1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the Pats going to change the game?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Fin-Omenal, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    These guys seem to be grabbing any and every TE they can. I know most are camp bodies but I wouldn't put it past these guys to line up with 3-4 TE's on the field in a shotgun formation. Could be they are just desperate to find the RIGHT #3 guy, but I'm not so sure.

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    No....it is just what they do...stack players at positions....they have the luxury to get guys like Shancoe who could start for most teams, and put him on ST, or use him as an athletic blocking TE who occasionally catches passes......

They will do the same thing they have always done IMO.....they even have a long threat this year....I am half kidding when I say I expect them to go undefeated this year barring an injury to Brady...I really do expect them to be that arrogant, cocky, brash, run the score up team they were the year they almost did go undefeated...

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    The patsies have a recurring habit of stacking players, IMO, mainly to keep other teams from grabbing them. If/when they release them, the players don't have a chance to acclimate to another teams system w/o a training camp

finyank13 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They used 3 tight ends when Josh McDaniels was there the first time. Nothing new from them; just different athletes that are more problematic than those that were with McDaniels the first go around.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I know that's not uncommon, I just could see a formation with Lloyd/ Welker and Hernandez split wide with Gronk in the slot and X on the Los.

With Bradys ball placement a big body getting position is as important as creating separation. Bill is a GENUIS on both sides of the ball folks.

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yeah, their passing game is just pure beauty. I'm jealous every time I see that damn offense in motion... here's to hoping we can be that team the league envies sooner than later.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Too bad it hasn't turned into more championships then...

I liken the Pats to fighting Tyson....the old Tyson.....

If you can take the early onslaught, and weather the storm you have a shot.....they are a team that is used and comfortable playing by 14+ points....you get them in a dogfight they dont like it, and Brady certainly doesn't like getting hit....I mean no QB does, but him especially....it affects the way he plays you can see....pop him a few times in the beginning of the game, and he is off balance...

Doing that is the hard problem...

8. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Bounty?