are the jets better than us
352 replies
Seems That way to me... Funny how then bounce right Bach but Its taking us a decade... Why, luck, better ownership, or is rex a good coach?
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
In theory...
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
no... the Falcons are just god awful this year.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
Their d looks great geno looks fine, then run the ball, then block...
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
Their wins are the bucs (0-5), the bills (2-3), and the falcons (1-4).
No. They are not.
Agree with by roan, we have no idea until we play the Jets. End of thread IMVHO
2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

"dullfandan wrote:
Their d looks great geno looks fine, then run the ball, then block...
Geno looked fine in ONE game. He's been a train wreck otherwise
I feel u guys, and I hope we are but beating them wont be easy
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
Keep in mind too, they got a huge gift in the Tampa Bay game. I mean, the Bucs literally handed them the game.
They are better than I thought, though. Their defense is real good. But if you stop their run game, you are in good shape.
"CitizenSnips wrote:
Geno looked fine in ONE game. He's been a train wreck otherwise
I wouldn't say that. He's just very up and down. He looks like a train wreck one week then looks fine the next.
He looked fine in this game so he's probably scheduled to throw 5 picks against the Steelers next week.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
"dullfandan wrote:
I feel u guys, and I hope we are but beating them wont be easy
It never is. No divisional opponent is easy to beat.
Hell, no game in the NFL is really easy these days.
And you dont have ti play a team to kno whos better... Are we better than the jags? Sayin we have to wait and see means there is doubt
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
Unfortunately they play Pittsburgh this week and New England plays the saints, so it's likely the jets will share the division lead this week. But they'll fall off in the 2nd half of the season when their schedule gets a lot harder.
After Pitt they have patriots, bengals, saints.
"Rocky Raccoon wrote:
It never is. No divisional opponent is easy to beat.
Hell, no game in the NFL is really easy these days.
especially after we've just lost two in a row.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
I talked a lot prior to the season about how I appreciate what the Jets are doing with the roster ASIDE from at the all-important quarterback position.
But even at that position, I love the philosophy behind what they were doing. I just didn't like the particulars. I don't think keeping Sanchez around helps anyone. I didn't like Geno Smith coming out of the draft. But I do like the veteran/rookie philosophy and how John Idzik probably looks at the position from a total investment standpoint and may not be beholden to one particular investment. That's the philosophy that got Seattle Russell Wilson, eventually.
I thought they made some investments that made sense. One of them being Mike Goodson, who made an impact last night. Another being Chris Ivory. Going after Kellen Winslow is a worthwhile investment. So was Antwan Barnes. It even made sense to get Calvin Pace back at a reduced price. I was completely on board with monetizing Darrelle Revis given his contract demands.
I didn't think they were doing enough at the safety position. Until they signed Kellen Winslow I wasn't sure why they hadn't invested more in the tight end position though I've always liked Jeff Cumberland.
I just always thought that if it weren't for the dumpster fire quarterback position that roster might actually be a playoff roster. I like the combination of Stephen Hill and Santonio Holmes, granted Holmes' attitude is terrible. I think that defensive front they have is one of the best. I liked Dee Milliner a lot. They have at least three good offensive linemen in Ferguson, Mangold and Howard.
Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com
They beat a Falcons team that the rest of the East ran a train on. The Titans gave the Jests a rectal prolapse. I'm hardly quaking at them. The one thing they have going is what the Bills have going, and we have going against the Pats...it all goes out the window against division rivals.
Otherwise, like all NY teams, they are newsmakers... but they are going nowhere.
Truth of the matter is, it's probably pretty close. And it's difficult to know how healthy we'll be win we play them, because aside from the first game - and we weren't totally healthy then - we haven't been healthy all year on defense.
Our wins are better overall, but if you look at how they match up against our team, the match-ups are pretty favorable for them when we're on offense. They will stop our run, and they have gambling CBs that break quickly on the ball. And they gamble to pressure the passer. We haven't been good at blocking that type of pressure this year, especially in bad down and distance situations. Cromartie was a handful for Julio Jones, and we don't have a WR better. We do have one faster. Depends on how their gambling works sometimes. Then, we probably have a better defense than their offense, but I kind of see it like the Ravens game. They'll get some running yards. And they'll hit some big plays. Depends how well we pressure Geno Smith, too. If he's pressured, he'll make mistakes. But he throws pretty nice intermediate and long balls, for the most part. Their offense seems more dangerous with him than they did with Sanchez.
To me, it's close. And we play the Jets at New York first. That'll likely be a pivotal game for both teams. The second game, the one at home, is the last game of the year. Hopefully, it means something for us.
GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!
remember this thread when they go 1-4 in there next 5 games.
"dullfandan wrote:
And you dont have ti play a team to kno whos better... Are we better than the jags? Sayin we have to wait and see means there is doubt
So the Jags have the same record as us?
"dullfandan wrote:
And you dont have ti play a team to kno whos better... Are we better than the jags? Sayin we have to wait and see means there is doubt
Obvious troll is obvious, probably a Jets fan.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
their defensive line is pretty damn good and young at the same time. their two MLBs are playing well right now. hard to run against them. but that's not a problem for us since we'll be passing every down from here on out.
but realistically, if you compare them now to our team now (i.e. with all the injuries), I'm not sure we're better than they are. If our team gets healthy, then we're a better team.
testing
Overall, I don't think so. However, their defensive line is going to embarrass whatever turnstiles are playing OL for the Dolphins at the time.

Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.