason8er likes this.
  13. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern California
    Wait, I thought they were "grumpy old men"...I gotta keep up with this dizzying shift in narrative. :P

Canton Bulldogs, are you serious?? They also had zero playoff wins. Actually, I'm being disingenuous (first NFL playoff game: '33 Championship) but no more so than Rank's failure to mention Canton's combined three ties in those two years - no Perfect Seasons there. Nice try Adam. Now go home and get your shinebox!

jetssuck and padre31 like this.
  14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I really enjoy Mercury Morris's commentary, he is like a more refined version of Charles Barkely.

Absolutely loved his analogy about the 07 Patriots "moving into the neighborhood, now they are at the front door.."

:lol:

Themole likes this.
  15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [video=youtube;_ojif4CvI5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojif4CvI5g[/video]

[video=youtube;G_9w8xSwPSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_9w8xSwPSE&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;hsoFWx_t9Ow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsoFWx_t9Ow&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;1noYVFl-Cnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noYVFl-Cnk&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;EaeF_mj8_sY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeF_mj8_sY&feature=related[/video]

Priceless..

Hiruma78, MikeHoncho and jetssuck like this.