1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we a good football team?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SICK, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I would say a decent team. We still have to add players on both sides of the ball. There will be some tough personnel decisions coming up in the off season, along with Coaching changes.:wink2:

2. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Ross Ohlendorf? The same Ross Ohlendorf that was garbage with the Yankees? The same Ross Ohlendorf that throws 95 mph pipe fastballs down the middle of the plate?

That guy is horrible...does he still have a gig as a Pittsburgh Pirate? I can't believe we got Marte & Nady for him and Tabata basically.

3. Ross Ohlendorf

Ross Ohlendorf Banned

Nov 19, 2009
    Are u really trying to argue that the Yankees won that trade? Typical delusional ny/ Miami fan. What's next telling me Chad henne will be better than roethlisberger or how this ragtag bunch of losers are going to knock the world champs from the postseason? Not even in a parallel universe buddy.
    Hm nady is currently a free agent who big surprise was injured all year again and marte put up a very productive 9.5 era this season. While ohlendorf is27 and has many years ahead. Had a 3.92 era last year.tabata is one of the better prospects in MLB. And Daniel mccutchen is halfway decent too. U got taken to the cleaners deal with it. Thanks for helping expedite the rebuilding process. Won't be long before all 3 teams win championships in the same year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    to be a great team, our needs:

1) WR- high draft or freeagency
    2) TE- ditto
    3) ILB- ditto
    4) NT- ditto
    5) develop our rookies across the board in 2009
    6) set the WC up w/ Pat White during the present season as a viable attack, a clear & present danger to contend with ...
    7) resign Brown to a reasonable contract. the Tandem is a must for a SuperBowl run
    8) use Wake, he is our future sack master & a freak of nature
    9) Henne must make his bones this season. we go no where w/o a Franchise QB

not so bad,.. all completely doable & probable
    We Will Contend in 2010!

5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    we are not good yet ... but we are very, very close ...

LBs and a WR are all that stand in the way ....

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    What about that guy that lines up at the end of the offensive line and catches balls? I think they call him a TE.:lol:

7. Ross Ohlendorf

Ross Ohlendorf Banned

Nov 19, 2009
    And don't forget safeties and a nt. And not all of these rookies are going to pan out either
    the list goes on and on with this team
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No more than for most teams.

I think we're fine at S with what Clemons and Culver have shown and what we have with Bell and Wilson. They seem to finally be gelling back there and avoiding the break downs that lead to all those big plays early.

At NT I like Soliai. I would look for a developmental type to bring along behind him especially if Ferg's career is done.

So while both of those positions can be upgraded they are not dire needs.

IMO we need a #1 WR, TE and an ILB as our primary needs. I'd also like a G. Upgrades at S and NT would be appreciated but are much lesser needs. And like every other team in the league play makers are always desired.
    That's not a big list. In fact, do to all the youth on our team our list is smaller than most teams. If we upgrade those three positions to the good level we'll be at least decent across the board. That would be enough to put us solidly in the 'good' category. And if Henne and Wake develop maybe even the great category.

jetssuck likes this.
  9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I guess im the only guy who thinks that steelers are a "good" team?
    Sure as hell better than Chargers and or Broncos.

10. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Pretty big insult to day old doggy doo doo.