Are we still buggy?

41 replies

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 7, 2016, 10:10 AM

"3Pmi wrote:

I believe when you post in a thread, it marks all the posts I that thread as read, so it would be in the "All Subscriptions" folder I linked earlier. When a subscription seems to disappear, check that link and see if it is still there, but not listing on your settings page because there are no unread posts.

My subscriptions are mostly disappearing. I checked my settings, and they should all be correct, but threads mostly aren't being added as I post in them, and others are just going away.

Oct 7, 2016, 12:05 PM

Mine seem to drop off because I no longer get notifications.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 8, 2016, 08:34 AM

The fistpumps/thanks received no longer update by poster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 10, 2016, 11:10 PM

FWIW, I had five older subscriptions with new posts show up in my settings today after they were posted in, which I thought was interesting. It seems that its mostly the new threads that are the problem. Maybe at some point in the recent past, subscriptions stopped being attached?

3Pmi3Pmisuperadmin
Oct 11, 2016, 12:45 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

FWIW, I had five older subscriptions with new posts show up in my settings today after they were posted in, which I thought was interesting. It seems that its mostly the new threads that are the problem. Maybe at some point in the recent past, subscriptions stopped being attached?

I did some maintenance jobs the last couple of nights rebuilding some of the thread information, amongst other things, that likely explains the issue with the older threads being fixed. I'm not sure what to make of the issue you're having with the new threads at this point as I don't seem to be having that issue.

I am having the issue that Ohio reported of subscriptions randomly disappearing, which is a bit frustrating because it seems totally random and I can't figure out what is triggering it.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 11, 2016, 12:49 AM

"3Pmi wrote:

I did some maintenance jobs the last couple of nights rebuilding some of the thread information, amongst other things, that likely explains the issue with the older threads being fixed. I'm not sure what to make of the issue you're having with the new threads at this point as I don't seem to be having that issue.

I am having the issue that Ohio reported of subscriptions randomly disappearing, which is a bit frustrating because it seems totally random and I can't figure out what is triggering it.

OK, thanks man. I appreciate all the hard work. I don't think any of the threads that I've posted in since about the start of September are registering, for whatever reason. They are showing as having new posts appropriately within the board itself though, and when I click to go to the newest post, that all seems to work. So most of the functionality is seemingly back. Just not the quick and easy way to tell that the threads that I'm posting in have new ones.

3Pmi3Pmisuperadmin
Oct 11, 2016, 08:45 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

OK, thanks man. I appreciate all the hard work. I don't think any of the threads that I've posted in since about the start of September are registering, for whatever reason. They are showing as having new posts appropriately within the board itself though, and when I click to go to the newest post, that all seems to work. So most of the functionality is seemingly back. Just not the quick and easy way to tell that the threads that I'm posting in have new ones.

I'll keep plugging away at it. I'm going to turn on some more logging on the back end to see if I can catch some sort of error or something that is happening behind the scenes.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 12, 2016, 01:21 PM

Out of curiosity, I went ahead and manually subscribed to a few of the threads that are regularly being posted in. Now, about 15 hours later, some, but not all of them, are showing in my subscription list when they have new posts.

Oct 12, 2016, 04:04 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Out of curiosity, I went ahead and manually subscribed to a few of the threads that are regularly being posted in. Now, about 15 hours later, some, but not all of them, are showing in my subscription list when they have new posts.

But when you post in one of those threads (which should generate a subscription) does it wipe out the one you manually input and stop sending you updates? That is what happens to me.

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 12, 2016, 08:35 PM

"Ohiophinphan wrote:

But when you post in one of those threads (which should generate a subscription) does it wipe out the one you manually input and stop sending you updates? That is what happens to me.

It wasn't this morning, but thats what is happening now, yes. If I post in a thread, even if I tell it right beforehand to subscribe, it erases it. So Ironically, the more that I want to talk about a subject, the harder it is, lol.

Including this thread too!

3Pmi3Pmisuperadmin
Oct 13, 2016, 10:29 AM

Testing 1, 2, 3...

Testing to see if posting in a thread you're subscribed to removes your subscription.

3Pmi3Pmisuperadmin
Oct 13, 2016, 10:31 AM

Ok, so it seems like you guys found something repeatable... posting in a thread you're subscribed to removes the subscription. That gives me something concrete to pursue!

Oct 13, 2016, 10:31 AM

4, 5, 6 I will check my end as well

Edit: In my case the answer is still "yes"

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 13, 2016, 08:42 PM

It also seems that reading a thread without posting in it does NOT erase the subscription. Just posting in it.

However, I'm still having the issue that some threads simply won't show up in my list, no matter what I did.

LLLloyd HeilbrunnSupporter
Oct 15, 2016, 01:55 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

It also seems that reading a thread without posting in it does NOT erase the subscription. Just posting in it.

However, I'm still having the issue that some threads simply won't show up in my list, no matter what I did.

Yeah, like this one has never shown up for me as having new posts to read.....

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 11:34 AM

Don't know if you know about this one 3pmi, but when I click "member list" in the community tab I get:

Call to undefined function mysql_query() on line 13 in /data/web/thephins.com/forums/awards_memberlist.php
#0 /data/web/thephins.com/forums/memberlist.php(876) : eval()'d code(5): include()
#1 /data/web/thephins.com/forums/memberlist.php(876): eval()
#2 {main}

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 25, 2016, 03:51 PM

Yeah, its been that way for me since around the start of September when everything went wonky.