1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Dolphan "GM's" Ready For Some Off Season?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MaddMatt, Feb 9, 2010.

1. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I was not here last year but, do suspect that there may be a "few." on this forum, who may love the off season as much as me. I actually like it more than most pre and post game talks.

With the no cap year, this one is gonna be special. I expect more trades than ever before, many surprises on player's cut, and one of the best drafts in history.

We need four players, and getting them is gonna be quite a challenge.

March 5 is the magical date when this all starts for trades, FA's, and bonuses to be paid. In the meantime, teams are going to have to place their franchise and transition tags, make qualifying offers to RFA's, the combine, and all the rumors will begin. I am PUMPED!!!

Anyone else as excited as me?

djphinfan likes this.
  2. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm right with ya, especially with a FO that hits more than it misses (thank god).

I love the draft almost as much as I love watching the Fins play, and the FA period is damn exciting as well.

I'm looking for the FO to find 4-5 new potential starters this offseason as you alluded to, an ILB, a SOLB, a NT, a FS and a WR or TE.

alen1 likes this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    You should have joined the GM league.

4. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri

I don't expect free agency to be nearly as active as in the past.

A lot of talent in the draft though.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Love the offseason, the strategy involved in not just building a superbowl team, but a dynasty, is what iam all about..

4 players, 2 units [linebacking/receiving}, 2 vehicles {free agency/draft}, all close to first round grade...Thats the stregy for the immediate impact of the team...Rounds 3 to 7 for the dynasty part.

6. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Some do not understand my compassion with the off season. To me, it's how you build the team that plays on Sundays. It is special to make the right pick, FA, or trade, and see them do well.

Last year, I picked Davis and Smith, and loved seeing them play as well as I thought they would. I've also had some that were not as good but, that is the fun in the off season.

7. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    It is gonna be interesting to see how Tuna & Ireland handle this draft. Chances are that the BPA is not gonna be a need.

8. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Do not discount the trade vehicle. I believe it is going to make a big difference this year.